1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A Tale of Two Shoes: Fixing a pair of Bruno Maglis Photoessay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Demeter, May 21, 2006.

1. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Still this, PM'd haven't heard back.

2. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Makes perfect sense.

3. Nick V.

Nick V. Senior member Dubiously Honored

I never liked this OP because it's weighted more to-wards cosmetics than anything else.
    When I first read it, my immediate reaction was......a half sole?
    In order to do the job right (on a high-grade) at the very least it should be done using a full sole.
    Regarding the heel spring. I agree with DWFII, if the rear portion of the sole was never disturbed, only the heel base separated from it, why would there be a need to adjust the base when re-attaching it?
    The only reason I can think of is....since a last was not installed prior to doing any work, it's possible that when the base was pried off, the shank was thrown out of alignment during the process.

4. StarterStyle

StarterStyle Senior member

Could a brand new heel be added and this leveled one cut off to fix the problem of leveling without a last?

5. DWFII

DWFII Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker Dubiously Honored

With a generic last at roughly the same heel height the problem might be improved.

But without the original last, the answer to the question has to be "no." Not with any degree of certainty beyond mere guessing.

6. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Ah such a good read.

7. mouseandcat

mouseandcat Senior member

just going through my subscriptions, this thread is always a great read.