• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give some feedback from my first Luxire purchase. I've tried another online MTM store a year ago or so, but had a bad experience with several orders and gave up. After all of the positive reviews for Luxire on this forum I decided to give them a try, and I'm glad I did. I ordered the Pale Blue Poplin 2/100, measured from a combination of measurements from my best fitting RTW shirts. The shirt arrived at my door here in the U.S. less than 10 days from ordering, which is incredibly fast for the quality of the product. The fabric and finishings were all as good or better than I was expecting, especially given the sub $70 price point and free shipping. Luxire's fit was spot on to the measurements I gave, which I certainly did not find with the other online MTM company. Overall I'm very happy with the quality and plan on making Luxire my new go to retailer for dress shirts. On that note, below are some photos of me in my new Luxire shirt. I generally like the fit, but would like to ask for some fit feedback on possible measurement changes for my second order. Thanks!
Slightly narrow the shoulders, slightly reduce the waist measurement perhaps, but overall that looks very good.

tillyato

Reaction score
Slightly narrow the shoulders, slightly reduce the waist measurement perhaps, but overall that looks very good.

Thanks for the feedback, I agree with both suggestions. I'll probably take in the shoulders by 1/2", maybe 1" in the waist. Theresa at Luxire suggested that they could slope the back panel on each side to eliminate the extra fabric near the armhole at the back, which I would have never thought of but makes complete sense. I'm really happy with the final product, and Luxire's customer service is really exceptional. I'll definitely be ordering another batch of shirts once I get my swatches in.

Quote:
Agree with the above, but you need to put up some clearer, non-phone photos from more angles for proper opinions.

Sorry, I'll take some better photos next time. Was heading out the door to work and figured the iPhone photos would be okay to give a general idea of the fit.

Rankiz

Reaction score
What do you think of the fit on my first Luxire shirt? Very satisfied with the first fit, but could be improved a little I think.

Should I do all these small changes you think?
1 A little shorter sleeves
2 Slim down the body (chest, mid waist and waist measurement) a little
3 Make shirt longer
4 A little bigger armhole width

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think of the fit on my first Luxire shirt? Very satisfied with the first fit, but could be improved a little I think.

Should I do all these small changes you think?
1 A little shorter sleeves
2 Slim down the body (chest, mid waist and waist measurement) a little
3 Make shirt longer
4 A little bigger armhole width

I think the sleeves might be okay, because you want there to be room for when you bend your elbow, so that the sleeve doesn't run up your wrist. What I suggest is maybe making the cuffs smaller, so they lie a bit further up your arm, and still give you leeway for bending your elbow.

Shoulders seem to be hanging off the sides by half an inch or so.

You mentioned armholes already.

jaidog

Reaction score
Luxire,

I was under the impression that none of your materials were transparent. The shirt below (Pale Blue Poplin 2/100) appears to be somewhat see-through since the sleeves of the undershirt are visible. I'm thinking of ordering an MTM shirt which I will wear over a t-shirt. I would like the t-shirt to remain hidden. Any specific materials which I should avoid, or is it better just to ask about specific ones prior to ordering?

Quote:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Remove the center pleat.
You should also reduce the waist of the shirt at the back.
Mr. Kabbaz published an interesting articel partly on this topic.
Have a look at it over here - 'darts':
http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs018/1101478760242/archive/1102282662413.html
The shoulder seams seem not to sit on the edge of your collar bone, if this is true, you should reduce the shoulder width.

That's informative. Do you have links to the other parts? They seem to be broken.

steveoly

Reaction score

Here you go http://www.customshirt1.com/ArchiveOne.htm

Also if you google AskAndyAboutClothes/Styleforum + Alex Kabbaz + a specific keyword on shirts, you have great chances to find interesting discussions and questions answered by Mr. Kabbaz.

I like the see thru women's pureness body suit! On a separate note I received two shirts today in the white and blue bengal stripe (stripes are about 4mm) and the light blue micro herringbone and both fabrics seem very nice.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is better with the stays. If you were going to go stay-less then I'd lengthen by .25". I think Luxire's unfused cutaway collars look great without stays, myself, but everyone has their own preference of couse. I posted a picture of my collar some time ago in this thread.

Not sure about the button, is the collar too big? Probably best to ask the experts at Luxire itself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads