• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
People who act condesending to me, then get all pissed the **** off when I act like a smart-ass to them. Ex.:

I went into Barnes and Noble last night to purchase a couple of books with an expired coupon. Now I'd already called and told them about what I wanted to do, and they said it would be no problem. So I get to the register with the books in my hand and pop out the coupon. Now we have to call over a manager to approve it and when she comes, she gets all pissy with me. I try to explain the situation and she begins to point out the words on the coupon in a loud voice and with a ****** look on her face"ON ONE BOOK ONLY". Being the smart ass I am my response didn't go over to well "Are you sure? Now hold on a minute, let me get my glasses out and look that over." She proceeds to crumple up the coupon and grabs the books off the counter. Then she informs me that if my conscience can handle it, I can get another coupon to use. I said "Why bother? I think it would be less of a hassle to steal the ******* things instead. I'm sure my degenerate conscious wouldn't have a problem with that." and left.

Why is it that the people with double-digit IQ's always end up in low level management positions?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I was checking out at yoox I thought I'd go back and use the SF affiliate link. I think someone bought the last pair right before I could. Bastards!

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
"Last Christmas" is stuck in my head/

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
1) People who drive way slower than me on the highway. Jackasses.
2) People who drive way faster than me on the highways. Maniacs.

Got some old George Carlin records at the flea market?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Got some old George Carlin records at the flea market?

"I used to be Irish Catholic, now I'm an American, you know, you grow."

Good times...
smile.gif

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
I hired a pattern maker who was supposed to start work today.
The **** didn't turn up, no communication to say why he had changed his mind and no apology.
Why are all pattern makers affected with the inability to communicate?.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Really idiotic people who work in stores. I asked for shoe-trees, and this moronic woman sort of stares and says that we only carry shoe-racks and that she's never heard of shoe trees.

Well, consider this: Most "normal" people never heard of shoe-trees and despite that they continue to lead much happier lives than any of us.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Well, consider this: Most "normal" people never heard of shoe-trees and despite that they continue to lead much happier lives than any of us.

You missed LK's point: she works in a store which sells shoes. It's as if a car salesman cannot direct you to the tires on a car, quite unthinkable.

Jon.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
You missed LK’s point: she works in a store which sells shoes. It’s as if a car salesman cannot direct you to the tires on a car, quite unthinkable.

Jon.

I see.
IMO: shoe-trees to shoes are what sheepskin-seatcovers are to cars.

Mustapha

Reaction score
Senior citizens who indulge themselves in excessive travel. This beige running shoe crowd are all over the airports. My parents cruise at least twice a year. My grandfather - long gone - thought a trip downtown was a reward. Faack.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People that walk 3-4 abreast down the sidewalks in New York.
+1, same with people at the mall.

Senior citizens who indulge themselves in excessive travel.
What's wrong with it? They're all old and won't be around much longer, might as well let them do whatever the hell they want
tounge.gif

JB

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Learned this weekend (via a "coming attractions" preview preceding Alvin & The Chipmunks) that Jim Carrey and 20th Century Fox are going to be perverting Horton Hears a Who a la The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads