• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score
Where do you buy your denim from? The only seller I know of (in the US) is Pacific Blue.

DL-
Yes. Pacific Blue is the best. There's also Premium Denim Outlet. Occasionally there are nice pieces of fabric on ebay or an ebay seller will cut down a larger roll if you ask (often you can also ask for a bit more if they're selling less than you want).

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I quickly browsed the new beta https://beta.luxire.com/#/collections/shirts
Can you see a overview of all collar types that are available for shirts? As far I can see, there are only styles for the complete shirt.
Proper Cloth is really a perfect example this: http://propercloth.com/collar-styles/

Currently, we have this page with collar and other details plus images.

This data will be made more detailed, easily accessible and also will be better organized over the next few days.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Having purchased quite a few shirts and a number of trousers from Luxire, I've found the ordering process quite straightforward—the web-site accommodates these quite well.

I very much hope that at some point the new web-site will offer a step-by-step guide to ordering sport coats and suits; I take it the process is rather more complex, but I have never been able to find it explained anywhere on the site (given the shortcomings of the current site it's certainly possible that it's there somewhere and I've simply been unable to find it).

Cheers,

Ac

It is a work in progress, most of the work has been done. I would imagine a release in January.

flvinny521

Reaction score
@luxire There is one behavior I've noticed on the beta site that is annoying and you may want to look at: when editing a shirt's style, there is a vertical list along the left hand side for the aspects of the shirt that can be customized (Collar, Cuffs, Placket, Back, etc.). Clicking the down arrow to advance that list does so, but also moves your selection to the top-most visible item, regardless of which section was highlighted previously.

For example, if I select "Edit Style" and click "Left Pocket," which is the item at the very bottom of the list, and then click the down arrow to view the next set of options, the selection jumps up three items back to Cuffs, which was the second item from the top of the list.

Regardless of the position of the list and the location of the currently selected item, pressing the down arrow should always move the selection one item down.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire There is one behavior I've noticed on the beta site that is annoying and you may want to look at: when editing a shirt's style, there is a vertical list along the left hand side for the aspects of the shirt that can be customized (Collar, Cuffs, Placket, Back, etc.). Clicking the down arrow to advance that list moves your selection to the top-most item, regardless of which section was highlighted previously.

For example, if I select "Edit Style" and click "Left Pocket," which is the item at the very bottom of the list, and then click the down arrow to view the next set of options, the selection jumps up three items back to Cuffs, which was the second item from the top of the list.

Regardless of the position of the list and the location of the currently selected item, pressing the down arrow should always move the selection one item down.

Thank you @flvinny521 . We are working on fixing it.

iurvox

Reaction score
The beta of the new Luxire website is now available for early adapters.

A small set of product have been added and are order-able. Successful orders will receive a 10% discount for bravery. The site is safe and secure.

Do share your feedback and let us know about the difficulties/errors or confusions that occur.

We have not migrated your profile, your orders, your gift cards yet.

Beta.Luxire.com

Long time lurker and been a Luxire customer for quite some time now (orders #16385, 16869, 18087, 20321).

All of my orders have been pants.

Here's my feedback on the beta site:

Positve:

- About front pleats: Great job adding the "First Pleat from fly" and "Second Pleat from Fly" options. This helps determining the spacing of the pleats. Love it.

- Also love to see the "Hook and Bar" option in the "Front Closure" section.

- I love to see that you have added the "Add Suspenders" option.

Neutral/Suggestion for improvement:

- I would love to see one more field in the "Front Pleats" section, maybe as a 3rd field below the field "Second Pleat from Fly": Suggestion: "Vertical Distance from Waistband"

What this means is that if you enter "0", then the pleats would start right at the waistband. If you enter "0.5", then the pleats would start half an inch below the waistband, meaning that the the pants are darted between the waistband and the actual pleats (half an inch). This is how the pleats are currently pictured.

To clarify, here are two pictures to show the difference:

1) Pleat starts at waistband (0 Vertical Distance from Waistband):
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Dd9x9KNIHj0/T-aVVb9-96I/AAAAAAAAEuA/ti20hmlYqtQ/s1600/IMG_1267.JPG

2) Pleat starts half an inch below waistband, darted between waistband and actual pleat (0.5 Vertical Distance from Waistband):
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0109/6372/t/16/assets/SINGLE%20PLEAT%20FORWARD.JPG?17687889206841079853

If you could add this suggestion, then I would be one of those customers who could stop "quoting an interpretation of the bible" when putting up their orders ;-)

Looking forward to your reaction.

Thank you.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the 9 oz and the 12 oz VBC. The mid grey 12 oz is great. It is almost as heavy as the Minnis which I also have.

I completely missed the 12oz options as they did not come up when I clicked on VBC for pants. Having now found them, is the VBC ash grey 12oz the mid-grey one you are referencing? Any pictures?

Zke8

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire

This data will be made more detailed, easily accessible and also will be better organized over the next few days.

The second picture of the One-Piece collar is a zoomed in version of the first one. I assume that you wanted to upload a picture with a tie instead.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Long time lurker and been a Luxire customer for quite some time now (orders #16385, 16869, 18087, 20321).

All of my orders have been pants.

Here's my feedback on the beta site:

Positve:

- About front pleats: Great job adding the "First Pleat from fly" and "Second Pleat from Fly" options. This helps determining the spacing of the pleats. Love it.

- Also love to see the "Hook and Bar" option in the "Front Closure" section.

- I love to see that you have added the "Add Suspenders" option.

Neutral/Suggestion for improvement:

- I would love to see one more field in the "Front Pleats" section, maybe as a 3rd field below the field "Second Pleat from Fly": Suggestion: "Vertical Distance from Waistband"

What this means is that if you enter "0", then the pleats would start right at the waistband. If you enter "0.5", then the pleats would start half an inch below the waistband, meaning that the the pants are darted between the waistband and the actual pleats (half an inch). This is how the pleats are currently pictured.

To clarify, here are two pictures to show the difference:

1) Pleat starts at waistband (0 Vertical Distance from Waistband):
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Dd9x9KNIHj0/T-aVVb9-96I/AAAAAAAAEuA/ti20hmlYqtQ/s1600/IMG_1267.JPG

2) Pleat starts half an inch below waistband, darted between waistband and actual pleat (0.5 Vertical Distance from Waistband):
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0109/6372/t/16/assets/SINGLE%20PLEAT%20FORWARD.JPG?17687889206841079853

If you could add this suggestion, then I would be one of those customers who could stop "quoting an interpretation of the bible" when putting up their orders ;-)

Looking forward to your reaction.

Thank you.
Thank you @iurvox , very nice feedback. Will review the option for pleat starting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire

The second picture of the One-Piece collar is a zoomed in version of the first one. I assume that you wanted to upload a picture with a tie instead.

Thank you @Zke8 , will have this fixed.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is great and more helpful than the spreadsheet has been so far to me at least.

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my last Black Friday pair of pants today. Loro Piana Greyish Brown Flannel. Really loving the LP offerings, especially at the sale price
4976956517c16faebc10d839ca5affcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics