1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Washington, DC sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Jul 12, 2006.

1. KJT

KJT Senior member

checked out the Mazza FB and boy, what a waste of time; i don't know why I bother going there.

Ditto, last weekend.

2. minhi

minhi Senior member

should've posted earlier in the week. i actually bought a ck collection suit at fb mazza last weekend that i'm quite happy with, would've preferred if it were on sale but i needed a fitted charcoal suit soon.

i also picked up a grey winter coat at barneys (one of the last few winter things on sale), it was 50% off but still a lot because it's barneys.

i found out that they are expecting a lot of the new late spring/summer stuff at the end of the month, i saw quite a few engineered garment pieces on the list.

went to leesburg last sat, off 5th was really weak (shoes, suit), denim more expensive then nordstrom rack. barneys outlet was weak for suits, mostly boss and barneys a few varvatos pieces on sale but not heavy discount. the only thing that saved this trip for me was the big sale at williams sonoma outlet (picked up a new wok, yes the clothes selection was this bad...)

3. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

generally, the Off 5th at Lessburg is awful for men's stuff, esp with shoes.

4. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

What about the Nord's Rack at Leesburg (or is it nearby)?

How was the tie selection at the Barney's? I have a beloved tie that I picked up there the only time I've been.

Out of curiosity does anyone know the quality of women's wear out there? I'll have to talk my wife into the long drive if I'm to go.

b

5. minhi

minhi Senior member

What about the Nord's Rack at Leesburg (or is it nearby)? How was the tie selection at the Barney's? I have a beloved tie that I picked up there the only time I've been. Out of curiosity does anyone know the quality of women's wear out there? I'll have to talk my wife into the long drive if I'm to go. b
    it's a decent sized selection and mostly it's women in there when i go. but the thing is i find better deals at the barneys coop in town when they do their sales 2-3 times a year then i do sifting through the stuff at the outlet at about the same price! there is a kate spade outlet out there too if that matters (and a coach one). they had a decent amount of ties (more then the coop store actually), but i don't know your taste. the nord-rack is actually in sterling, just off 28 near dulles town center

6. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

I hit the Rack in Sterling tonight....they aint got jack shit there, with regards to "new arrivals". Same old suits, sportjackets, dress pants, dress shirts, ties and shoes. The only new arrivals is in the casual wear, but it's the stuff I wouldn't be caught dead wearing in. If you are a 42 or higher, there is still a nice load of Zegna, Canali, and Hickey Freeman suits there.

so after seeing the Potomac Mills and Sterling stores, I say this 'new arrival' thing was for mostly the ladies clothing. Oh well...

for those that have Bloomies charge cards, they sent out the details on their sale at the end of the month...something like March 28 to the 31...30% off if you buy any suit over $1000....I forget what the discount was for sportjackets....I didnt pay any mind to the other discounts for casual wear, dress shirts or ties and don't have the card they sent with me at this moment, but FYI.....

7. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

anyone know if Nord Rack has any type of 'sale' besides the red 30% off stickers they tack onto suits or sportjackets? Since Off 5th has their 30% or 20% sales usually every 3 weeks or so, I'm wondering if Nord Rack has something similar.....

8. WestIndianArchie

WestIndianArchie Senior member

42 and up?
    How much are the Zeg, Canali, and HF suits going for?

9. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

question - does anyone know of a discount retailer in the area that sells RLPL suits/sportcoats? Seems like every TJMaxx in the area does not sell suits/sportscoats and I have never seen an RLPL at a marshalls yet.

10. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

question - does anyone know of a discount retailer in the area that sells RLPL suits/sportcoats? Seems like every TJMaxx in the area does not sell suits/sportscoats and I have never seen an RLPL at a marshalls yet.

Have you been to the Polo Outlet in Leesburg?

11. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

I've seen a lot more RLPL at Marshalls than I have at any of the local Polo outlets. The Marshalls at Pentagon City and Tysons Corner have both carried RLPL suits and coats.

12. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Have you been to the Polo Outlet in Leesburg?

yeah, slim pickings for RLPL suits. In fact, I never see them there. The only RLPL stuff I see would be an odd shirt or an odd pair of trousers.

13. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

yeah, slim pickings for RLPL suits. In fact, I never see them there. The only RLPL stuff I see would be an odd shirt or an odd pair of trousers.

Yeah, they had a whole bunch of RLPL cashmere sweaters recently... and I do see the odd RLPL pieces, but never really any RLPL suits...

14. WestIndianArchie

Went to FB @ Mazza (and Loehmann's - had some CK shirts that you can find @ Macy's and TJ Maxx) last week.

Zegna Suits - 599.

Didn't see much else in my size (42L)

Valentino Shirts - 80
    Missioni Shirts - 60
    Romeo Gigli - 50

No ties of interest.

Saw my Aldo shoes with a different label, for 60 bucks. (when i paid 99 [​IMG] )

Anyone been to that Church's Shoes on 19th?

15. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Anyone been to that Church's Shoes on 19th?

I've been in and tried on two pair. One I loved the look of, but hated the fit of the last. And it didn't come in any other last. They had a sale on I think. The prices didn't seem horrible, but I'm no shoe expert.

Then I tried on a Cheany spectator that felt amazing. Too rich for my wallet though. Eventually found some AEs half off at Endless.

The salesman was very nice. Can't tell you much else. Sorry.

b

16. WestIndianArchie

I've been in and tried on two pair. One I loved the look of, but hated the fit of the last. And it didn't come in any other last. They had a sale on I think. The prices didn't seem horrible, but I'm no shoe expert.

Then I tried on a Cheany spectator that felt amazing. Too rich for my wallet though. Eventually found some AEs half off at Endless.

The salesman was very nice. Can't tell you much else. Sorry.

b

ball park on the prices

0-200
    2-400
    400+

The Church Shoes online are 199 Sterling, which is 400 US. And i'm not impressed @ 400.

200 though, I'll stop in.

17. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

ball park on the prices

0-200
    2-400
    400+

The Church Shoes online are 199 Sterling, which is 400 US. And i'm not impressed @ 400.

200 though, I'll stop in.

If you're asking, sorry, I just cannot remember. I do remember that I would have considered the Church's if they had fit well which means they absolutely had to be less than $400. But that was during a sale.

b

18. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

went to P-Mills this past week. Nord Rack didnt have much, same old selection in ties, dress shrits, and suits....nothing new. Shoe selection sucked.

Off 5th is having their designer sale. 20% off. Shoe sale is buy one get the 2nd for 50%. if I recall correctly They did replenish some of their suit stock, at least in my size (40) but its with low brand suits (lots of Hugo, Kors, etc). If you are a 42 or bigger, you can find a few Zegna and Canalis here and there. Tie selection was ok, lot of Versace still there. Dress shirt selection was ok if you like Hugo or Kors or Burberry. Shoe selection was ok, decent enough selection to warrant a look over but no power house brands there (Santoni, etc.) Saks house label makes some sweet looking shoes.

when are these places going to get some new stuff in, especially nord Rack??

19. WestIndianArchie

FB's are having their 25% of sale on suits. (per the email)

599 Zegna -> 475 with tax?

20. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

FB's are having their 25% of sale on suits. (per the email)

599 Zegna -> 475 with tax?

Zegna...as in the real deal or that fake crap, "Made with Zegna Cloth"??? or the other crap, Z Zegna???