• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of Smiths contrast stitching - still a little torn as to whether I should have gone with these or the deadstock, but the I think the stitching won out.

I'm hoping the waist (32) will be right for me and I'll know right away as I will also want to cold wash & hang them straight away to shrink the inseam (I normally wear a 31ish inseam). I'm just a little apprehensive about guessing the waist and thigh fit stretch/shrink before I wash and void any returns. If they are within a half inch of fitting in the waist and they are good in the thigh I should be ok, right?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
um you should have got your actual size. they are cut tts.. maybe a little bigger than tts.

The smallest inseam option is 34"
confused.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
I just ordered a pair of Smiths contrast stitching - still a little torn as to whether I should have gone with these or the deadstock, but the I think the stitching won out.

I'm hoping the waist (32) will be right for me and I'll know right away as I will also want to cold wash & hang them straight away to shrink the inseam (I normally wear a 31ish inseam). I'm just a little apprehensive about guessing the waist and thigh fit stretch/shrink before I wash and void any returns. If they are within a half inch of fitting in the waist and they are good in the thigh I should be ok, right?

Thanks for your order! Yes, you can absolutely order the waist true to size. If you typically take a sli 32, then these should be right on. The 34" inseam will look really long, but it's going to shrink to 32.5" after your first wash. Even though that's longer than usual on you, it's probably going to look right on with a tiny bit of stacking at the heel. I don't think that you'll need to get them hemmed.

shasta

Reaction score
Just want to give Mike a tip of the hat for all the help with getting me set up with my Hoyt's. Mike went out of his way to let me try several sizes and inseams out and never steered me wrong. That's the world class Epaulet service that you're going to be rewarded with for working with Mike.

Like you said Mike - Just put some wear into them and they'll stretch right back out - albeit not a ton. I was really nervous that I'd ruined these in the wash with all the shrinkage I got, but the end result is pretty bad ass!

sle-z-e

Reaction score
One of the better things about these jeans is that there was no pre-manufacturing hype, construction flaws, and internet drama surrounding them (read: FARINELLI'S). Hail Epaulet! Thanks Mike for not swearing at your customers. Little details...

Johnny5

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sle-z-e
One of the better things about these jeans is that there was no pre-manufacturing hype, construction flaws, and internet drama surrounding them (read: FARINELLI'S). Hail Epaulet! Thanks Mike for not swearing at your customers. Little details...

Stop being an ass and press on the low point in another individual's career. Uncalled for.

sle-z-e

Reaction score
Meh. That stuff really gets old and is unprofessional. Mine wasn't exactly a classy statement either but i'm sure most people agree with me.

The point is, Epaulet is legit.

thebarsmydestination

Reaction score
Snuck into the Epaulet store just before closing to try on a pair of Smiths. I would second the notion that the denim is amazing and the the construction super-solid but that would be like throwing firewood at the Hindenburg.

I'm really into a pair. Are you guys ever planning on doing a slimmer fit? I don't have heroin-chic legs but I still find the New Standard and similar styles a little boxy, especially with any kind of break.

Of course, given how awesome it is to find US denim made by a bunch of dudes who run a store down the street from me at that price, I might just grab a pair anyways.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Are you still expecting to get the Hoyts in a 36 long or did I miss the shipment? I noticed you have some Smith's available in them, but the Hoyts are still 35" inseams.

Just bumping this thread to see if there are any plans to get the Hoyts in stock in a 36" inseam. I would love to try a par, but have been holding out for this.
smile.gif

richmaguni

Reaction score
The construction seems generally good, but one problem I've been having with mine is that the belt loops keep popping open. I've never had this happen with other jeans or pants.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by richmaguni
The construction seems generally good, but one problem I've been having with mine is that the belt loops keep popping open. I've never had this happen with other jeans or pants.

My only construction gripe is that the button holes seem to be fraying very quickly. That and a fair bit of pilling in the denim after the first wash (which is probably really from loose threads).

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Just bumping this thread to see if there are any plans to get the Hoyts in stock in a 36" inseam. I would love to try a par, but have been holding out for this.
smile.gif

I would like this, or even longer maybe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads