• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

styleheaven

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm just getting into the whole major jean scene and I was wondering if someone could help me with sizing. I wear a size 34 in my paper denims, rock and republics, diesels, and citizens. In the 34's my legs are pretty loose everywhere and I could probably wear a 33 and it would look and fit better. Therefore, I was wondering what size I should get for the Julian Red California's, 5EP x SF's, and APC NS's? I'm not looking for a tight fit where the jeans grabs my thighs but slim enough where it doesn't look baggy. Some quick info of myself is: I'm 6,0 and weigh 165.

Also can anyone recommend any other jeans that are similar to what I'm looking for?

Thanks.

migo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm lookin to buy the Cheap Monday Outside Selvage in Dry from denim bar:

http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/...PARTMENT_ID=38

just had a question on sizing...do these run true to size or should I size down for a better fit? I'm skinny as hell...maybe a tiny bit less than a 28 waist, but not really a 27, but I want to get the 27...will they stretch out at the waist? Also...will they hug my thighs? I want them to fit pretty much exactly how they are on the website.

styleheaven

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I told you that you're probably more of a 32 or 33 and that a 30 or 31 in APC NSs would work out well price/fit wise. They stretch a bunch and afterwards won't be too tight or too baggy.
When you said 32 or 33 you were referring to the 5EPxSF's and Cali's right?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by styleheaven
When you said 32 or 33 you were referring to the 5EPxSF's and Cali's right?

No. I mean that you're probably a "true" 32 or 33 based on the info you've given me. It's hard to give you good recommendations when you don't own a single pair of jeans that fit you. You told me you fit nicely into a pair of 32s in a brand i hadn't heard of. That and your height/weight led me to believe you're probably a 32 but simply have been sizing up all these years like most people do because it's "more comfortable." I'd buy a 30 in APC NS and 32s in 5ep x sf as the larger sizes in the 5eps seem to be cut a bit more forgiving than the sub 30 sizes.

Tonybag0dohnutz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minimalist
Did a little research on the topic... It seems that the original german army sneakers are made by adidas and come in white only. But adidas also seems to sell a black version of it to the public for indoor soccer. The white version is available here through some internet surplus stores for about €30, but I do think thats fairly overpriced considering the overall quality and the fact that they are not really comfortable. But after serving your time there, you recieve the boots and sneakers to take them home, and many people sell them, so they should be available much cheaper and nearly unworn... Anyway, don't think that was the question
wink.gif

img_german_sneaker.jpg
I was told on superfuture by a person that the black ones are more expensive than the white, running $200+. So they are out there, just getting them is a pita. I wish I wore white shoes.

minimalist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tonybag0dohnutz
img_german_sneaker.jpg

I was told on superfuture by a person that the black ones are more expensive than the white, running $200+. So they are out there, just getting them is a pita. I wish I wore white shoes.

Odd... those are definitely not the black version I was talking about, since adidas put their three stripes on it... But if they are the least bit like the white ones in matters of comfort and quality, they are definitely not worth 200 bucks! Go get yourself some nice adidas in black
wink.gif

Tonybag0dohnutz

Reaction score
I have some italia and orion's that I wear, but the black are super sleek looking. The ones that a poster can get look a bit different, they have a gum sole instead of a grey sole (but that can be just because of the picture too) and are low tops. So these things aren't too comfy?

WorkingTitle

Reaction score
I wear a 30 in the 5EP x SF's and they are very snug, so for the KMW Rockers should I stick with a 30 or get a 29? They say they run a bit big, but I think a 30 might give me just a wee bit more wiggle room. What do you guys think?

If it helps any I tried on a Dior Homme 19cm MIJ at Sak's today in 29, and i couldn't get the last two buttons. I am sure with time it would have stretched, but still.

Tonybag0dohnutz

Reaction score
Wondering about made in england Fred Perry sizing. Looking to order a few polos from warrior clothing. I'm pretty much a small in everything, but previous Fred Perry polo's I've ordered from various sites were made in China and a small ended up fitting more like a medium and needed to be shrunk. I heard most of the MiE stuff was true to size, but on the web site it says they are "generous" fitting.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a size 38 Fred Perry MIE polo and my true chest size is 36". The polo fits tightly on me. In my experience they are quite small.

minimalist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tonybag0dohnutz
I have some italia and orion's that I wear, but the black are super sleek looking. The ones that a poster can get look a bit different, they have a gum sole instead of a grey sole (but that can be just because of the picture too) and are low tops. So these things aren't too comfy?

Well, people are different, but I had to wear them on a few occassions, and I hated them... On the other hand, the black ones seem to be slightly different, compare the tips for example... In any case, I don't think they are worth $200
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads