• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Put This On Season Two: The Kickstarter Campaign - officially endorsed by Styleforum

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

He he...I chose NORE as an inside joke to those who recognized my other aliases while I was going thru my banned stage, namely Animal Thug. :) I do like N.O.R.E. tho, ya figgadillme?

If you haven't read it, this is the most important NORE interview ever. Bizarro-gay-hate aside, the most hilarious thing I've read in my life. That dude is a madman.

Also: we're now over $21,000 and 30% of our goal. Just short of 500 backers. Thanks, everybody!

Last edited:

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you haven't read it, this is the most important NORE interview ever. Bizarro-gay-hate aside, the most hilarious thing I've read in my life. That dude is a madman.

NORE interviews are cool and all, but don't make me link up the Classic CL Smooth vs. Pete Rock interview.
highlights include anecdotes about people getting shot in the barber chair, and his real estate agent wife making more money than Pete Rock.

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
PTO is awesome. At the very least, the show spreads enthusiasm and knowledge about something we're all passionate about here. In my case, I learned a lot from the videos and the blog so I'm -proud to donate.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NORE interviews are cool and all, but don't make me link up the Classic CL Smooth vs. Pete Rock interview.
highlights include anecdotes about people getting shot in the barber chair, and his real estate agent wife making more money than Pete Rock.

Sounds like my life once upon a time. I've written about them on here somewhere when I was someone else...

Edit: found one summary. Here you go...

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Sounds like my life once upon a time. I've written about them on here somewhere when I was someone else...

Edit: found one summary. Here you go...

NORE....where the eff can i find the interviews with you? all the links posted are coming up page not found

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NORE....where the eff can i find the interviews with you? all the links posted are coming up page not found

I rarely talk about [the gangsta] stuff I've done on teh interwebs. just things I've seen. For the exclusive you'd have to chat with me in person.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I rarely talk about [the gangsta] stuff I've done on teh interwebs. just things I've seen. For the exclusive you'd have to chat with me in person.

ah....it would help if i read the whole posts. :facepalm: I thought PTO did an interview with YOU.

kellgy

Reaction score

+1 I agree with Ich_Dien..
There was one episode of PTO where a guy demonstrated in about 20 seconds, a better way to tie shoelaces. That one powerful tip may be well known to an afficianado but would still benefit 95% of the general public. If each of the upcoming episodes were to be jam-packed with useful tips and information for the layman, they'll strike gold. This should be their goal, more useful content and less of hosts, trips and window dressing. The average man on the street has little interest and even less of an attention span for this topic, so doing the 'quick tips' format will create their audience and keep it. If they take it to that level, it wouldn't suprise me at all if they are picked up by mainstream TV and enjoy a livelihood out of this. Then they would have the platform and budget to enjoy lovely field trips and provide more diversity to the content, etc. I do sincerely wish them the best of luck in their endeavour. -peace

I explained this to my wife this morning and plan teaching both my children when they learn to tie their shoes. I like the blog and think it is a genuinely sincere effort r/e men's style and clothing.

Garnering the perspective from the above quote would be a wise choice. I would add a splattering of stylish shots with those you encounter on your journey.

Keep up the great work guys. I have watched everything and hope for more nuggets in the next season.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think one thing that we're very concerned about is that we don't want to make a "tips & tricks" show. I agree that that's useful, and that's something that makes up part of what's going on on our blog, but I want the show to be about more than just alternative ways to tie your shoelaces and rules. One of the reasons we came up with the Rudiments segment was as a way to get past that stuff, with some humor, and try to get to stuff that's about people. I'm sure that has cost us audience, there are "how to tie a tie" videos on Youtube with hundreds of thousands of views I'm sure, but it's about what we want to spend our time and talent (such as it is) doing.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think one thing that we're very concerned about is that we don't want to make a "tips & tricks" show. I agree that that's useful, and that's something that makes up part of what's going on on our blog, but I want the show to be about more than just alternative ways to tie your shoelaces and rules. One of the reasons we came up with the Rudiments segment was as a way to get past that stuff, with some humor, and try to get to stuff that's about people. I'm sure that has cost us audience, there are "how to tie a tie" videos on Youtube with hundreds of thousands of views I'm sure, but it's about what we want to spend our time and talent (such as it is) doing.

Not to impune your fine efforts or intentions but perhaps a combination of the two elements would be a good balance, providing something for the neophyte as well as the sartorialist. Please have a segment showing 10 ways to get rid of or creatively destroy square-toed shoes and the world will be in your debt. I wish you success on your series.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics