• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aldenwear

Reaction score
I have seen people ask this in the past but (surprisingly) without much in the way of a clear answer:

Do people in the U.S. ordering Carmina from overseas wind up having to pay duties and/or extra fees? If so, what are we talking?

Thanks.
There has been a tremendous and comprehensive back and forth about this, and recently too. Please use the search function and you will find what there is to find.

I will summarize as best I can, but my knowledge is thoroughly second-hand: reading the same posts you can read, so my apologies if my summary is off. It appears to be hit and miss: when people order from Carmina, sometimes people are charged, sometimes not. There appears to be no predictability to what triggers duty charges except it seems that people say it happens when DHL ships. More than one retailer has said that if you order through a retailer, you pay the retailer what the retailer charges, and any duties are taken care of by the retailer.

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used search and found most responses were from Canadians. Did not find it "comprehensive" and hoped for more info. But thanks - the summary you gave is more informative than the posts I saw.

Last edited:

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Used search and found most responses were from Canadians. Did not find it "comprehensive" and hoped for more info. But thanks - the summary you gave is more informative than the posts I saw.

Duties on Importing leather shoes from Spain should be about 8.5% of purchase price (if they are assessed). The carrier may also charge a broker fee but this should be fairly nominal. Ordering from retailers around the world and shipping to the US can also result in duties. Not sure whether or not the retailers will reimburse for any duties charged....

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Widen your search. This question gets asked and answered over and over.
There's an entire thread in SW&D dedicated to customs and duty.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/328145/...ational-shipping-questions-and-stories-thread

All you need to know is that duty for shoes should be about 8.5%.
FedEx fees are about $25-30. UPS are similar. DHL are about $12.
Your likelihood of being assessed anything with USPS are slim.

Carmina ships DHL but there are reports they use FedEx too.
Farfetch ship DDP so no worries about additional costs.

Don't order lizard or python or crocodile.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have seen people ask this in the past but (surprisingly) without much in the way of a clear answer:

Do people in the U.S. ordering Carmina from overseas wind up having to pay duties and/or extra fees? If so, what are we talking?

Thanks.
depends on the courier. DHL/Fed Ex are the worst. Royal Mail/USPS are good

Fiddler

Reaction score
More than one retailer has said that if you order through a retailer, you pay the retailer what the retailer charges, and any duties are taken care of by the retailer.

I am not sure that is the case.

My experience: if ordering fm carmina direct there will alway be duty if it is applicable, as they go by the book and declare full value.

If ordering from a stockist, you request that they use USPS, Royal Mail etc and declare a lower value so as not to incur duties.

stmaier

Reaction score
- (Navy shell split toe boots +sole tba + soller last)

Please send me a PM or email me if you are interested. Thank you ;)

I believe we are at 5 interests for the above boot in Navy cordovan...I think people were leaning toward blind eyelets and hooks...if you are interested please let Steve know...would be great to get the order in this week to make a late fall delivery...

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I believe we are at 5 interests for the above boot in Navy cordovan...I think people were leaning toward blind eyelets and hooks...if you are interested please let Steve know...would be great to get the order in this week to make a late fall delivery...
I hope this is not the deal breaker for our 5 participants (I will be sending yall an PM shortly) But I was just told that the boots needs to retain the 5 eyelet ;(

Guys, any real world photos of people wearing the Wingtip Brogue (922) in Dark Brown? Such a beautiful shoe

Sorry its not the 'real world photo' but our 922 dark brown pictures taken out in the wild. ;)
Restock 5.5 - 12 uk due in September!

g-banger

Reaction score
Hah thanks for making my decision much harder. I'm still leaning towards the brown, as I'll be able to dress these down but the dark brown looks beautiful.

Decisions decisions

Update - just purchased the brown, the dark brown above is a little too formal for what i want to wear these with :(

Last edited:

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to cap off my shoe wardrobe here in the next year (thinking very wishfully) and that dark brown shortwing looks great.

I did a preliminary look and couldn't find a SF affiliate with that model in burgundy shell/calf. Any direction from the members?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm trying to cap off my shoe wardrobe here in the next year (thinking very wishfully) and that dark brown shortwing looks great.

I did a preliminary look and couldn't find a SF affiliate with that model in burgundy shell/calf. Any direction from the members?

PM LuisCF who works in the Paris store or email Betty at [email protected] to check generally.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
which last is closest to c&j 341 or g&g dg70 now?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solarpanel3000