• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctp120

Reaction score

Spoo, I think that may be the best fitting SC I've seen you in.

+1. Collar and balance are better than usual, and the waist suppression is much more natural. I still would like to see fuller sleeves. Sleeves look short too.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

+1. Collar and balance are better than usual, and the waist suppression is much more natural. I still would like to see fuller sleeves. Sleeves look short too.

Thanks for commenting, I was going to poll the field again.

As I said, zero alterations. Holdfast read my mind and I was thinking of tapering the waist more... is everyone in agreeance that this is not a good move? Sleeves could manage another 1/2" down, yeah.

Also, its pretty much my first 3/2 SC ever. Its taking some getting used to. Sorry for all the questions, but I was totally not expecting you all to say it fit better than any others I have.

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As I said, zero alterations. Holdfast read my mind and I was thinking of tapering the waist more... is everyone in agreeance that this is not a good move? Sleeves could manage another 1/2" down, yeah.
Also, its pretty much my first 3/2 SC ever. Its taking some getting used to. Sorry for all the questions, but I was totally not expecting you all to say it fit better than any others I have.

I believe it could use a touch more suppression but nothing extreme. Probably halfway between what it is now and your usual jackets. Then again, I prefer a more snug look, just my 2 cents.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd take in the waist a good amount. Do it while you still can before you get fat :slayer: at least that's how I play it. And, like you mentioned, the sleeves. I realize a 3 roll 2 with a natural shoulder is rare for you and it's good to mix it up, but the roped shoulders are better for you.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rps20120202_200847_599.jpg

BB milano
almost bought this tonight ... only if there was a little bit more of a sale on it than just 40% off

Vaux_le_Vicomte

Reaction score

Nice combination, Vaux. What is the fabric used?

Wouldn't be surprised if this was a full suit; very nice either way.
Also, this looks like just the fabric I'd want for a tweed SC - who makes it/what is it?

The fabric is a classic Harris Tweed, if i remember exactly from a Harrisons Bunch and it*s only a SC not a suit. Made by one of my usual tailor - De Togni in Verona.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe it could use a touch more suppression but nothing extreme. Probably halfway between what it is now and your usual jackets. Then again, I prefer a more snug look, just my 2 cents.

I'd take in the waist a good amount. Do it while you still can before you get fat :slayer: at least that's how I play it. And, like you mentioned, the sleeves. I realize a 3 roll 2 with a natural shoulder is rare for you and it's good to mix it up, but the roped shoulders are better for you.

I concur. The sharply suppressed waist is a large part of what makes Spoo, Spoo. Nothing wrong with it otherwise, as long as you want to look like the rest of us. :eh:

OTOH, I greatly enjoyed the choice of user applied fasteners.

Last edited:

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rps20120202_200847_599.jpg

BB milano
almost bought this tonight ... only if there was a little bit more of a sale on it than just 40% off

Buy the suit, Romeo. That looks like a really good initial fit. Also, I find that once BB sales get around 40% that usually means they're down to the last few pieces in each size.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - BB
PS - Alain Figaret
Cufflinks - a craft fair in the Parque des Recoletas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Shoes - To Boot
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Scala

IMGP1654481x1280.jpg

IMGP1653486x1280.jpg

IMGP1655659x1280.jpg

IMGP1650990x1280.jpg

IMGP1651851x1280.jpg

ourmaninLisbon

Reaction score
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - BB
PS - Alain Figaret
Cufflinks - a craft fair in the Parque des Recoletas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Shoes - To Boot
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Scala
IMGP1654481x1280.jpg

Like the all the look, but above all I love that overcoat UC. It's great
Cheers
Vic

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is lovely. The echo of the blue from the coat in the shirt, the Paisley pocket square (more blue!) that provides a statement unto itself, the tie that doesn't seem to go with this coat but does, and the eye-catching, bright orange sweater make for an interesting and thoughtful ensemble. The details in this really work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics