What is your experience and comments on Luxire's standard button down collar pattern? I understand that this almost a subjective matter, though there seems to be an ideia of what makes a good button down collar, but your experience and comments would still be very useful for me. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:01 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 1:24 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 797post #11941 of 182968/7/14 at 7:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11942 of 182968/7/14 at 7:47pmpost #11943 of 182968/7/14 at 7:51pmpost #11944 of 182968/7/14 at 8:30pmpost #11945 of 182968/7/14 at 9:23pmQuote:
Below is a recent picture Luxire supplied of their standard button down collar. Luxire had been testing different fusing and interlining combinations for different materials but I cannot find the post. Was thinking oxford cloth was medium fusing, unlined? I would be curious the recommendation for a linen shirt, similar to Turner's hidden BD a while back.post #11946 of 182968/7/14 at 9:30pmPersonally I have found that oxfords don't need any lining at all for a nice roll, in the neckband or leaves. The cloth stands up just fine by itself. This is what Mercer does with theres too.
In a linen or other lightweight fabrics, some lining might be good if you want the collar to stand up a bit more. I don't have lining in my linen BDs either, though.post #11947 of 182968/7/14 at 10:29pmpost #11948 of 182968/7/14 at 11:44pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jko
@luxire, do you have olive ripstop material light enough for a shirt? And matching green buttons? I'm thinking of an overshirt.
Do have an olive ripstop but is rather heavy, about 12 Oz. Real military item. Will check if there is a lighter one we have. Will update if found.post #11949 of 182968/8/14 at 12:54amQuote:
Thanks anyway! Exactly for that purpose I bought those cloths. I don't have brown loafers now, only burgundy but they fit also I think. Brown are on my list :)Quote:Originally Posted by submatrix
I'm really a noob at this, so take whatever I say with several grains of salt:
Pants seem too long, especially the beige ones. Would need to see you wear proper shoes before can fully be judged. There is also wrinkling near the crotch area on both the front and back. I'm not sure how a tailor fixes this, but I'm pretty sure it can fit better as I've seen fits where it looks cleaner (I understand the linen contributes to the wrinkling).
The shirt seems to have sleeves that are too long and maybe too wide as well which causes the bunching near the elbow area. As you said the waist seems too narrow, especially compared to the bottom which causes it to look flared out. The shoulders might also be too wide, judging by where the yoke means the shoulder?
Yes, they're a bit too long and will be shortened. I hope the wrinkles will get better when I let the waist and hips a bit (only a little bit) wider.
Yes also the sleeves will be shortened the next time. Too wide at the linen, I'd say pretty good at the green striped. Yes the waist is too narrow. I'm quite unsure about the shoulder. I think they fit quite good at the green striped. I've ordered the same width at the blue. I have to measure how bit the shoulder width actually is.Quote:Originally Posted by DarkDestiny
I just realized there's no buttons on the trouser that are visible. Is it all clasps?
As far as the fit goes, I'll throw out that it seems that the front is a tad too tight all around the body and not just the waist. Are you using a different chest measurement for the blue shirt? That one it seems bigger (too big?), but if they're the same measurements I'm of the opinion that the fabric may just drape
O.o sorry can't remember atm. Will look it up later.
Too tight regarding the green striped shirt? I think it is good for me. No, I used the same chest measurement but I also realized, that the blue one is too big in this area. I have to measure exactly where they made the difference. I ordered the back 0.5" wider but this shouldn't effect the chest width so much.
Any hints where the crinkles under the armpits may come from? The other things I'm aware and will try to change them on my next order but for me it's unclear, where those crinkles come from.
Thanks!post #11950 of 182968/8/14 at 1:34ampost #11951 of 182968/8/14 at 1:38ampost #11952 of 182968/8/14 at 2:31amQuote:
Me wearing the standard BD:
BD (Click to show)post #11953 of 182968/8/14 at 2:58amThread StarterQuote:
Yes. It has been a challenging and educating process. We have a long way to go.
We do have a few perfectly wearable pairs of shoes which have been going through the grinds for the last couple of months.
We are still working on the finishing of the uppers, after which, we shall make and deliver the initial orders, hopefully.post #11954 of 182968/8/14 at 4:26amI wrote about this a while back but wanted to give an update.
I have two great shits that are in my business dress rotation that were copied from one of my good fitting shirts. The issue is both have been laundered a few times and have shrunk meaningfully. To put it in context, the sleeves are roughly 1/2" too short and the neck has become a bit snug. I have not had this problem with other shirts to this degree.
Anyone have the same experience?
SO I am wondering, is this a function of buying a $70 shirt vs something more expensive, or something else? Can I assume that the basics will shrink about the same with the same washing/laundering etc?
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Anyone with diet and exercise ideas for IBS Sufferers? 51 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 51 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 6 minutes ago
- › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing 10 minutes ago
- › The GQ Fit (I want it as tight as possible without cutting off... 12 minutes ago
- › ALDEN boots for sale! One pair Shell Cordovan and one Reverse... 12 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...