• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

cappedncollared

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good plain light / pale / ice blue twill that they could recommend as a workhorse shirt for suits and odd jacket wear?

Climate is pretty warm (>25c 9 months a year) so something relatively light weight would be ideal.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That ticket pocket looks oddly high on this jacket... other than that, pretty decent fit. Did you send in an existing jacket?

Thought I post a couple pictures of my chinos:

From left to right:

Cream Twill Chino, Light Tan Chino, Copper Chino, Bronze Twill Chino, and Navy Twill Chino (250gr/m²). The navy twill is very dark, I suggest ordering a swatch if you are unsure.

The first two are from previous orders and haven't been ironed yet after washing.

The fit with all five is near perfect. Even though the manufacturing quality is very high in all cases, there are some slight imperfections and differences between the five. On one hand I suggest specifying everything with your order on the other hand specify as little as possible to avoid confusion.

For instance I've requested both side metal adjusters and belt loops with the bronze twill chino and the latter was apparently overlooked. Or the rear pockets are suddenly with a loop, they look fantastic, so I don't mind.

In any case I'm highly satisfied and the value vastly outweighs any and all of my nit pickings.

Last edited:

joewmoss

Reaction score
A bunch of shots of my Luxire suit. Fabric is Dugdale Navy Herringbone (quite heavy), jacket and trousers both half lined. I'm not going to review it since I don't know anything about suits, other than to say I'm very happy. Next one, Minnis Fresco, will be on the way soon I hope.

This also came with a vest that I forgot to take photos of. Next time.

Finally man!!! Looks pretty good. Full canvass right?

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Please more details on the suit! What was the process? And lets see those buttonholes!

smoothmoose

Reaction score

I'm almost certain they'd be willing to make it in grey if you ask for it (along with moving the pockets a bit higher).
Peacoat looks good. And Grey is an option on their website as well as Navy, Camel, Grey plaid, and Brown. I will like to order an overcoat soon and I'm sure Luxire can accomodate with some tweaks to the peacoat design.

The price is good, though I would prefer to pay an additional $100 for wool/cashmere blend vs. a wool/nylon.

Xtra

Reaction score
Peacoat looks good. And Grey is an option on their website as well as Navy, Camel, Grey plaid, and Brown. I will like to order an overcoat soon and I'm sure Luxire can accomodate with some tweaks to the peacoat design.

The price is good, though I would prefer to pay an additional $100 for wool/cashmere blend vs. a wool/nylon.

Agree, the peacoat looks great, will probably order soon once I get the measurements down properly.

Thoughts on lining? A lot of different options there: "Lining: 90% wool flannel OR 100% Cotton Flannel OR 100% Cotton Printed Denim Chambray OR Bemberg"

smoothmoose

Reaction score

Agree, the peacoat looks great, will probably order soon once I get the measurements down properly.

Thoughts on lining? A lot of different options there: "[COLOR=554D32]Lining: 90% wool flannel OR 100% Cotton Flannel OR 100% Cotton Printed Denim Chambray OR Bemberg"[/COLOR]
Was thinking about the lining as well. I would think Bemberg is the preferred choice if you plan to wear a suit underneath. The silkiness of the bemberg would make it easy to slip in and out with a suit. Flannel lining on flannel suit might be a bit of a pain to get in and out of off and cause you suit to bunch. Though I would assume wool flannel lining will the warmest option and probably best bet here in Canada if not wearing with a suit.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was thinking about the lining as well. I would think Bemberg is the preferred choice if you plan to wear a suit underneath. The silkiness of the bemberg would make it easy to slip in and out with a suit. Flannel lining on flannel suit might be a bit of a pain to get in and out of off and cause you suit to bunch. Though I would assume wool flannel lining will the warmest option and probably best bet here in Canada if not wearing with a suit.

I read they said silk for the arms for added warmth. I'd think Flannel would be the warmest, but I'm not too confident with my measurement skills though..

chuckb

Reaction score
Can anyone who purchased the cheaper flannel for pants comment on the quality? I am not a fan of nylon, but don't want to jump out the window on my 1st purchase.
I'm actually wearing my pair of their $100 flannel pants today, so I can comment. They're pretty thick, and they feel great on my legs. In the hand they feel a little bit scratchier than other, more expensive flannels, but you don't wear them on your hands after all. I have had an issue with a couple of spots where there are almost runs in the fabric - I emailed luxire about it and they said they'd remake if it becomes more of an issue. So overall I'm happy, though the cloth issue gives me pause.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Quote:
I only choose the buttons. I leave the decision of choosing a tasteful lining entirely up to Luxire. I'm sure though if you wanted a specific lining they'd more than gladly let you choose from one of their shirt fabrics.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Clapey, did you specify the placement of the side adjusters on the bronze pair? Aren't they typically on the waistband or the waistband seam?

burghler

Reaction score
I read they said silk for the arms for added warmth. I'd think Flannel would be the warmest, but I'm not too confident with my measurement skills though..
Has Luxire posted specs yet? It looks like their standard options are the flannel/nylon mixes which are only 14-15 oz. That doesn't seem like it would be warm enough, considering Sterlingwear pea coats are 24oz and repros like Buzz Rickson are 36oz. I guess you could ask for the same flannel to be used in the lining to make the coat heavier and warmer, but I'm not sure.

Of course you could for an upcharge specify one of Dugdale's coating fabrics (I think they have a navy melton), but that may bring the price up to similarly available coats RTW. I think it's worth it but YMMV

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That ticket pocket looks oddly high on this jacket... other than that, pretty decent fit. Did you send in an existing jacket? Thought I post a couple pictures of my chinos: From left to right: Cream Twill Chino, Light Tan Chino, Copper Chino, Bronze Twill Chino, and Navy Twill Chino (250gr/m²). The navy twill is very dark, I suggest ordering a swatch if you are unsure. The first two are from previous orders and haven't been ironed yet after washing. The fit with all five is near perfect. Even though the manufacturing quality is very high in all cases, there are some slight imperfections and differences between the five. On one hand I suggest specifying everything with your order on the other hand specify as little as possible to avoid confusion. For instance I've requested both side metal adjusters and belt loops with the bronze twill chino and the latter was apparently overlooked. Or the rear pockets are suddenly with a loop, they look fantastic, so I don't mind. In any case I'm highly satisfied and the value vastly outweighs any and all of my nit pickings.
The first 3 pants on the left, are those DAKS adjusters?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads