• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wade

Reaction score
When was applications out for summer interns? Would be a dream to intern at a chill place like Epaulet

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the 8oz chinos. They're fantastic. Still too thick for 100f weather but these babies are mine. In the wash, getting shrunk, then to the tailor for tomorrow to shorten - not a fan of the roll look.

How does everyone dry theirs? There's no room for shrinkage in the waist area, which I heard won't happen. The directions say tumble.. can I put it in like any other pair of pants, warm?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBH, I hang dry all of my RCs, after the initial wash and light tumble dry to take out all shrinkage.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I washed/dried the 8oz pants.

I no longer have to take them to the tailor.. they shrunk to what I wanted, to the CENTIMETER. Hilarious.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TBH, I hang dry all of my RCs, after the initial wash and light tumble dry to take out all shrinkage.

I dry cleaned all of my jeans, chinos, and trousers because of this. A couple of years ago my $300 Paul Smith pants shrunk an inch in the waist rendering it useless so ever since then it's been dry cleaning for me. Plus I really suck at ironing pants, although I'm great with the shirts.

Digi camo shorts today:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sizing up to 34's to account for a little shrinkage in the waist. Then I'm drying the hell out of them... they fit perfect for me. Lucky I guess. I wonder what the shrinkage difference is on the 7oz and 10oz compared to these 8oz.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm reading about shrinkage in these posts, should I size up for this brand when I order?

To be fair, EP doesn't shrink markedly anyways. I've just always done it so that I can later tailor them as needs be and not worry.

I wouldn't necessarily size up for shrinkage's sake. In pants, I will always determine my size based on thigh measurement though.

Examine the size charts. Compare to good fitting pants you own. Do not plan on squeezing into something; allow yourself a measured amount of room for fit's sake. Some denim people seem to measure their body, add .25 and then buy their jeans. They inevitably find their jeans too tight.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, EP doesn't shrink markedly anyways.
Definitely. I agree, they never said to not account for it.

I think I found the only place I want to go for chinos though. I mean, crap... I shrink them and they fit like a pair of MTM chinos. Can't ask for more than that.

But really, does anyone know if the other weights will shrink more or less?

Last edited:

frivmo

Reaction score
Another day, another wallet purge!

Picked up the chocolate ripstop rivet chinos this afternoon and the could hardly be more perfect. They're my first pair of rivets (usually a Walt guy) and I'm thrilled. Also grabbed the short sleeve sky blue chambray because I'm obsessed with the long-sleeve version (almost did the same with the lavender Oxford but resisted for now).

Everything. Is. Just. So. Good.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ooops - meant to post this here but started a new thread by accident....

Hey guys,

This next Friday we're going to announce our sale of the season: which is mostly discontinued fabrics and last pieces of past styles. We're rolling out the sale prices as we speak, and I want you guys to have first crack at everything. Here's the link:

EPAULET ODDS N' ENDS SALE

Please note that all discounted items are final sale and we'll be happy to answer any questions or help you find your size before you purchase.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads