1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Washington, DC sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Saks Final Cut begins this Thursday, July 13.

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and Neiman-Marcus Last Call begin this Friday, July 14.

2. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

C -

Thanks for the tip on Saks, I was wondering when their final markdown would start.

Both of the area NM stores started their pre-sale last Saturday. I didn't make it to Tyson's but the Mazza store had a decent selection of Kiton shirts in 16 & 16.5 - not much left in suits, unfortunately.

3. kronik

kronik Senior member

So who wants to be a trooper and check to see if any of the Barker Black or Bottega shoes are on sale at the Mazza Saks?

I'm going to the Galleria tonight on a little shopping trip with a couple friends.. too bad it's not tomorrow eh? [​IMG]

4. fatherseanfan

fatherseanfan Senior member

Thanks for these tips.

As of Monday night there was virtually nothing left in the Mazza Neimans. (Plus, as I previously posted, they have HORRIBLE service.)

5. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

I'm going to DC this weekend (planning on seeing A Scanner Darkly and then going to the denimbar to get APCs), is there anywhere I really should go?

6. Ambulance Chaser

I'm pretty sure the sale (50% off lowest price) will be limited to shoes that are currently 30% off. That includes some Bottegas, but no Barker Blacks. The construction of the Bottegas looked pretty flimsy to my amateur eye.
    Nordstrom in Pentagon City while you're at Denim Bar at Pentagon Row. Saks, Neiman-Marcus, Polo, Filene's Basement, Barney's Co-op, Brooks Brothers, and Loehmann's, all at the Friendship Heights metro station. If you have time, Relish in Georgetown.

7. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

I was just at the Mazza Saks and four of the custom-made Kiton suits (discussed in an earlier thread) were still there - two in a medium grey, a navy DB, and a navy chalk stripe DB. With the additional 50% off, all of the suits were $1,000.

One of the suits had a tag that said "Special D. Snyder 2-button suit" and the salesman confirmed the suits were made for Dan Snyder.

They are marked size 42R but they seemed very short (in both the jacket length and arms) and fuller in the body than a typical Kiton 42. I would say that a 44S would be a more accurate size.

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Westside, Circle Boutique near Dupont Circle is a tiny hole-in-the-wall (actually, a basement), but they carry small amounts of Rag & Bone, Steven Alan, and others. Probably nothing you wouldn't find at the Georgetown Barney's Co-op; but it's a nice local store.

9. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Not really a 'sale', but I was poking around @ the Filene's in Mazza and saw a decent # of Luciano Barbera ties for $60. I didn't get anything - a few nice wool ties and a few silk ties in fairly conservative (maybe too conservative for some...) patterns. Not a screaming deal, but worth knowing about if you'll be in the area and are in need of a few winter selections.

10. Borky

Borky Senior member

Anyone got a heads up on the sales coming up for this season? I hear something about a Barneys Coop sale, but I'm not sure when/what it involves.

11. kabert

kabert Senior member

Filene's Basement has received a Barney's shipment. I went to the normally lackluster National Press Filene's and found 3 or 4 racks of just-arrived (according to a clerk) Barney's clothes. If National Press got this much, I assume Conn. Ave. and Mazza got alot more.

I saw only a few suits, though one was a very nice Luciano Barbera size 38. Lots of Barney's label items. A nice Colombo coat; lots of Avon Celli shirts; some L.Barbera shirts, a few Borrellis; expensive jeans (Chip & Pepper, 7 for all mankind; etc.); some Incotex and Valentini slacks; etc. I noticed at least two mispriced shirts - -one Borrelli and one LBarbera shirt each priced alongside loads of Barney's label shirts at $39.95.

By the way, on the belt racks, I noticed they have lots of Robert Talbott belts priced at $39.95. I've got several and they're quite nice. $40 is a steal IMO.

Hopefully a Bergdorfs shipment will be coming soon....

12. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Filene's Basement has received a Barney's shipment. I went to the normally lackluster National Press Filene's and found 3 or 4 racks of just-arrived (according to a clerk) Barney's clothes. If National Press got this much, I assume Conn. Ave. and Mazza got alot more.

I saw only a few suits, though one was a very nice Luciano Barbera size 38. Lots of Barney's label items. A nice Colombo coat; lots of Avon Celli shirts; some L.Barbera shirts, a few Borrellis; expensive jeans (Chip & Pepper, 7 for all mankind; etc.); some Incotex and Valentini slacks; etc. I noticed at least two mispriced shirts - -one Borrelli and one LBarbera shirt each priced alongside loads of Barney's label shirts at $39.95.

By the way, on the belt racks, I noticed they have lots of Robert Talbott belts priced at $39.95. I've got several and they're quite nice. $40 is a steal IMO.

Hopefully a Bergdorfs shipment will be coming soon....

What about shoes?

13. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

I was in Conn Ave last night and they have quite a bit new stuff and still a fair number of Oxxfords. The shoes that I saw were nothing to write home about. Kenneth Cole and the like.

14. kabert

kabert Senior member

What about shoes?

sorry -- I didn't look to see if there were any shoes from Barneys.

15. Sartorially Challenged

Sartorially Challenged Senior member

Does anyone know when Filene's Basement will open at Tyson's Corner, by any chance?

16. DuncanM

DuncanM Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when Filene's Basement will open at Tyson's Corner, by any chance?

The sign in the window says it will open 4/5.

17. kronik

kronik Senior member

It's going to be a madhouse on opening day.

18. Ambulance Chaser

Thanks for the heads-up, kabert. I went to both the Connecticut Avenue and Mazza Gallerie locations last night. As expected, the selection at Connecticut Avenue is much better -- there were several racks of shirts, sweaters, jackets, and pants. For shirts, mostly Barney's label, but I saw some Battistoni, Etro, and one Kiton (size 17). For sweaters, mostly Co-op label, but I spotted a few Malos and Colombos as well. For jackets, a mixture of lower end (Barney's label, Hugo, Michael Kors, Hickey Freeman) and interesting designer and higher-end pieces (Turist, Jil Sander, Dries Van Noten, Martin Margiela, Issey Miyake, Bogioli). I didn't take a close look at the pants and there were no shoes.

It's probably worth a visit.

19. Virginia Dandy

Virginia Dandy Senior member

Where is the Tysons FB located? In one of the malls or elsewhere?

20. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

It is across from Tyson's Corner Center on Leesburg Pike, in the space where Best Buy used to be (there is also a Borders in the building).