• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Christmas colors to my company party.

EG olive moleskin bedford + miner shirt
Epaulet chinos
Viberg roughout boots

fit of size L is perfect. Moleskin is amazing fabric.

Ingenuity92

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This question is so bad it might hurt, but what is EG? Is Engineered Garments a brand or just anything you had tailored? The brand seems pretty rare and hard to find so thats why im not sure....

m4gdelen4

Reaction score
This question is so bad it might hurt, but what is EG? Is Engineered Garments a brand or just anything you had tailored? The brand seems pretty rare and hard to find so thats why im not sure....

That was so bad it hurt a little. You didn't time to Google eh? Anyways, welcome aboard, hope you get addicted like the rest of us.

Loop Skywalker

Reaction score
hey SF...

long time reader of SF, i thought it's time to take a more active role as i really like some of the threads here.

outfit from a few days ago...

EG C-1 Vest
EG Miner Shirt
EG Workaday Fatigues (altered, as it was way too baggy for me)

Last edited:

notdesigned

Reaction score
^Nice. I alter my Fatigues very similarly (think I do a gradual taper to a 16" bottom). Much happier with them as a result.

nsltrls

Reaction score
Seeing that C-1 Vest physically pains me. It's the grail that got away. If anyone ever sees it in an XL...

Anyways, you look great. Welcome to this thread.

eluther

Reaction score
@Loop Skywalker Always leave the bottom button on vests undone. The way a fully buttoned vest bisects people always look out of place to me. That said, welcome.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Does anyone here have the Highland parka (the fishtail)? I am thinking about picking one up this season or next, likely in olive sateen, and have no where to try it on in person. Would love to hear some comments about it, and would love some fit pics as well. It's hard to find anything on it online really, except that one detailed youtube video.

Loop Skywalker

Reaction score
Seeing that C-1 Vest physically pains me. It's the grail that got away. If anyone ever sees it in an XL...

Anyways, you look great. Welcome to this thread.
I was quite unsure if i can pull it off, but it's one of my favorite items now.

Quote:

Will keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Boss, there is a very detailed review video few pages back. A super cool parka indeed.

I've already watched that, but watched it again, thanks to your reminder. Ya its pretty awesome.

Can anyone comment on sizing? It seems to fit like a tent based on the measurements provided at most places, but i'm assuming thats how it's designed, and most people still go TTS? I'm normally a large, and have a 40" chest. Large seems to have a chest of well over 50".

Reaction score
Hi! I'm they guy who made that parka video (sorry for the speaking voice btw, will fix for next time!)

I'm 5'7" and 160 lbs and I'm wearing size XS. EG is a real treat for me and so don't own anything else yet, but I've tried on some of the shirts and stuff and I seem to be about a medium, as I am for most brands. Would have considered sizing down to XXS if that was possible. For me the sizing concerns had to do with length more than anything, this parka would definitely be at its best on a taller guy imo. But as I said, I'm only 5"7" myself and still love it. If you're into mod type looks like in Quadrophenia or whatever the parka fits very similiar--it is definitely a bit tent-like, and deliberately so. As such, super easy to layer underneath, I wear a down overshirt type thing underneath and I'd say I'm good to at least -5 celsius, more if I chose to get a heftier midlayer, which the parka could certainly accomodate.

I feel like it took me awhile to get how to wear it. I don't like at all the pieces I chose for the video. I've been going with slightly slimmer and more tapered black jeans, boots and a chunky scarf. I recently bought super baggy wool pants with an extreme taper down to a hem just above the ankle to wear with the parka. I hope to post a fit pic soon...

When I first made the video I had just got it. Now, some months later I can safely say it's been exactly what I hoped it would be. I basically put it on every time I step out the door and it makes me feel like I am on my **** every time I do so. I did notice that when it released, the smaller sizes went super quick and the larger sizes have continued to sit. I don't know if EG will respond to that, but maybe they'll cut it a bit smaller for the upcoming season? There is a brief glimpse of it in the SS15 vid that came out.

Sorry if this is longwinded (damn parka really brings out the OCD in me!) and very big thanks to the guy who posted the video and thanks to those with a kind word, means a lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads