• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrburnz

Reaction score
what's the general consensus on brown shoes and a black jacket. does the shade of the brown make a difference? or is it a general 'no'.

thanks

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrburnz
what's the general consensus on brown shoes and a black jacket. does the shade of the brown make a difference? or is it a general 'no'.

It pretty much always depends on the shade of brown. You have a lot more leeway with a casual jacket than with a sportcoat or, obviously, a suit.

Eric09

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the proper trance clubbing attire is...i'm going to Pacha in NY tomorrow and i'm not quite sure what to wear.

axlpendergast

Reaction score
i'm a 34...bought a Sugar Cane Okinawa in a 36 because i've been reading that they run kind of small, well after a soak they fit perfectly. about 2 weeks later they stretched out to somewhere between 35-36 which is ok but i'd like the option of wearing jeans without a belt.

so i bought some 1947's that were 33s (which were a perfect fit before the soak) and thought they'd stretch to 34-35 or something but this time after the soak they went too small...i'd be sucking to button the jeans and the seams around the upper thighs and crotch area seem kinda stretched. is this something that will go away if i continue to wear them around? or should i kiss the 47's goodbye? or is there some sort of way to get them back to their original size (relatively)?

btw, i'm fairly new to selvage and from most of the posts that i could find seem to deal with people having issues with their jeans not shrinking enough...

ataru

Reaction score
Can tucking in a white crew or v neck t-shirt into jeans or chinos in the James Dean style work in this day and age? I've tried it a few times but its kinda hard not to be self-conscious about it. When I do do it I've been making sure to sag the pants some and not wear a belt. Usually wearing sand color desert boots or some pretty worn white jack purcells with it. It seems to be easier to pull off with some kind of outer to take some of the attention away from it.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
axlpendergast:

The only real option is to get them wet, wear them until dry, and stretch them like a madman during.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by axlpendergast

so i bought some 1947's that were 33s (which were a perfect fit before the soak) and thought they'd stretch to 34-35 or something but this time after the soak they went too small...i'd be sucking to button the jeans and the seams around the upper thighs and crotch area seem kinda stretched. is this something that will go away if i continue to wear them around? or should i kiss the 47's goodbye? or is there some sort of way to get them back to their original size (relatively)?

Two words...

Disco

Ball

Tonybag0dohnutz

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting some black german army sneakers, but have no idea where to find them. Also, do they fit true to size? I'm around 10 1/2 in vans/adidas etc...

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
If you get the ones from germany, then they fit pretty true to size. I'm a 10.5 and i got a 44 and they work well. Try doing a search for german army sneakers or trainers here and on superfuture. I know there was a thread with a link there awhile back. A german site called trophe shop has them (the white ones that is) but i don't have the url anymore. You'll have to have someone in europe(cheaper if they're from germany) order off the site or in a store and mail it to you for a small proxy fee. Should cost you around $80-100

rmnd

Reaction score
anybody know how often barney's coop has instore sales? anything for thanksgiving weekend maybe?

Tonybag0dohnutz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
If you get the ones from germany, then they fit pretty true to size. I'm a 10.5 and i got a 44 and they work well. Try doing a search for german army sneakers or trainers here and on superfuture. I know there was a thread with a link there awhile back. A german site called trophe shop has them (the white ones that is) but i don't have the url anymore. You'll have to have someone in europe(cheaper if they're from germany) order off the site or in a store and mail it to you for a small proxy fee. Should cost you around $80-100

Damn, sounds like a hassle. Maybe closer to Xmas I'll see if anybody can hook me up. Thanks for the info.

GuP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Nudies, APC New Standard. Closer to 100.00 but seems like they'd work out unless your thighs are huge.

Any nudies will go? What about the Nudie Selvage Regular Ralf? I am a 32 - size down 2 or is that for the APCs?

minimalist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug

What are you guys talking about when you refer to german army sneakers? I've been there (army) and am pretty sure that there is no such thing as a black version of them... They are ment to be worn indoors and therefore are white. There is a completely other sneaker which is meant to be worn outdoors though, but it comes in a light blue with dark blue combo...
teacha.gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minimalist
What are you guys talking about when you refer to german army sneakers? I've been there (army) and am pretty sure that there is no such thing as a black version of them... They are ment to be worn indoors and therefore are white. There is a completely other sneaker which is meant to be worn outdoors though, but it comes in a light blue with dark blue combo...
teacha.gif

I've seen the black ones multiple times, but maybe they are not official ones. I know i've seen them on Rakuten before and in the supermarket on superfuture. I suppose they must have not been the actual ones from germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads