What is your experience and comments on Luxire's standard button down collar pattern? I understand that this almost a subjective matter, though there seems to be an ideia of what makes a good button down collar, but your experience and comments would still be very useful for me. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBeach Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- brandBespoke Englandtagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Most common style mistakes Last post on 6/18/11 at 4:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Eidos Napoli Last post on Today at 2:53 am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 797
Below is a recent picture Luxire supplied of their standard button down collar. Luxire had been testing different fusing and interlining combinations for different materials but I cannot find the post. Was thinking oxford cloth was medium fusing, unlined? I would be curious the recommendation for a linen shirt, similar to Turner's hidden BD a while back.
Warning: Luxire Standard BD Collar (Click to show)
In a linen or other lightweight fabrics, some lining might be good if you want the collar to stand up a bit more. I don't have lining in my linen BDs either, though.
@luxire, do you have olive ripstop material light enough for a shirt? And matching green buttons? I'm thinking of an overshirt.
Do have an olive ripstop but is rather heavy, about 12 Oz. Real military item. Will check if there is a lighter one we have. Will update if found.
Thanks anyway! Exactly for that purpose I bought those cloths. I don't have brown loafers now, only burgundy but they fit also I think. Brown are on my list :)
I'm really a noob at this, so take whatever I say with several grains of salt:
Pants seem too long, especially the beige ones. Would need to see you wear proper shoes before can fully be judged. There is also wrinkling near the crotch area on both the front and back. I'm not sure how a tailor fixes this, but I'm pretty sure it can fit better as I've seen fits where it looks cleaner (I understand the linen contributes to the wrinkling).
The shirt seems to have sleeves that are too long and maybe too wide as well which causes the bunching near the elbow area. As you said the waist seems too narrow, especially compared to the bottom which causes it to look flared out. The shoulders might also be too wide, judging by where the yoke means the shoulder?
Yes, they're a bit too long and will be shortened. I hope the wrinkles will get better when I let the waist and hips a bit (only a little bit) wider.
Yes also the sleeves will be shortened the next time. Too wide at the linen, I'd say pretty good at the green striped. Yes the waist is too narrow. I'm quite unsure about the shoulder. I think they fit quite good at the green striped. I've ordered the same width at the blue. I have to measure how bit the shoulder width actually is.
I just realized there's no buttons on the trouser that are visible. Is it all clasps?
As far as the fit goes, I'll throw out that it seems that the front is a tad too tight all around the body and not just the waist. Are you using a different chest measurement for the blue shirt? That one it seems bigger (too big?), but if they're the same measurements I'm of the opinion that the fabric may just drape
O.o sorry can't remember atm. Will look it up later.
Too tight regarding the green striped shirt? I think it is good for me. No, I used the same chest measurement but I also realized, that the blue one is too big in this area. I have to measure exactly where they made the difference. I ordered the back 0.5" wider but this shouldn't effect the chest width so much.
Any hints where the crinkles under the armpits may come from? The other things I'm aware and will try to change them on my next order but for me it's unclear, where those crinkles come from.
Me wearing the standard BD:
BD (Click to show)
Yes. It has been a challenging and educating process. We have a long way to go.
We do have a few perfectly wearable pairs of shoes which have been going through the grinds for the last couple of months.
We are still working on the finishing of the uppers, after which, we shall make and deliver the initial orders, hopefully.
I have two great shits that are in my business dress rotation that were copied from one of my good fitting shirts. The issue is both have been laundered a few times and have shrunk meaningfully. To put it in context, the sleeves are roughly 1/2" too short and the neck has become a bit snug. I have not had this problem with other shirts to this degree.
Anyone have the same experience?
SO I am wondering, is this a function of buying a $70 shirt vs something more expensive, or something else? Can I assume that the basics will shrink about the same with the same washing/laundering etc?
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › FS: Cliff Roberts 10E 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Styleforum Meetup – Host Khaki’s of... 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)