• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

2sweet

Reaction score
In early fall and spring, I like to wear something simple: a fitted dark cardigan over a t shirt, along with dark jeans. So simple, so elegant. Later in the fall obviously, this simple two layer ensemble won't work: too darn cold. How can I layer over the tshirt and cardigan in a manner both warm as well as stylish?

I suppose I could wear a trenchcoat but mine is unlined and therefore isn't very warm. How about a goose down jacket? I'm really reaching for layering answers here. Help!

Tonybag0dohnutz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw
I have a size 38 Fred Perry MIE polo and my true chest size is 36". The polo fits tightly on me. In my experience they are quite small.

I'm assuming the 38" chest is a size small? Warrior clothing order goes by generic order sizing rather than chest sizing.

WorkingTitle

Reaction score
What is the red wing chukka boot model that everyone on here seems to wear? I have looked for it but can't seem to find it, anyone know?

the etruscan

Reaction score
I've been looking for a blue and white striped work shirt (possibly called hickory) for a bit. I'm large (not fat, just large), and the Rag and Bone XL was too small in the chest and shoulders. I'm wondering if Engineered Garments or the like would be good, or if there's (preferably) a cheaper decent source.

Thanks

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the etruscan
I've been looking for a blue and white striped work shirt (possibly called hickory) for a bit. I'm large (not fat, just large), and the Rag and Bone XL was too small in the chest and shoulders. I'm wondering if Engineered Garments or the like would be good, or if there's (preferably) a cheaper decent source.

Thanks

Check J Crew?

andimq

Reaction score
Where would I get a red skinny jeans from most easily, least expensive?

Given the fact that I am from and in Germany :).

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the etruscan

Thanks

Checkout J.Crew's options, they have a few that match your description. VMan was also selling an engineered garments oxford shirt in the buying and selling forum recently that you might want to go look for as well - I think it was a size large.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andimq
Where would I get a red skinny jeans from most easily, least expensive? Given the fact that I am from and in Germany :).
Does germany have Topman? H&M might have them. Urban Outfitters in the US has them as well. http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/inv...620004&bklist= http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...poppush&color= Don't know if they ship to germany but that's probably about as cheap as i could think of. Julian Red had some red jeans this past season, which are pretty hard to find and expensive, but still really nice. Does cheap monday make red jeans? They're all over europe.

smiley

Reaction score
helmut langs or 5epxsf?

i like the hl's alot for some reason...
but i've heard so many good things about 5epxsf. yet i havent tried them on to see for myself.

haha help me out?

thanks

andimq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Does germany have Topman? H&M might have them. Urban Outfitters in the US has them as well.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/inv...620004&bklist=

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...poppush&color=

Don't know if they ship to germany but that's probably about as cheap as i could think of.

Julian Red had some red jeans this past season, which are pretty hard to find and expensive, but still really nice.

Does cheap monday make red jeans? They're all over europe.

Hi,

Thanks a lot! CM once did one red jeans but they are not selling them anymore :-(. The one from uranoutfitters is only availible in W31 as it's smallest size. If this fits like I expect it to I will have to be afraid of these jeans falling down from my hips ^^.

But I will be checking local H&Ms asap :)

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do those jcrew cardigans from this season fit?
baggier/slimmer than normal jcrew?

I am going to go in and try one on soon, they look pretty good overall, and very classic, yet modern.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andimq
Hi,

Thanks a lot! CM once did one red jeans but they are not selling them anymore :-(. The one from uranoutfitters is only availible in W31 as it's smallest size. If this fits like I expect it to I will have to be afraid of these jeans falling down from my hips ^^.

But I will be checking local H&Ms asap :)

I was browsing another site looking for some black jeans and found these.

http://shop.textalk.se/en/artgrp.php?id=1955&grp=28999

April 77 has other red models i think as well. See if you have any stockists near you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads