• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

emptym

Reaction score
True! So given the three sets of options, maybe I should get nine shirts.
smile.gif

Ah, thanks. By "spread" I think I mean what you mean by "semi-spread." Actually, my spread collar would be be a bit less cutaway than yours, although, again, yours looks great.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cruz, Did you make any adjustments from the normal dress shirt pattern?

Not many. I tightened up the sleeve hole and bicep to match an existing well-fitting polo because I like the arms a little more fitted. And of course the total length is shorter. Just about everything else I kept the same.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We are now offering the canvas measurement sampler with peacoats and overcoats as well for $75

aidanc

Reaction score
We are now offering the canvas measurement sampler with peacoats and overcoats as well for $75

What would the cost on a jacket just like the one above run currently (the same image is featured in both "peacoat" and "overcoat" sections on the website) ?

freehand

Reaction score

Polo Shirt Appreciation Incoming.

On July 30 I ordered a custom long-sleeved polo in the Sky Blue Pique [$99] and 6 days later it arrived Chez Cruz Azul. I wanted a dramatic self-collar so I had a lot of specific instructions, ex:

Code:
I'd like a 4-button reinforced placket that is 9" long. Please build the collar like a dress shirt collar with a stiff reinforced collarband but a completely soft unfused collar. Collar back height 1.5", collar point length 3.5".

Of course they executed all of my specific instructions perfectly, but what I really appreciate is that my instructions also included really general things like "square hem" and "a small notch at the side seams" and the correct judgments were made to interpret it.

I couldn't find anything like this on the market and was pretty damn happy to get it fully bespoke for $99. For my purposes, it is the best long-sleeved polo in the world right now and I put it up against things like my Sunspel long-sleeved polo -- which at twice the price was still not there (vestigial chest pocket, too-small collar, etc).

Bonus content: Luxire white cotton trousers made for me last summer, lightly lined for opacity and coolness:

This is great. Would you be willing to provide the order number so that I can try out a polo shirt with the same construction? Many thanks.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, a general update on the Sashiko jacket. I've washed the jacket several times it in scaldingly hot water. This has caused the whole jacket to shrink, which means the shoulders fit much better now, as the measurement has decreased by about .5-.75". The difference in fit is very noticeable, which means I was right about the across back measurement being too big.

The sleeves are a bit shorter now, as is the length of the jacket, but it's still within the acceptable range. It's also a bit tighter in general, but still fits. I've reshaped the lapels, which means the collar fits a bit better. The collar, although having shrunk as well, is still too big, so that's something I'll ask a tailor to take in.

Overall, I'm much happier about the jacket, and I will post updated fit pics when it has been altered.

JIMB

Reaction score

Luxire is capable of making a jacket with natural shoulders. This is after fixing a problem with the right shoulder/sleevehead, though. It's not perfect but close enough. I do think this is one area on their jackets where they can improve their consistency.
Jacket looks nice overall, but I'm not sure I understand your two statements there. I agree the right sleeve head still looks slightly roped, so why do you believe luxire is capable of natural shoulders? I'm also happy to see luxire improving, listening, and responding to feedback. Thanks!

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jacket looks nice overall, but I'm not sure I understand your two statements there. I agree the right sleeve head still looks slightly roped, so why do you believe luxire is capable of natural shoulders?

I'm also happy to see luxire improving, listening, and responding to feedback. Thanks!

I'm not a tailor so I may not be using the correct terms. I don't believe that I wrote that there is a difference in the shoulder roping, so I'm not sure what you're agreeing with. There isn't a difference in roping-as far as I can tell the shoulder structure is the same. However on the right there is just a little more fabric at the top of the sleevehead than on the left, so it has a tendency to rise just a bit over the seam. If I tug on the right sleeve a bit, it goes away. It's really not something I think you'd notice unless you're looking for it, IMO.
Thanks for looking and commenting!

Last edited:

Usonian

Reaction score
So re: getting the dark indigo denim chambray washed to a lighter wash, do I just go to additional service, add 20, and indicate that it's for the denim being washed? Cause I'm about to pull the trigger on that.

Bakkerrr

Reaction score

So re: getting the dark indigo denim chambray washed to a lighter wash, do I just go to additional service, add 20, and indicate that it's for the denim being washed? Cause I'm about to pull the trigger on that.

Add 20 additional and add a picture of the exact color you want, no surprises.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick pic en route to Sunday brunch: my Luxire trousers in VBC blue-black POW are becoming my go-to pant for nicer casual events.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics