What is your experience and comments on Luxire's standard button down collar pattern? I understand that this almost a subjective matter, though there seems to be an ideia of what makes a good button down collar, but your experience and comments would still be very useful for me. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 5/2/16 at 7:35pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 797post #11941 of 225878/7/14 at 7:33pmpost #11942 of 225878/7/14 at 7:47pmpost #11943 of 225878/7/14 at 7:51pmpost #11944 of 225878/7/14 at 8:30pmpost #11945 of 225878/7/14 at 9:23pmQuote:
Below is a recent picture Luxire supplied of their standard button down collar. Luxire had been testing different fusing and interlining combinations for different materials but I cannot find the post. Was thinking oxford cloth was medium fusing, unlined? I would be curious the recommendation for a linen shirt, similar to Turner's hidden BD a while back.post #11946 of 225878/7/14 at 9:30pmPersonally I have found that oxfords don't need any lining at all for a nice roll, in the neckband or leaves. The cloth stands up just fine by itself. This is what Mercer does with theres too.
In a linen or other lightweight fabrics, some lining might be good if you want the collar to stand up a bit more. I don't have lining in my linen BDs either, though.post #11947 of 225878/7/14 at 10:29pmpost #11948 of 225878/7/14 at 11:44pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jko
@luxire, do you have olive ripstop material light enough for a shirt? And matching green buttons? I'm thinking of an overshirt.
Do have an olive ripstop but is rather heavy, about 12 Oz. Real military item. Will check if there is a lighter one we have. Will update if found.post #11949 of 225878/8/14 at 12:54amQuote:
Thanks anyway! Exactly for that purpose I bought those cloths. I don't have brown loafers now, only burgundy but they fit also I think. Brown are on my list :)Quote:Originally Posted by submatrix
I'm really a noob at this, so take whatever I say with several grains of salt:
Pants seem too long, especially the beige ones. Would need to see you wear proper shoes before can fully be judged. There is also wrinkling near the crotch area on both the front and back. I'm not sure how a tailor fixes this, but I'm pretty sure it can fit better as I've seen fits where it looks cleaner (I understand the linen contributes to the wrinkling).
The shirt seems to have sleeves that are too long and maybe too wide as well which causes the bunching near the elbow area. As you said the waist seems too narrow, especially compared to the bottom which causes it to look flared out. The shoulders might also be too wide, judging by where the yoke means the shoulder?
Yes, they're a bit too long and will be shortened. I hope the wrinkles will get better when I let the waist and hips a bit (only a little bit) wider.
Yes also the sleeves will be shortened the next time. Too wide at the linen, I'd say pretty good at the green striped. Yes the waist is too narrow. I'm quite unsure about the shoulder. I think they fit quite good at the green striped. I've ordered the same width at the blue. I have to measure how bit the shoulder width actually is.Quote:Originally Posted by DarkDestiny
I just realized there's no buttons on the trouser that are visible. Is it all clasps?
As far as the fit goes, I'll throw out that it seems that the front is a tad too tight all around the body and not just the waist. Are you using a different chest measurement for the blue shirt? That one it seems bigger (too big?), but if they're the same measurements I'm of the opinion that the fabric may just drape
O.o sorry can't remember atm. Will look it up later.
Too tight regarding the green striped shirt? I think it is good for me. No, I used the same chest measurement but I also realized, that the blue one is too big in this area. I have to measure exactly where they made the difference. I ordered the back 0.5" wider but this shouldn't effect the chest width so much.
Any hints where the crinkles under the armpits may come from? The other things I'm aware and will try to change them on my next order but for me it's unclear, where those crinkles come from.
Thanks!post #11950 of 225878/8/14 at 1:34ampost #11951 of 225878/8/14 at 1:38ampost #11952 of 225878/8/14 at 2:31amQuote:
Me wearing the standard BD:
BD (Click to show)post #11953 of 225878/8/14 at 2:58amThread StarterQuote:
Yes. It has been a challenging and educating process. We have a long way to go.
We do have a few perfectly wearable pairs of shoes which have been going through the grinds for the last couple of months.
We are still working on the finishing of the uppers, after which, we shall make and deliver the initial orders, hopefully.post #11954 of 225878/8/14 at 4:26amI wrote about this a while back but wanted to give an update.
I have two great shits that are in my business dress rotation that were copied from one of my good fitting shirts. The issue is both have been laundered a few times and have shrunk meaningfully. To put it in context, the sleeves are roughly 1/2" too short and the neck has become a bit snug. I have not had this problem with other shirts to this degree.
Anyone have the same experience?
SO I am wondering, is this a function of buying a $70 shirt vs something more expensive, or something else? Can I assume that the basics will shrink about the same with the same washing/laundering etc?
Any thoughts?post #11955 of 225878/8/14 at 4:37am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Need help for feedback - Watches design on Kickstarter 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 15 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 20 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts