• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
The outfit fits well and looks natural, and I have nothing negative to say about it. However my point still stands. all he really needs is tiger fleece of some sort and red moon in his pocket to complete the outfit... :-\\

I am of two minds about this. "Dressed by the Internetzz" has a rather negative vibe about it, and I think that it need to be reserved for the really terrible outfits that are a mismash of brands or pieces heavily hyped on the Internet.

Often, the brands or pieces are just very nice (the first post about the Engineered Garments Bedford was actually one of mine, in my now dead thread "What I would wear if I had $1500K extra"). If people didn't want to share information and enthusiasm or get some ideas, then these fora would lose a large part of their raison d'etre.

That said, some people have rather strong opinions about pieces that they've only seen on the web.

kert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
The outfit fits well and looks natural, and I have nothing negative to say about it. However my point still stands. all he really needs is tiger fleece of some sort and red moon in his pocket to complete the outfit... :-\\

funny. next time i'll break out the tiger fleece just for you.
laugh.gif

kert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I am of two minds about this. "Dressed by the Internetzz" has a rather negative vibe about it, and I think that it need to be reserved for the really terrible outfits that are a mismash of brands or pieces heavily hyped on the Internet.

Often, the brands or pieces are just very nice (the first post about the Engineered Garments Bedford was actually one of mine, in my now dead thread "What I would wear if I had $1500K extra"). If people didn't want to share information and enthusiasm or get some ideas, then these fora would lose a large part of their raison d'etre.

That said, some people have rather strong opinions about pieces that they've only seen on the web.

well said LA Guy. what's the difference if i see pieces in a magazine, on the street or on the internet? just about everyone that posts in waywt has pieces on that they were inspired by on this forum. not sure why u picked out mine?

apocalypse later

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy

Indeed, "dressed by the internet" should be reserved for some of the **** you see on Superfuture that says Supreme/AA/Dior/Visvim over and over. I mean, it's a nice, solid fit with a good silhouette, but it gets really tired after awhile.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shooter
Hey spaceman, I was also in Vegas last weekend and saw you on my flight. I remember some dude wearing that AA sweatshirt and Nudie jeans now that you posted that picture, since I was also wearing my Nudies. Small world.

hey... thats weird... which flight was it?

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Out and about today, going to visit my girlfriend. Wearing my RAF Squadron Leader's Greatcoat - totally crazy piece of clothing, this incredibly thick melton wool coat tailored by Gieves of 1 Savile Row in the WWII era for some guy called M.H. Keen. It's the kind of thing an officer would wear on a snowy airstrip or a carrier flightdeck, got it from England and it's incredibly badass and crazy and warm. Slightly ridiculous, but I don't care.
ClothingShots107.jpg
ClothingShots111.jpg
Cool pic of some dude with a collapsible bike on the T.
ClothingShots118.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
ClothingShots107.jpg

[/IMG]

sorta hard to actually make out the gear, but the photo itself is ridiculously BADASS looking.

2nd pic shows some good detail...I really like what you got going on there.

the coolness of the top 2 pics esp makes the 3rd headless shot suck like donkeydick

Aries

Reaction score
Augusto, I;ll just echo the sentiments of Jason....and add that I think this pciture is as good a it gets...the composition of the pictures, the fit of the clothes and just the badassness of that overcoat, outstanding.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Augusto, I notice you are usually wearing bootcut jeans, and always with boots.
wink.gif
But, just curious if you have any tapered or straight leg jeans, or if there is a specific reason you don't like them.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
sorta hard to actually make out the gear, but the photo itself is ridiculously BADASS looking.

2nd pic shows some good detail...I really like what you got going on there.

the coolness of the top 2 pics esp makes the 3rd headless shot suck like donkeydick

Yeah, it did. I deleted it. Thanks for the props!

Originally Posted by xchen
Augusto, I notice you are usually wearing bootcut jeans, and always with boots.
wink.gif
But, just curious if you have any tapered or straight leg jeans, or if there is a specific reason you don't like them.

I loathe tapered jeans, always have. Presumably, always will. I don't like 'em on girls except with knee boots and never on men.

I love boots, so I buy a lot. But I would like to get some straight-leg jeans - some APCs or 5EPs or whatnot wouldn't go amiss at all, but I just can't afford to splurge on nice denim right now and I want to buy another nice raw pair.

In reality, I only have 2 "SF"-style jeans - Nudie Bjorns and Olas, both at least 3 years old. I also have some R&Rs and some PDCs I wear from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics