• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered pants and two shirts on October 10th, and they shipped today.
I am surprised they made it that fast, last order took 5 weeks.

Looks like their production/shipping is still all over the place. I ordered a remake of a shirt on Oct 11, and they haven't even charged my PayPal account yet. Clearly, they're not using a "first-in, first-out" system for fulfilling orders. I'd be interested to find out exactly what they make more quickly and why.

Recently, they said shirts should should take roughly 2 weeks, but pants were still taking longer. So how is it that a pair of pants and 2 shirts shipped faster than my remake order of one shirt? I'm trying to not make this sound like a complaint, I'm honestly really interested to hear if there's a rational explanation to their production queue.

Last edited:

Spurious

Reaction score
Since we are on the subject.
I ordered shirts (5 or 6) and pants (2) on October 1st. Havent been charged on my credit card.
It's more or less a remake of an existing pattern. Friend who I ordered with was charged on October 21st. We've combined orders, so they should ship together.

Ordered swatches via email 11days ago, havent heard back. Sent another email yesterday or two days ago.

It's a mess currently. They really shouldnt say they would fulfill shirt orders in 2 weeks, if they cant make it. There is no shirt maker out there who fulfills orders in less than 4 weeks regularly, why should Luxire claim they do it in half the time? Makes no sense.

I am not really pissed that it takes that long for making shirts + pants, but email communication is ridiculous. I am lucky that my pattern is more or less nailed otherwise I am not sure if I would order. Simply because it doesnt take 11 days to reply to a simple email.

/rant

Last edited:

jko

Reaction score
My casual shirts are all with soft, unlined collars. I need a shirt for more formal occasions, so what would you suggest for a collar that would hold its shape with a tie and a jacket but would still be as soft as possible?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a mess currently. They really shouldnt say they would fulfill shirt orders in 2 weeks, if they cant make it.... email communication is ridiculous.

Not to deny your experience, as perhaps I've simply been lucky, but I've been very impressed both with Luxire's communication & turnaround speed, as well as their attention to detail/quality control. My very first order took time to arrive because a fabric was out of stock, but each of my last three orders shipped within 14 days of ordering (one within 9 days!!) and every time I've PM'ed, I've received a reply within a day or so at most.

I'd consider that top-notch service, and if I'm honest, far better than I expected when I started ordering from an overseas business. I stand by something I posted upthread that Luxire's been the custom maker I've been most impressed with both in terms of consistency and speed.

It's strange to read about such variation as you and Beatlegeuse have reported, as if things really were a "mess", I should also have got unlucky at some stage. One of my orders was admittedly fairly large, so perhaps got prioritised on that basis, but the others have been relatively modest. Obviously your experience is your experience; I'm not denying it and hope it gets better, but I wanted to post the other side of Luxire's service.

My casual shirts are all with soft, unlined collars. I need a shirt for more formal occasions, so what would you suggest for a collar that would hold its shape with a tie and a jacket but would still be as soft as possible?

An obvious first step would be to add in a light lining. Luxire's default one is pretty light, but it's you could also PM Theresa for more options/advice, I suppose.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
I am not really pissed that it takes that long for making shirts + pants, but email communication is ridiculous. I am lucky that my pattern is more or less nailed otherwise I am not sure if I would order. Simply because it doesnt take 11 days to reply to a simple email.

I am not exaggerating when I say that each email I have sent has had to be followed up by an email asking if they got it or if they can reply.

The shirts are awesome and I have 13 now. The communication is just not a priority.

Last edited:

Xtra

Reaction score
I am not exaggerating when I say that each email I have sent has had to be followed up by an email asking if they got it or if they can reply.

The shirts are awesome and I have 13 now. The communication is just not a priority.

Check Luxires acknowledgement of the communication issue here - http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...g-official-affiliate-thread/5640#post_6663435

My experience with orders and shipping: 1. order (1 shirt): placed 1. feb, shipped 15. feb., about two weeks. 2. order (1 shirt): 3. march, shipped 15. march, 3. order (6 shirts) - placed 30. march, shipped 15. april, 4. order (3 shirts,1 denim) - placed 23. june, shipped 31. july, 5. order (2 shirts, 1 denim), placed 18. sep, shipped 15. october. Shirt orders have varied from about 2 weeks to about 3 weeks. Orders that have included trousers have taken about 4-5 weeks.

Very happy with all products and I'm now considering getting a peacoat by Luxire, which they said would take 2-3 weeks.

Got in total 13 shirts by them and two pairs of selvedge denim - very pleased with all the products. The first shirt is so off in the sleeves (too blousy) to the fact that I don't use it, but hey, that's one of the risks with MTM, and especially online MTM.

Last edited:

RayRay

Reaction score

I ordered pants and two shirts on October 10th, and they shipped today.
I am surprised they made it that fast, last order took 5 weeks.

Interesting. I only put an order for some chinos (the copper one) as this'll be my test pair and will see how this one goes before making a bigger order

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the word for the fabric that goes inside the bottom back of the leg opening that is meant to prevent the fabric from wearing out?

cappedncollared

Reaction score

My luxire dress shirts are predominantly unfused and unlined. I find they are great with a tie and jacket for daily wear. If you use the collar stays I think this is fine 99% of the time.

For more formal occasions, I have a lustrous fine white with collar construction requested as "lightly fused with soft interlining". I understand this is their softest collar that is still fused. It's definitely a sharper looking collar.

Last edited:

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but this jacket kicks ass and takes names. I'd love to know more about it.

IMG_1045.JPG

table21

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the flannels on luxire. I am interested in getting a pair of light grey flannel pants, however I am not sure which I should go with; dugdale, minnus or just the reg light grey flannel.

I will be using these for winter in Toronto so I was hoping to get some cold weather pants made up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads