or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 207

post #3091 of 9687

Going on Safari in South Africa in mid September. Seriously considering having several shirts made with side hip pockets for bullets and a waist cinch. Thoughts? I saw something earlier in the thread that looked very similar to what I am thinking and it looked damn good. 

post #3092 of 9687
has anybody ordered a polo? how is fabric, construction, collar, etc...??
post #3093 of 9687
Luxire-

Not sure if this has been asked/done before but would it be possible to do a scalloped hem like this:
post #3094 of 9687
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken P View Post

Luxire-

Not sure if this has been asked/done before but would it be possible to do a scalloped hem like this:


It is a standard on our vintage shirts. Can be done as desired.

post #3095 of 9687
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post


It is a standard on our vintage shirts. Can be done as desired.
Great, thank you! I'll be putting in an order this week.
post #3096 of 9687
If you don't mind me asking, what's the scalloped hem for? Is it just aesthetic?
post #3097 of 9687
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd13jd13 View Post

If you don't mind me asking, what's the scalloped hem for? Is it just aesthetic?
I'm not the most knowledgable on the subject but I like it for the aesthetic as I usually wear my shirts untucked. Looks a lot better than a straight hem or the normal dress shirt hem IMO.
post #3098 of 9687
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrensonMan View Post

Going on Safari in South Africa in mid September. Seriously considering having several shirts made with side hip pockets for bullets and a waist cinch. Thoughts? I saw something earlier in the thread that looked very similar to what I am thinking and it looked damn good. 


Not a bad call. I'm South African originally. They sell things like that there, but often you'd pay a premium at somewhere like Cape Union Mart. Something like the ripstop would actually be awesome, lots of little thorny bushes to rip clothes.

post #3099 of 9687

Here's the Sky Blue Oxford straight out of the box.

 

Colour was more muted than what I thought (but that could be due to monitor differences,) but actually works out well 'cause I enjoy this colour much more, definitely a staple for me.

 

As usual collar and fit are spot on, will be doing a multiple shirt order next time.

 

 

post #3100 of 9687
^ everything looks excellent on that shirt, nicely done. I'll be placing my first order this week as soon as I get a chance to measure one of my shirts, and I might make this one my first shirt, I really like that color as well, looks like the perfect light blue shade for an everyday shirt.
post #3101 of 9687
Is it ok if the seam of the shirt do not match up? Like the sleeve with the chest.
post #3102 of 9687

Shirt is arriving today, just received a phone call from Fedex to double check my adress. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #3103 of 9687
Quote:
Originally Posted by wqvong View Post

Is it ok if the seam of the shirt do not match up? Like the sleeve with the chest.

The seams of the sleeves of the shirts I have from Luxire are too rotated away (to the top) from the bottom of the armhole.
I thought it had something to do with the slimness of my sleeves not matching the armhole width, but I would be interested in an explanation of Luxire as well.

Also, still waiting for the shipping notification for one pair of chinos, one polo shirt and two OCBDs. patch[1].gif
post #3104 of 9687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Shirt is arriving today, just received a phone call from Fedex to double check my adress. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'm going insane here. Everyone is getting their shirts and I'm waiting for mine. They arrive on Wednesday. I'm putting another order in.... Wednesday. :-D

post #3105 of 9687
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

I'm going insane here. Everyone is getting their shirts and I'm waiting for mine. They arrive on Wednesday. I'm putting another order in.... Wednesday. :-D

 

Nice! I really want to see how the shirt turns out to order some trousers. Still need some help with the measurements cause well... right now  don't have a trouser that fit me well. confused.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread