1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Don't get me started on Comcast's predatory billing practices if you choose to leave them. You can leave them, but you won't like the ordeal.

Oh, this isn't pissing me off, but I am scratching my head here. Guy in my office has a shiny black SUV with 120,000 miles, and he's complaining about his transmission. I ask when's the last time he changed his trans fluid? He hasn't. Then he complains that the shop down the street wants $100 to change his trans fluid. Huh? Have you priced a new transmission on this shiny black SUV lately? You know the one for which you're still upside-down? Hello???

Simple freakin' economics here, people. If you can't afford to pay the shop, you'd better budget for some wrenches and a service manual or move in next to a mechanic.

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Also pissing me off: crappy courier services. When I say "rush" I don't mean "by all means, make a few other stops if they're sorta on the way. Sure, 'by 11am' can be loosely interpreted to mean 'sometime today.'" Asshole.

3. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Comcast. We pay for the sports package so I can watch soccer. This includes both FSC and GolTV. Today I can get FSC but the GolTV screen says that I'm not subscribed. How can their computers recognize that I pay for the sports package and then transmit a contradictory signal? When I call to enquire, the customer service rep I am connected to, mysteriously has her computer "refreshing" so she has no access to any information. Then why did you pick up the phone? Let someone else answer it. I ask her to transfer me to a CS rep who has a working computer. She can't do that--not technically possible. So I ask her to transfer me to her "supervisor". She says she can't, but that she can transfer me to her "manager." WTF? Same person, obviously dumb-ass. Ugh. Shit CS.

b

I've been paying for cable for four months, at least, without getting any picture. I never get around to calling them to fix it because I don't want to deal with making an appointment.

4. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

My sister got a new Range Rover and I'm stuck with a taxi cab and subway.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

My sister got a new Range Rover and I'm stuck with a taxi cab and subway.

[​IMG]

Jon.

6. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Jon.

Smells like spoilt asparagus.

7. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

People who can't sit through a two-hour concert without constantly sending and receiving text messages on their mobiles. I had to tell some guy to put his blackberry away at a concert last night because the glare from it kept flashing in my eyes.

Whoever effing invented effing SMSing is a bigger douchebag than anybody who might win our SF DB poll.

8. Magster

Magster Well-Known Member

People who can't sit through a two-hour concert without constantly sending and receiving text messages on their mobiles. I had to tell some guy to put his blackberry away at a concert last night because the glare from it kept flashing in my eyes.

Whoever effing invented effing SMSing is a bigger douchebag than anybody who might win our SF DB poll.

Don't blame the blackberry. Blame the parents.

9. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

Non stop loud chatter coming from a bunch of Latino males at my GYM.
    Can they ever stfu?

People who clear their throat or cough in the middle of the musical performance instead of waiting for a pause or intermission.
    Fucking peasants.

10. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Non stop loud chatter coming from a bunch of Latino males at my GYM.
    Can they ever stfu?

People who clear their throat or cough in the middle of the musical performance instead of waiting for a pause or intermission.
    Fucking peasants.

Just use gypsy tears on them.

London House Milan is only open by appt only! Friggin' Mariano Rubinacci...

Overdesigned Italian design hotels... especially their overdesigned restrooms...

11. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

People walking slow in the mall. The mall is not the place to take a casual stroll when you have people like me rushing to get down to Nordstrom.

JB

12. douchebo baggins

douchebo baggins Active Member

People walking slow in the mall. The mall is not the place to take a casual stroll when you have people like me rushing to get down to Nordstrom. JB
    You were eager to get to Nordstrom? [​IMG] That is rather douchey.

13. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Does this mean I win the prize?

JB

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Does this mean I win the prize?

JB

There can be only one.

15. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

People walking slow in the mall. The mall is not the place to take a casual stroll when you have people like me rushing to get down to Nordstrom.

JB

JB, I feel for you. My wife and I have been in the Annapolis mall more times than I can count, waiting behind these mosey-ing MFs who will not speed up. Damn people, I don't want to waste my life in this mall. (Though it is much nicer now that they've expanded.)

b

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

JB

The real piss off are the people who always insist on stopping directly in a doorway and having a conversation. And then they look at you like you're the idiot when you push by them as there is no way around them and they are blocking the only way into a store.

17. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

JB, I feel for you. My wife and I have been in the Annapolis mall more times than I can count, waiting behind these mosey-ing MFs who will not speed up. Damn people, I don't want to waste my life in this mall. (Though it is much nicer now that they've expanded.)

b

I get annoyed at this at malls and other places, too. Especially when two or more people will spread out so that no one can get past them as they walk so slowly. Truly annoying.

18. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Girls. Fack.
    +1 [​IMG]

20. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

+1 for the girls comment.

Rdawson, the new addition is nice especially the H&M for folks like me who only go to Nordstrom to look and H&M to buy [​IMG]

JB