• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
People that use the forum to ask questions that are better asked to someone in real life who would be more inclined to give a proper answer.

Like "can a tailor fix this shoulder"? Why not actually show a real tailor the jacket and ask HIM?

Or using the forum to ask questions that can be googled in 2 secs.

Like "How many dollars is 100 euros?"

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
People that use the forum to ask questions that are better asked to someone in real life who would be more inclined to give a proper answer.

Like "can a tailor fix this shoulder"? Why not actually show a real tailor the jacket and ask HIM?

Or using the forum to ask questions that can be googled in 2 secs.

Like "How many dollars is 100 euros?"

I personally search Google as my standard way of finding information. Although you really can't blame people for asking others' opinions on a clothing forum, it's like going to see 50 tailors at once (well more like 50 knowledgeable salespeople...).

Jon.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
it's like going to see 50 tailors at once (well more like 50 knowledgeable salespeople...).

Jon.

that's probably an optimistic number.
smile.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
it's like going to see 50 tailors at once (well more like 50 knowledgeable salespeople...).

And getting 43 different answers, 28 of which people have just made up on the spot.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
My job, I know most people feel that way, however I have to stew for the next week and a half to see if mine is one of an unspecified number of positions being eliminated.

This was never intended to be a career, more a stepping stone until my business takes off, however I had hoped to pick the timing of my departure.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snow. It starts snowing almost literally the minute we start class this morning and has not stopped class, and we didn't get out of class early even though the roads have gone to **** when I went to work. Ugh.

JB

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No one noticed my festive avatar.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Barneys is having a "Green" eco friendly Christmas...yet they keep the lights on all night in the windows.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This really attractive girl, who seemingly has her **** together, who I think likes me, and after the first conversation longer than 5 minutes with her I find her to be very boring.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
This really attractive girl, who seemingly has her **** together, who I think likes me, and after the first conversation longer than 5 minutes with her I find her to be very boring.

Sorry to laugh Brian, but that is funny. There's a woman in my office/building who every guy agrees is good looking (okay face, phenom body), well educated, etc. but who is also the biggest bore in the world. I tried to talk with her once in the elevator and even going down a few floors I was bored.

b

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads