• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're happy with those measurements you can just reference those order numbers in your future orders.

Two months though. Ugh. Still no response to my two emails. Guess I'll go with someone else until they get their act together.

I'll try that with another shirt but I feel it won't be the same if the source shirt isn't there.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is hilarious. Thanks, FedEx
spam[1].gif

6/07/2014 - Saturday
8:57 pm
In transit

TA YUAN HSIANG TW
5:32 am
Departed FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN
2:43 pm
In transit

BAYAN LEPAS MY
1:27 am
International shipment release - Import

MEMPHIS, TN
12:26 am
International shipment release - Import

MEMPHIS, TN
-

6/06/2014 - Friday
11:07 pm
Arrived at FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN
-

6/07/2014 - Saturday
7:27 am
In transit

SAMUTPRAKARN TH
5:21 am
In transit

GUANGZHOU CN
-

6/06/2014 - Friday
10:14 pm
In transit

ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR
9:00 pm
Departed FedEx location

ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR
-

6/07/2014 - Saturday
2:03 am
In transit

GUANGZHOU CN

Tracking can be nuts. Sometimes packages seem to jump from country to country like they're Carmen Sandiego.

Do you have an Indiana Jones style vault for patterns like at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Luxire have top men working on your shirts.

Top.

Men.

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So if one places an order that essentially states "take order X but use fabric Y", you should be able to jump to step #3 relatively quickly? Are patterns stored indefinitely? You seem to run in the eighth millenium with orders, that might constitute a lot of patterns (duplicates aside). Do you have an Indiana Jones style vault for patterns like at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark?

F*ck you on about?

Edit, I've had no issues with Luxire in regards to communication. They have always responded in a timely manner. However I noticed my last 2 shirts in the neck area it's been looser than my previous 2 shirts and I haven't lost weight.

But I never wear ties for work so it's ok. However by SF standards it would be loose.

Last edited:

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Finally received my latest order after two months! A copy of my Corneliani one piece collar and they nailed it!

I think going forward I'll just be sending in shirts for duplication and wait it out
IMG_2983.JPG

IMG_2985.JPG

These look great Kulata - just curious; aesthetics aside, what's the advantage of a one piece collar?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So if one places an order that essentially states "take order X but use fabric Y", you should be able to jump to step #3 relatively quickly? Are patterns stored indefinitely? You seem to run in the eighth millenium with orders, that might constitute a lot of patterns (duplicates aside). Do you have an Indiana Jones style vault for patterns like at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Essentially, in theory, if the order is for a fabric that we stock, all options are correctly picked and there are no notes, your order can move extremely quickly.

Yes, patterns are stored forever. They are our biggest asset, along with our team and our fabrics and machinery. The Last can be replaced fairly easily, the fabrics with some difficulty, the people extremely difficult or nearly impossible while the patterns are impossible to replace. We will digitize them sometime in the future. Some of the patterns that are made using a CAD software are already digitized but changes to them are not.

We store the patterns in poly bags and then arranged by customer name/order id on racks.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Pictures! We'd (well, at least I'd) like to see things like that, things that have to do with the making of the shirts. I wanna see my pattern! :)

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a tuxedo shirt a couple of months ago. While, I entered custom measurements, I did select any custom features. I simply asked them to make their standard tuxedo shirt to my measurements. When the shirt arrived, I noticed that it had button cuffs. While I didn't explicitly request French cuffs, I assumed they would be a standard feature. Should I send the shirt back? FWIW, it was the 3rd of 4 orders I've placed with Luxire.

PtrckHmphrys

Reaction score
Does anyone else experience problems raising their arms etc. in their Luxire shirts? I'll perhaps go into this in more detail at a later date, but it's pretty much the same problem described here. I have a Luxire shirt down now that looks very close to perfect—that is, it most closely resembles what I understand to be a perfect fit from the time I've spent studying photos etc. of bespoke shirts. However, my movement in the shirt is quite restricted. I can reach my arms out forward okay, but if I raise my arms above my head, the shoulders of the shirt pop up and the entire bottom of the shirt pulls upwards pretty severely. It does this even if I just raise one arm.

Of the different shirts I've received from Luxire, the ones with smaller armholes I believe allow for more movement. The sleeve width–armhole ratio for my latest shirts definitely feels slightly off, so that'll be the first thing I change.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
They have a slightly more graceful arc than normal collars. And this really shines when they are worn without a jacket. With a jacket collar, BDs can sit neater than the one-piece, which can sometimes scrunch up slightly as they're so "soft" by comparison. I like 1-pieces best in summer, worn with no jacket.

Last edited:

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They have a slightly more graceful arc than normal collars. And this really shines when they are worn without a jacket. With a jacket collar, BDs can sit neater than the one-piece, which can sometimes scrunch up slightly as they're so "soft" by comparison. I like 1-pieces best in summer, worn with no jacket.

I knew someone would be able to articulate it's benefits. :D The problem of scrunching up can be rectified with hidden buttons like this

Mine is fused so it stays in place.

Last edited:

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chocolate_Brown_Canvas_thumb.jpg
1x Chocolate Brown Duck Canvas

56803-CHK_thumb.jpeg
1x Blue Micro-Gingham Linen

VB93711_Blue_stripes_seersucker_thumb.jpg
1x Blue Dress Stripes Seersucker

I went with the #6300 one-piece collar for the shirts. I think it will work great as I will mostly use them without jacket and tie.
Sweet.
lurker[1].gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads