• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
What is the difference between the Andover and the Baker, besides the pockets? How do they differ in fit?

I believe the Baker is more fitted. The Andover has a relatively substantial flare at the hips, has a single vent, and runs longer in the arms and in general length. The Andover, IMHO, is a godsend if you have broad shoulders and need something a little more "classic" for the office.

edit: Also forgot to add, Baker is double-vented, which is a cut that works better for most. The Andover might be better for guys with larger backsides to avoid the "I have a tail of fabric" look that a double-vented jacket might give (from your backside pushing against the fabric).

Thanks for these posts - hoping to get a bit more clarification as well on differing EG fits - I just started purchasing some pieces and really like them.

How does the Bedford fit compare to the Andover? Is the Baker considered the most fitted jacket style from EG? As point of reference I own an Andover jacket which is somewhat fitted but not overly so in my opinion (I'm 6' tall, 168 pounds, 38R, got a medium).

Also, in general, for EG outerwear - I've read here that it is generally more on the "boxy" side, and not too fitted? Are there styles/pieces that are more fitted? I also own the Expedition Jacket which definitely is on the boxier side, but it has a draw string cinch in the back which allows the back to be pulled in and appear more tapered (otherwise I would have had darts put in).

Last edited:

soqueriaterum

Reaction score
Last weekend I wore my long bush shirt for the first time in the homeland. Does anyone else have the chambray one from this season? How do you style it?

Worn here with a Post Overall jacket, Mr Happy Poop, and not visible Workaday navy chinos and Redwing Super sole boots.

Last edited:

Knight

Reaction score
Looks terrific man!

I don't think there are any style guides per se, the hooded long bush shirt can be dressed up and down – the example beneath is styled by Daiki himself for Brutus magazine and shows a button down shirt underneath the bush shirt, with a jacket and vest over it for added layering – in case you wish to go that far.

Knight

Reaction score
@ManofKent that look with the homespun bedford is lovely!

Finally got a chance to post another pic, probably the most extreme that I'll ever wear it, but i can always pare it back :

Deer striker navy cord 8Wale
Bedford dark navy red floral jacquard
Spread collar shirt red purple gun club twill
Combi vest dark navy sweater knit
Tux pant dark navy geometric jacquard
Oak Street bootmakers Customised mismatched ripple sole trail oxford

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Knight Thanks.

That floral bedford is beautiful and you pull off the deer-stalker perfectly.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post from WAYWT:

Custom Hat and Converse leather sneakers, rest is EG from mixed seasons:

Knight

Reaction score
@ManofKent @mbaum El QUaG

Thanks as always boys, i appreciate it :) I'm finally going to purchase a homespun Bedford from Gary soon, so I'll probably post a (now seemingly mandatory) Bedford Homespun style pic soon.

MOK that look with the Lafayette pant is lovely. I always wanted those but sadly missed out, they're a nice pant to own.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@ManofKent
http://www.styleforum.net/u/25533/el-quag El QUaG

Thanks as always boys, i appreciate it :) I'm finally going to purchase a homespun Bedford from Gary soon, so I'll probably post a (now seemingly mandatory) Bedford Homespun style pic soon.

MOK that look with the Lafayette pant is lovely. I always wanted those but sadly missed out, they're a nice pant to own.

You won't regret the homespun purchase :)

The Lafayette arrived thanks to@habitant. I like them - I'm not a fan of sweatpants on me and the Lafayette have that relaxed nature without looking too like gym wear.

lawlercon

Reaction score
this probably isn't the proper channel, but i am really trying to get my hands on a size xl cruiser jacket - from any season, any fabric... olive whipcord would be preferred, but i'd entertain any. let me know! for some reason, i am just lusting after that jacket for the colder months coming up.

nsltrls

Reaction score

I tied my tie too short; early mornings suck.

---

FW13 Bedford Jacket in Navy Wool Serge
FW13 USN Pants in Olive Heavy Twill
FW14 Spread Collar Shirt in Tan/Brown Gun Club Twill
Kent Wang Knit Tie in Brown
Tanner Leather Goods Classic Belt in Dark Oak Chromexcel
Alden Indy Boots in Brown Chromexcel

---

Also, bonus pic of this season's Andover in Brown Antique Wool Herringbone, as well as the White Broadcloth Spread Collar Shirt:

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Christmas colors to my company party.

EG olive moleskin bedford + miner shirt
Epaulet chinos
Viberg roughout boots

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads