Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

Wow someone like you went to Linens & Things?

I had a shoe-tree emergency.

2. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Distinguished Member

1) People who drive way slower than me on the highway. Jackasses.
    2) People who drive way faster than me on the highways. Maniacs.

3. ratboycom

ratboycom Distinguished Member

Getting a cold the day before finals starts.

4. ms244

ms244 Senior Member

It snowed here in the MO, a few days ago and a little last night. Everything is covered with ice too.

The city barely plowed the main roads, no salt anywhere to be seen. God forbid you have to take some side street.[​IMG]

I can see not having enough resources to deal with it if this was, say, South Carolina, where it snows maybe twice a decade. But in the middle of the midwest I kinda expected a little more.

Driving anywhere is freaking scary here, black ice + rubes in minivans are a dangerous combination.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

1) People who drive way slower than me on the highway. Jackasses.
    2) People who drive way faster than me on the highways. Maniacs.

My default speed on freeways is 85, it seems.

6. contactme_11

contactme_11 Distinguished Member

My old roommate was kind of a greaseball and a big guy to boot. He was also pretty stingy and disrespectful in some ways. He had a difficult time digesting greens and I'd often see chewed up pieces of lettuce in the toilet. This was fine until I notice these unchewed bits of lettuce on my loofah.

wow. just wow. did you kill him?

7. rdawson808

rdawson808 Distinguished Member

Our IT dept will not upgrade our systems so we can have the new IE that has tabs. And we're not allowed to download Firefox. Idiotic.

b

8. ms244

ms244 Senior Member

I'm in the library studying for my exam tomorrow morning. How much can you look at powerpoint slides till your head explodes? [​IMG]

A couple of desks away is some putz whose laptop is adorned with what appears to be Zaptista/FARC/Shining Path looking maoist stickers.

Also, they still haven't salted the streets and parking lot around my apartment. Its like a skating rink.

9. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Our IT dept will not upgrade our systems so we can have the new IE that has tabs. And we're not allowed to download Firefox. Idiotic.

b

Good for them. IE7 sucks.

10. tiecollector

tiecollector Distinguished Member

IE sucks.
    fixed.

11. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I'm so used to it that I barely see how it sucks anymore. When I use Firefox, which I do on occasion, I find certain things missing that I think are stupid, and vice versa. Usually keyboard shortcuts and things like that. IE doesn't crash on me any more than FF does for the amount of time I use it, I don't get any viruses or popups because I run security, and in fact, IE, if it does crash, will often only crash some of the browser windows rather than ALL your open tabs at once. I usually have 8-10 browser windows open, and I like seeing them all on the taskbar rather than having to open the browser then cycle through them that way. It's just a preference, but IE really isn't THAT bad IMO. It definitely is if you're an idiot who uses no security measures and clicks on every possible link to Russian spyware sites, etc.

In any case, IE 7 sucks more than IE 6.

12. tiecollector

I'm so used to it that I barely see how it sucks anymore. When I use Firefox, which I do on occasion, I find certain things missing that I think are stupid, and vice versa. Usually keyboard shortcuts and things like that.

In any case, IE 7 sucks more than IE 6.

The thing that sucks most is programming for IE. It is funny how IE used to be so much better than NN, now FF owns it. MS lobbies to have these standards set in place and then they are the only ones that can't support their own standards! [​IMG]

13. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

The thing that sucks most is programming for IE. It is funny how IE used to be so much better than NN, now FF owns it. MS lobbies to have these standards set in place and then they are the only ones that can't support their own standards! [​IMG]

Did you ever find your cat?

14. tiecollector

Did you ever find your cat?

Yup. Some lady walking into a restaurant called me and said he walked in with her. I have my number embroidered on his collar. This is the third time in 3 months he has gotten lost and been recovered. I am going to have to start walking him with a leash and harness.

15. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Distinguished Member

Riding 20km with my knicks not quite adjusted right. Nasty blister in a place where you definitely do not want blisters.