• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC sales

mussel

Reaction score
Which FB has the most Oxxford selections? Do the Oxxford suits have side vents? Flat front or pleated pants? What models?

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
I paid a visit to the new FB in Columbia (Snowden River Pkwy, just off 175 at 95). Best looking FB I've been in...somewhat reminiscent of Century 21 on Long Island). They have a ton of stuff on clearance. I wasn't looking for clothing (I'm all about sportswear).

The best stuff was in smaller sizes (which I'm not). But I did come away with a perfect Borrelli T-shirt (short sleeve) for $20 bucks. To put in perspective, they also had the same exact shirt in long sleeve...their (pre-clearance) price was $169. It was on a rack of other "Vault" items that were about to be tagged for clearance...including several Malo sweaters. All very nice... all too small.

Dennis

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
Which FB has the most Oxxford selections? Do the Oxxford suits have side vents? Flat front or pleated pants? What models?
FB in Friendship Heights only had one Oxxford, but it was the nicest I've seen at any of the FB's (to my taste/size). As I said, they were adding more racks on Friday and adding for stock for Monday, so check tomorrow. Speaking only on the FB's in the city, I think the Conn Ave. store has the best men's store and they had two racks of Oxxfords, but none in 38 when I looked, this might change this week though too. As for FF or Pleats, it depends on the suit, I've seen both. FF's seem to be a more American style, so you'll likely find more of those.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For you montgomery county, MD residents, at the Nordstrom Rack in Gaithersburg, there's a EZegna Trofeo sportscoat mistakenly marked down to $250. Great looking coat. 52R.

emptym

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but there's a little shoe store on the NW corner of Wisconsin and O, Georgetown, that has a limited amount of Aldens. Shell for $400 and calf for $300. Possibly old stock. Sorry that I can't remember the name of the store, but it's right on that NW corner.

noVA99

Reaction score
I hit Off 5th Saks in Leesburg on Saturday...selection was ok, but for 42 and up no 40 longs. They do have several Corneliani tan suits in 42R and L. Some Hickeys floating around but not much else. They do have 2 pair of Incotex dress slacks in 34W but they wanted like $225 or $245 I think.....not worth it unless they have another 30% off sale....browsing through the other sizes, you will find an occasonal Hickey, Burberry, and a Corneliani here and there.

cruised by Nord Rack and Off 5th Saks in Potomc mills today. Nord Rack still has a decent selection of suits, lots of Hickeys floating around. They still have their "fresh off the truck" racks stacked with some Zegnas, Canalis, Hickeys, and Burberrys, but choices are getting a bit slimmer since last week when I went.

Off 5th had a nice selection as well, much better than the store in Leesburg, they had the Buy One Get One at 50% of sale going on through today but I didnt find anything to my fancy in my size but overall they do have a wider selection of some high end brands. Best bet would be to wait until they have another one of those email only coupon sales. I have yet to see a Zegna suit there (non Z-Zegna or the other Zegna fused stuff).

noVA99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
For you montgomery county, MD residents, at the Nordstrom Rack in Gaithersburg, there's a EZegna Trofeo sportscoat mistakenly marked down to $250. Great looking coat. 52R.

hows that Nord Rack store compare to the ones in VA? better selection?

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Potomac Mills Saks Off 5th is getting over a million in new stock on Wednesday.

noVA99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
The Potomac Mills Saks Off 5th is getting over a million in new stock on Wednesday.

when does the stuff hit the racks, on the day the truck actually shows up or the day after?

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noVA99

Never been to the VA one so not really sure. The MD one has Canalis, Zegnas, etc at decent prices, but nothing great - right now.

bobbers

Reaction score

Better shoe selection (AE, Santoni, Testoni, Ferrgamo) in Potomac Mills compared to Shady Grove. I picked up a pair of Testoni boots for $199 at PM over the weekend.

Suit/sportcoat selection is about the same, but it depends on when the stores receive shipments of the better stuff.

Tiberias

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but there's a little shoe store on the NW corner of Wisconsin and O, Georgetown, that has a limited amount of Aldens. Shell for $400 and calf for $300. Possibly old stock. Sorry that I can't remember the name of the store, but it's right on that NW corner.

It's call "Prince and Princess", or something like that. They have very limited selection, but old prices ($300 for calf and $400 for shell.) I made some inquiries about the prices, and my suspicion is that if they have it in stock you may be able to talk them into giving you the marked price, but if they don't you may end up paying catalog price as they'll have to order it.

And it's probably already been mentioned, but Sky Shoes is closing out all their Yanko line; not a whole lot left, but 30% off or so (didn't get there in time to find any in my size left, unfortunately.)

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when does the stuff hit the racks, on the day the truck actually shows up or the day after?

They gave me a flyer at checkout Monday that says it will hit the rack Wednesday.

As for Nord Rack in Potomac Mills, I didn't see anything that I wanted, but the girlfriend found Prada Pumps for $99. It's a sea of clothes that isn't organized at all so you really need to be ready to hunt there and it's easy to overlook things.

noVA99

Reaction score
95 south to Hoodbridge (lol), and 495 in Springfield were all fuckin' parking lots when I got out of work at about 4:30 today so I skipped going to this "Million dollar inventory" thing at Off 5th....anyone else go? may hit it on Thurs afterwork, definetly not Fri (ice storm all day).

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the Conn. Ave. Filene's Basement yesterday. The selection of new stuff from Marios, Pockets, Louis of Boston, and Mitchells of Westport is pretty good, but I've seen them get better at better prices. Lots of Borrelli shirts. A whole D&G rack. Very few Louis of Boston items. Almost no suits or blazers or outerwear. I picked up a Loro Piana thin-cashmere sweater in a great "burnt sienna" (dark orange/brick) color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads