• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

John Grady Cole

Reaction score
Stopped by orchard st to order a pair of chinos from Matt and tried on a pair of the Smith jeans while I was there. They're really nice. Epaulet usually has pretty good pictures for a guy with a dslr on the sidewalk but the Smith jeans come off as a bit "daddish" on the website IMO and don't look that way in real life at all. Definitely planning to pick up a pair later in the summer.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Just ordered that new maize madras with the quickness. Epaulet just knows how to steal money

No kidding! I can't seem to stop my money from heading toward Epaulet. Ordered the Tobacco LBM jacket today. I went with the same size as my Epaulet jacket size. Hopefully it will fit well with no or minimal tailoring required.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ruby shell, burgundy hop sack, and the red in the tie really work for me. I like this.
I love this. Hands-down one of the best fits ever posted on this thread
+1. There's hot, and then there's super muggy Southeast hot...
You should also check out the Ripstop. It's lighter than the 7 oz duck, but even more durable and breathable. We actually ran this as opposed to more lightweight duck canvas because of these two factors. They're some of the most hard-wearing pants we have done yet.
+1 to leftofthedial If anyone's looking for a fantastic warm-weather pant, check out the ripstop fabrics that we have (grey, olive, chocolate, woodland digi, desert digi). It's a challenge to offer a true lightweight fabric in a pant, because your legs and hips put a lot of pressure on a garment. The ripstop comes in at 6.5oz, but has reinforcement throughout the cloth, so that it's light and tough. It hang drys with basically no wrinkling as well. And as you wear it, the ground fabric will fade a bit, making the ripstop look more pronounced in a very cool way over time.
I dare anyone to name a shop that sells high quality merchandise at a fair price, and also takes these kinds of suggestions to heart and actually makes changes to their business model in order to satisfy their customers. I feel like anything I've ever wondered and thought about that could make Epaulet even more awesome, they actually implemented into their offerings. :)
It's our pleasure - and huge thanks to everyone who sends us ideas and suggestions! Listening to our customers and making what they want is our first priority. Here in menswear retail, it's amazing how often that isn't the case. Epaulet will never be married to one specific "look," and we'll always work to provide the garments and shoes that our customers are looking for - as seen through our particular lens of fit, consistency, quality, and value. In this spirit, we're bringing out all sorts of new product categories and brands for the Fall. There's great stuff coming!
Can somebody recommend me a pair of cotton trouser for work? I already have a few wool trousers in various shades of grey and a pair of navy trouser. I want something that is washable and can be worn at work. The environment is business casual.

Does higher quality cotton trouser drape better so that it looks more formal?
Sure thing. I'd recommend the Walt over the Rivet Chino, as the Walt has a more formal waistband and sits higher. It makes an excellent biz-caz trouser. These three are my favorites:
Slim Walt Trouser Olive Sanded UK Canvas: $175
Slim Walt Caramel Duck Canvas: $165
Slim Walt Regiment Twill Trouser Khaki: $135
FF Walts in Taupe Fleck
Whoa, I dig those shoes!
How light are the Luchino Polos? I have a couple of Rivieras that I picked up for a song, but at full price I would prefer to spend a touch more for Epaulet. I live in STL, so I REALLY need the lightest SS polo available for July-August. thanks!
They are really light. I can honestly say that they are the lightest, most breathable polos that I've ever owned - and this is coming from someone who is a world-class polo shirt enthusiast. When we designed the Luchino, I had the Sunspel Riviera in mind. I wanted to make offer a European-made version (Rivieras are made in Turkey) with a bit more attitude and a higher quality pique. The mercerized cotton that we use is equally open and breathable, but it is not sheer in any way - which can happen to the Riviera in certain lighting. I think that you'll really dig it.
Stumbled across this forum and the thread. Just got my Walt burgundy hopsack pants. Man, these are slick, fit great, true to size, and well made. Thanks to Epaulet.
Thank you sir! Man, I wish that I could get more of that cloth - it's one of the best that we've ever had here. I have one more small restock coming in about 2 weeks - same as with the Nori tropical.
Are the epaulet Walt trousers formal enough to wear to suit and tie workplace? Or for business casual? Was thinking about buying 3-4 pairs.
Absolutely. Our wool pants (super 120s, hopsack, merino, tropical) are proper dress trousers that can be worn in any formal setting.
Stopped by orchard st to order a pair of chinos from Matt and tried on a pair of the Smith jeans while I was there. They're really nice. Epaulet usually has pretty good pictures for a guy with a dslr on the sidewalk but the Smith jeans come off as a bit "daddish" on the website IMO and don't look that way in real life at all. Definitely planning to pick up a pair later in the summer.
Thanks for stopping by, and I appreciate the note! The Smith Canvas jeans have been selling really well so far, which is great. I knew that offering a jean in canvas was a bit off-kilter and a lot of guys aren't sure how to wear them. They're a great alternative to denim, and the shape is really spot on for them. It's been exciting to see - and we're going to expand into some more colors and select thicker fabrics for the Fall. We should have the Cone Selvedge Smith Jean in about 6 weeks too.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the epaulet Walt trousers formal enough to wear to suit and tie workplace? Or for business casual?

Was thinking about buying 3-4 pairs.

Also is there a buying in bulk discount?
1f60a.png

I often wear them to work. They're as formal as pants can be. Exceptional for business casual.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
L.B.M 1911 Jackets

These are great! The Tobacco Jacket is really cool - we received five of them yesterday and we've got two left. Pretty rare color for L.B.M. to offer:

L.B.M. 1911 3/2 Roll Tobacco Cotton Sportcoat: $595

And the Cotton Pique is a great all-season piece with a very cool texture...

L.B.M. 1911 Pique Cotton Sportcoat: $595

We also received a full restock of the Grey sportcoat, our best-selling color for the season. This is really ace with jeans. If you take a US36, then don't wait too long - there's just one unit left, and LBM doesn't typically stock that size in the USA.

L.B.M. 1911 Single Breasted Grey: $595

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

L.B.M 1911 Jackets

These are great! The Tobacco Jacket is really cool - we received five of them yesterday and we've got two left. Pretty rare color for L.B.M. to offer:

L.B.M. 1911 3/2 Roll Tobacco Cotton Sportcoat: $595

And the Cotton Pique is a great all-season piece with a very cool texture...

L.B.M. 1911 Pique Cotton Sportcoat: $595

We also received a full restock of the Grey sportcoat, our best-selling color for the season. This is really ace with jeans. If you take a US36, then don't wait too long - there's just one unit left, and LBM doesn't typically stock that size in the USA.

L.B.M. 1911 Single Breasted Grey: $595

No 36 right? That way I dont feel too bad.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Plenty of people have 20-30 pairs and pretty sure they don't get one

Yep. Great values as is. You snooze you lose is the motto for me.

These are sweet, wish mine were this color.  Does anyone know if this is the new color or the old color of french blue 10oz?

The first run that sold out instantly.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Mike put up most of the new items for the week, but I wanted to tell you guys about these.

If you haven't seen them, the Rivet Chino in Cone Mills selvedge denim has finally come to life!

Epaulet Rivet Chino Cone Mills Selvedge Denim - $175

As some of you know, we've been working on this project for quite some time. I believe it was a year ago when we cleared out all of our remaining Smith selvedge denim. Mike can attest to the fact that the denim we had used was never up to the challenge that we place on fabrics. It left us jonesing for something that we would be happier to put our name on.

Though we attempted to work with Cone, it didn't come to fruition until a few months ago. While going through various swatches and trying to find something that was in line with the rest of our collection, we stumbled onto this and, in our opinion, the results are damn near perfect.

The denim is from the legendary White Oak plant in North Carolina. It has a wonderful feel to it, a deep indigo color and is a great year-round weight. It's also sanforized, so it has the consistency that we strive for. And, of course, it's in our most popular shape, the Rivet Chino!

As for fading, it will perform very similar to the denim on newer model (47-forward) LVC jeans. I always seem to come back to LVC no matter what insane Japanese denim I've bought and worn. I'm highly convinced you guys will dig this as much as we do!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

New Epaulet Shirts

Everyone say hi to "streetlight" our esteemed Summer intern and new fit model! For reference, he takes a 36R in our sportcoats and a Small in our shirts

Yea, if I were an Epaulet intern in college, I'd have dropped out for fear of missing all the cool **** that would come in the fall...good luck Streetlight!

Madras shirts look great BTW, as do those pants which to be honest I've never noticed before someone pointed them out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads