• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Looks like second run of skoaktie boots are almost ready

That's our grain jumper I believe.

I realize now that it's not our boots, we have it on the Oscar and with a storm welt. I think those might be for Epaulet.
EDIT: They actually are our boots, just spoke to Betty. :) They have not made the final finish on the color though.

When is the ETA on the dark cognac jumpers through Skob?

Should be end of September or early October, the factory just opened up again.

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I realize now that it's not our boots, we have it on the Oscar and with a storm welt. I think those might be for Epaulet.
EDIT: They actually are our boots, just spoke to Betty. :) They have not made the final finish on the color though.
Should be end of September or early October, the factory just opened up again.

Hi Leaves,

Is there another group MTO that might be in the works for the same boot in dark cognac shell on Oscar last?

Thanks

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Those are going to look phenominal when they apply the burnishing...cannot wait to purchase a pair...

Just got a picture from Betty of the finished boot with burnishing. As you said, looks super nice! Sorry for the low quality pic, it's from Betty's phone. I hope we get this around mid-September. It's with a commando sole.

stmaier

Reaction score
Just got a picture from Betty of the finished boot with burnishing. As you said, looks super nice! Sorry for the low quality pic, it's from Betty's phone. I hope we get this around mid-September. It's with a commando sole.

Awesome...looks like a closed welt?...did not realize they could do that with the commando or york soles...

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
FALL PRE-ORDER

We've decided for a Navy Cordovan Chukka for our Fall Pre-Order Run.

This is a model I saw in the thread a while back and fell in love with. Navy Cordovan is just so rich in color.

• Carmina model 708 three eyelet Chukka
  • Navy Cordovan
  • Detroit last
  • Double Tomir Sole (rubber/leather combination sole) with storm welt
  • Red lining
  • 4320 SEK ex VAT, about $655 (5400 SEK inc. VAT)

This is what we're aiming for:

In order to participate in the Pre-order run we will require a 25% deposit. Sign-ups for the Carmina Fall 2013 pre-order run starts today and closes on September 8. Delivery will be around mid-November. Shoe trees optional at 640 ex VAT (800 inc. SWE VAT). Shipping 300 SEK - World Wide. Free shipping - Sweden, Denmark, Finland. EDIT: E-mail [email protected] for more info

Last edited:

toblov

Reaction score

Is it possible to preorder or is it a MTO boot?

Last edited:

zielschuss

Reaction score
FALL PRE-ORDER

We've decided for a Navy Cordovan Chukka for our Fall Pre-Order Run.

This is a model I saw in the thread a while back and fell in love with. Navy Cordovan is just so rich in color.
  • Carmina model 708 three eyelet Chukka
  • Navy Cordovan
  • Detroit last
  • Double Tomir Sole (rubber/leather combination sole) with storm welt
  • Red lining
  • 4320 SEK ex VAT, about $655 (5400 SEK inc. VAT)

This is what we're aiming for:

In order to participate in the Pre-order run we will require a 25% deposit. Sign-ups for the Carmina Fall 2013 pre-order run starts today and closes on September 8. Delivery will be around mid-November. Shoe trees optional at 640 ex VAT (800 inc. SWE VAT). Shipping 300 SEK - World Wide. Free shipping - Sweden, Denmark, Finland.

So nice. How does the Detroit last fit?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

emiristol

Reaction score
Just got my suede carmina loafers from the armoury --i would've gotten them elsewhere (as good as the armoury is, i don't think anyone can defend their prices) except no one else had my size. Pics will follow later.

They fit pretty well but I noticed that there's slight slippage at the heel when walking (they're fine when sitting/crossing legs)--is this merely a result of a stiff leather sole that will eventually go away, or should I be concerned?

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Armoury has some suede shoes I want but I'm not paying $750 to get them shipped here in the US. Might as well get an MTO for that.

Which loafers did you get?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads