1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Washington, DC sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Jul 12, 2006.

1. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

I hit Off 5th Saks in Leesburg on Saturday...selection was ok, but for 42 and up no 40 longs. They do have several Corneliani tan suits in 42R and L. Some Hickeys floating around but not much else. They do have 2 pair of Incotex dress slacks in 34W but they wanted like $225 or $245 I think.....not worth it unless they have another 30% off sale....browsing through the other sizes, you will find an occasonal Hickey, Burberry, and a Corneliani here and there.

cruised by Nord Rack and Off 5th Saks in Potomc mills today. Nord Rack still has a decent selection of suits, lots of Hickeys floating around. They still have their "fresh off the truck" racks stacked with some Zegnas, Canalis, Hickeys, and Burberrys, but choices are getting a bit slimmer since last week when I went.

Off 5th had a nice selection as well, much better than the store in Leesburg, they had the Buy One Get One at 50% of sale going on through today but I didnt find anything to my fancy in my size but overall they do have a wider selection of some high end brands. Best bet would be to wait until they have another one of those email only coupon sales. I have yet to see a Zegna suit there (non Z-Zegna or the other Zegna fused stuff).

2. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

For you montgomery county, MD residents, at the Nordstrom Rack in Gaithersburg, there's a EZegna Trofeo sportscoat mistakenly marked down to $250. Great looking coat. 52R.

hows that Nord Rack store compare to the ones in VA? better selection?

3. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    The Potomac Mills Saks Off 5th is getting over a million in new stock on Wednesday.

4. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

The Potomac Mills Saks Off 5th is getting over a million in new stock on Wednesday.

when does the stuff hit the racks, on the day the truck actually shows up or the day after?

5. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Never been to the VA one so not really sure. The MD one has Canalis, Zegnas, etc at decent prices, but nothing great - right now.

6. bobbers

bobbers Senior member

Better shoe selection (AE, Santoni, Testoni, Ferrgamo) in Potomac Mills compared to Shady Grove. I picked up a pair of Testoni boots for $199 at PM over the weekend.

Suit/sportcoat selection is about the same, but it depends on when the stores receive shipments of the better stuff.

7. Tiberias

Tiberias Active Member

I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but there's a little shoe store on the NW corner of Wisconsin and O, Georgetown, that has a limited amount of Aldens. Shell for $400 and calf for $300. Possibly old stock. Sorry that I can't remember the name of the store, but it's right on that NW corner.

It's call "Prince and Princess", or something like that. They have very limited selection, but old prices ($300 for calf and $400 for shell.) I made some inquiries about the prices, and my suspicion is that if they have it in stock you may be able to talk them into giving you the marked price, but if they don't you may end up paying catalog price as they'll have to order it.

And it's probably already been mentioned, but Sky Shoes is closing out all their Yanko line; not a whole lot left, but 30% off or so (didn't get there in time to find any in my size left, unfortunately.)

8. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

when does the stuff hit the racks, on the day the truck actually shows up or the day after?

They gave me a flyer at checkout Monday that says it will hit the rack Wednesday.

As for Nord Rack in Potomac Mills, I didn't see anything that I wanted, but the girlfriend found Prada Pumps for $99. It's a sea of clothes that isn't organized at all so you really need to be ready to hunt there and it's easy to overlook things.

9. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

95 south to Hoodbridge (lol), and 495 in Springfield were all fuckin' parking lots when I got out of work at about 4:30 today so I skipped going to this "Million dollar inventory" thing at Off 5th....anyone else go? may hit it on Thurs afterwork, definetly not Fri (ice storm all day).

10. kabert

kabert Senior member

I went to the Conn. Ave. Filene's Basement yesterday. The selection of new stuff from Marios, Pockets, Louis of Boston, and Mitchells of Westport is pretty good, but I've seen them get better at better prices. Lots of Borrelli shirts. A whole D&G rack. Very few Louis of Boston items. Almost no suits or blazers or outerwear. I picked up a Loro Piana thin-cashmere sweater in a great "burnt sienna" (dark orange/brick) color.

11. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Did they have much cashmere? I'll stop by tonight on my way home if they did.

b

I went to the Conn. Ave. Filene's Basement yesterday. The selection of new stuff from Marios, Pockets, Louis of Boston, and Mitchells of Westport is pretty good, but I've seen them get better at better prices. Lots of Borrelli shirts. A whole D&G rack. Very few Louis of Boston items. Almost no suits or blazers or outerwear. I picked up a Loro Piana thin-cashmere sweater in a great "burnt sienna" (dark orange/brick) color.

12. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

Stopped by Off 5th in Potomac today....they have their 30% clearance sale going on, on selected suits, sportsjackets, etc...only where you see the 30% sign, and there are some Canali and Hickeys and one or two Corneliani suits I saw that were on the 30% rack...ends tomorrow (Sunday) They will be having a 20% on all mens suits, sportscoats, jackets, dress shirts, ties jeans, shoes, belts, and sportswear starting Feb 28 to Mar 2nd....their "million dollar inventory" load they got in this week was ok, saw some ties and perhaps 1 suit that interests me but for the most part I didnt see anything that stood out for me to be all giddy like a school girl about, at least not in my size (40/41), I usually find the bigger sizes (42 and up) have more "hgher" brand choices to choose from

Marshalls in Potomac Mills has several Canali and Corneliani suits and sportsjackets and a few Blue Label RL suits, sizes vary from a few 40s to mostly bigger sizes....

13. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

stopped by Nord. Rack in Sterling. they still got a good selection of Zegna, Canali, Hickeys, and one Armani floating around, from their "off the truck" racks but mostly in bigger sizes (some 42 but mostly 46 and up). Dress shirts were mostly lower brand stuff but did see the occasional Canali floating around (2 in 16.5, one in 16), nothing to write home about for the tie selection....the women's side of the house had this flyer, telling of some "new inventory" coming this week, I think the 26th or 28th, but I didnt see anything similar for the mens so I guess whatever came a few weeks ago was our "new inventory" event.

there is still a nice Zegna tan/brown houndstooth sportsjacket in EUR 52R that has a 30% tag...

14. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

I stopped at Filene's Basement today on Conn Ave. They have lots of new Louis of Boston and Mitchell's stuff that wasn't there a few days ago. Quite a few Borrelli, Barbera, Zegna, Kiton, Brioni, etc... shirts. All over $100, but the Dolce and Gabbana and Hugo Boss's are $50 - $80.

15. scot

scot Senior member

I also hit NR in the mills this weekend. It was ok, I picked up a pair of santonis and a sportcoat.

This weekend was evidently the "big guy" weekend though, at least for shoes as there were fliers about the larger sizes and I definitely saw more 14+ sized shoes there this weekend than ever before. They are getting the "designer label" shipment in this week for men's shoes. Of course they list "D+G, gucci etc" as their designer label shipment names...

Wonder if they will also get any good stuff in?

16. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

stopped by Off 5th in Potomac Mills today, since I had my email coupon with me, they let me take the 20% discount today rather than wait until tomorrow.....pulled the trigger on a 40L regular Zegna suit for $750...don't gripe that I paid too much, I rarely see any high quality brands like Zegna or canali or Hickeys in 40L so I consider this a deal.....while I was there, I saw a big rig with a trailor being offloaded at their store, by the loading dock, so they must had just received a new load....the chick working the men's section was pretty hot, probably Persian, boy did I want to tap that ass of hers[​IMG]

stopped by Bloomies in Tysons on Tues and asked about this mens suit sale and they still didnt know any details on it so I asked them to call me when they do. Right now they have a 'sale' where if you donate $10 to charity and spend over $300, they will give you 20% your purchase. They have some nice Corneliani suits for $1500 but thats about all for their high end suits, all of the others are Z-Zegna, Burberry, Joe Aboud, and Boss.

17. minhi

minhi Senior member

just to follow up on the nordstrom rack, i was there last nite and their flyer said they expected a shipment today (the 29th) of new shoes, they list gucci, d&g, bally, coach. given their pricing i would imagine just warm/cool deals but give it a few weeks and you might find something nice.

i picked up a pair of testoni chelseas last nite for a pretty good discount. i also saw a few ferragamo (not bad) and magli (not a fan) for $200, i put back a pair of 10.5 santoni's that were $100 after discount, a little too small for me but nice shoes.

on non-shoe stuff it's been awhile since i looked at their jean selection, normal fashion labels like 7fam, coh and tr were $100, in the second tier the earnest sewn, pdc, 575 stuff were $50 (which i think is good quality at that price). i found a nice pair of evisiu heritage selvedge jeans for $50, even the red evisu logo on the pocket didn't bother me, it broke my heart when i opened it up to find the gigantic painted red and white eagle(?) on the other pocket/leg!

18. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

minhi: was that the NR at potomac mills or in Gaithersburg?

19. minhi

minhi Senior member

minhi: was that the NR at potomac mills or in Gaithersburg?

Whoops. thanks man, potomac mills

20. scot

scot Senior member

The question is that if they are actually getting in quality shoes today, or just the crap mentioned. I definitely dont want to go all the way back down there for those labels, but I wouldn't mind picking up a fatte a mano santoni or two [​IMG] (ugh in 6.5/7.5. Thats a tough size to find for FAM. )