• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
We need to hang out, you seem to lead a very interesting life
smile.gif

Ron Jeremy's looks are not what made him famous.

If you keep an open mind, try to be friendly with everyone, eliminate all the time a lot of people waste in front of the TV, and seek out some adventure, it's amazing what/who you'll run into.

I've actually never seen Ron "in action", but I'm assuming he's either very well-endowed or very "productive".

SoCal
, didn't you say you had an intimate encounter with someone from Project Runway? Or am I misremembering things?

modsquad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Lighten up. We're talking about sex here with people who normally wouldn't get much if they didn't have some sort of "fame".

Agreed. Consider me light.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Growing up in Olympia, Wa. I've run into tons of...oh wait, no I haven't. I have never run into a celebrity of any sort. Ever.

But all my friends seem to have. Roommates in college with John Singleton, dinner party with Benazir Bhutto. Etc etc.

b

Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
Who's that? Someone from reality tv?

Just caught this as I was rereading the thread. I'll assume Castro knows now.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I've met Bill Clinton once, and Barack Obama a few times. My girlfriend and I were on a flight from Miami to Indianapolis and Triple H was sitting in first class--- i'm not sure that counts though lol.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Erin Andrews, most famous alumni of the University of Florida Dazzlers (the dance team).
inlove.gif

One of my best friend's wives was her sorority sister. The fact that her husband and I are both in love with Erin really brings out the cattiness. She's so hot.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do gangsters count? In the 1970s I was working for a notorious attorney, Roy Cohn, in NYC at 39 E.68th St. One day he gave me an assignment (I was basically a gofer), and I rushed out to do it. As I was leaving the entrance of the townhouse, I literally ran right into/over a short fat Italian looking guy. He was one of Roy's favorite Mafia clients, Capo Fat Tony Salerno. I don't think he was pleased
laugh.gif
Cohn was kind of notorious and had quite a collection of friends and clients. I was an employee (briefly), so these wouldn't be unexpected encounters, but I did see many famous people there. The ones that come to mind are Onassis, Donald Trump, Halston, Si Newhouse, and Barbara Walters. I've lived in Texas many years now and have gotten to know Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill pretty well (2 of the 3 ZZ Top guys). The only random meeting I recall in Texas is when I encountered Forest Whitaker in a supermarket. He had just starred in a movie, "The Crying Game". It had to do with a guy that was fooled by a transwoman. This was in the 1990s. Anyway, Whitaker was walking in the aisles of a supermarket with a real attractive woman. I might have been a bit drunk, and out of line. But I thought that he would pick up the reference when I said, "Be careful, Forrest, your chick might have a Dick!". I was trying to be funny referring to the movie, "The Crying Game". He didn't find it funny at all
boxing[1].gif
He went ballistic and I thought that he was going to fight with me. The woman with him realized I was being sarcastic (by referring to the movie), and she calmed him down. I wouldn't be surprised if he still remembers it. Link to the movie The Crying Game

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sang an impromptu happy birthday to Bon Jovi led by Richie Sambuca and the entire band while dinning at the next table at Nobu. Had Cuba Gooding Jr. stare at my wife for an entire dinner, although not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. Just a few, but afterall living in NYC you see this all the time.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modsquad
After 15 pages it's finally occurred to me to ask. Anybody ever go to bed with a celebrity?

I once fell asleep in bed with Cindy Crawford...on TV.

I found "The Crying Game" a very disturbing movie on several levels.

injung

Reaction score
Saw leno on the freeway with one of his vintage cars - think it was the 110. His head is huge even from 4 lanes away.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not really an "unexpected" encounter, and I'm not sure how many people would consider him a "celebrity", but he's been in a ton of movies - many of which are horrible (Pearl Harbor, Brain Smasher: A Love Story, Robot Jox 2), some of which are GREAT (The Karate Kid Part II, Real Genius, Better Off Dead, The Game).

I spent my 26th birthday in Yuji Okumoto's restaraunt here in Seattle. We ate Hawaiian food. We watched The Karate Kid Part II with him in the bar. I got wasted. He signed my TKKPII DVD.

Nice guy.

YujiOkumoto-KK.jpg

860c2786937ab2e3a4afa0b971.jpg

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
in 1999, i once was at a gas station on Canoga blvd in the San Fernando Valley at around 1 in the morning
and when I went into the 24hr mart , i saw Jean Claude Van Damme.

Jean was in a military green jacket and grey sweatpants and him and I were the only two persons in there along with the attendant (who was Indian and either did not seem to know who he was or did not care).

I said hello and he turned around and said, "Hey how are you?"
I said, "Fine thanks"
He for some reason asked, "So what do you do?"
"I work for a small software company"
"Ohh...software. that is good"

He was purchasing a banana and a juice. I had a beef jerky and a coke in my hand, he looks at my food and says, "that stuff will kill you"

I just shrugged and smiled, and he smiled and said bye and went into his mercedes benz outside.

That was cool. This guy is exactly my height and skeletal build. I became more of a fan of him after that.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Not really an "unexpected" encounter, and I'm not sure how many people would consider him a "celebrity", but he's been in a ton of movies - many of which are horrible (Pearl Harbor, Brain Smasher: A Love Story, Robot Jox 2), some of which are GREAT (The Karate Kid Part II, Real Genius, Better Off Dead, The Game).

I spent my 26th birthday in Yuji Okumoto's restaraunt here in Seattle. We ate Hawaiian food. We watched The Karate Kid Part II with him in the bar. I got wasted. He signed my TKKPII DVD.

Nice guy.

YujiOkumoto-KK.jpg

860c2786937ab2e3a4afa0b971.jpg

That last picture , wow he got old looking.

He was also in Truman Show. not a big part, just him watching Truman on the tv. pretty dum

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
That last picture , wow he got old looking.

Well, he is almost 50.
smile.gif

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeff Goldbloom was on my plane to Toronto heading out to the film festival in Sept.

I see numerous Sacramento Kings players going to the tailor I go to.

Flava Flav a few months ago at the Westfield mall in SF at.... you guessed it... Movado!

I've seen more randomly when I was a kid in the LA area.

Arnold works 10 blocks from me and I still have not seen him, he is #1 on my list.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Well, he is almost 50.
smile.gif

Jeesh! So Ralph Macchio AND this guy were in their mid to late 20s when KK2 showed?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads