• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Tale of Two Shoes: Fixing a pair of Bruno Maglis Photoessay

Demeter

Reaction score
I just checked and it seems to load fine for me. I've put the files on my server for reliability, so let me know if the problems persist. Otherwise, as nerdykarim said, there is a copy of it on the SF wiki at http://styleforum.pbwiki.com/photoessay D

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the artisan was wearing Birkenstockesque sandles?

waitwhat

Reaction score
Wow, this is simply amazing. As a newbie here, I have never seen these pictures before, and i am both amazed and mournful. Amazed because of the quality of the work and the beauty of the process, and mournful because it, along with tailoring, is a dying trade.
frown.gif

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After the 5th time seeing this, I still find it amazing. Thanks.

Regards.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember this post from when I first start perusing the board - it's still amazing.

"So THIS is why you buy nice shoes."

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this should be a pinned, HOF thread.

If there's ever any argument to newbies why one should spend the requisite $ on quality shoes, it's this...

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable how you were able to turn back the hands of time for those shoes. I've never seen a transformation like it.

ualman

Reaction score
OMG, that was an amazing job saving those shoes. They look better than new!
This shows people like you are so needed in this world and attitude of throwing things away.
Thanks so much for posting these, just found this site so missed it the first time.

phorm

Reaction score
i'm glad somebody resurrected this thread. freakin' amazing what was done with those shoes.

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry folks...The pictures were beautiful but, in terms of the repair, I wouldn't want it done that way on my shoes. To many things to comment about. Be happy to answer any questions.

Reborn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick V.
Sorry folks...The pictures were beautiful but, in terms of the repair, I wouldn't want it done that way on my shoes. To many things to comment about. Be happy to answer any questions.

If you're going to come into a post like this, that has clearly had a lot of work put into it, to say something like that, you better take the time to comment about it. If you're going to be rude you may as well finish it off with some type of intelligent insight.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick V.

Perhaps you should grace us with an example of a restoration you've done.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are before and after pictures of shoes/boots at Nick's website (see his sig. for the site). His site also details what is done to recraft shoes at his establishment.

Regards.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time I've seen this thread. Really incredible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics