• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rambo
The outfit looks good but please do something about that hat. I recommend running over it with your bike.
smile.gif

If you're going to alter your own shirts, buy some plain white ones to try out first. That junction of patterns in the shoulder is enough to give someone vertigo. The body and arms look good though.

So....why do you think I chose that shirt to practice/butcher on?
tounge.gif
Though I find the pattern interesting, it's not quite flattering. It was the first to fall under my knife, and I was afraid it came out too snug.

Originally Posted by whodini
Motorcycle and a can of PBR...

J?

Oh the ironing!
bounce2.gif

Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
oh, ****...yeah...i didn't notice that on the shirt, at first...kinda ***** up what otherwise looks to be a great job...

your outfit looks good to me, lude...but, again...i think the sleeves are coming up a bit short on the jacket, you tall bastard...

about the hat...well...it's not my style, but i don't think it looks bad...if you're feeling it and it's something that you genuinely like, i say go for it...

and, that bike is one hell of an accessory!...probably didn't cost as much as rye's boots, but i'm sure it's a lot more fun
smile.gif

And you're the bastard I was waiting for! Ha, yeah I'm considering having the jacket altered to let out the sleeve as much as possible without looking ghetto....I love the jacket, otherwise, it's such a nice color and fabric in real life. And I think the torso could stand to the slimmed/tapered just a hair more...

So is the hat that bad?
plain.gif
A nearly plain-patterned flatcap? If so, I might consider resigning it to "working-on-vehicle" days, but I didn't realize it was that bad!

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
So true LabelKing! I've resisted the urge to drink alone so far but I have another month left in the cast and I'm getting so bored drinking myself into a stupor seems like a good plan.

CDC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
tounge.gif
Though I find the pattern interesting, it's not quite flattering. It was the first to fall under my knife, and I was afraid it came out too snug. Oh the ironing!
bounce2.gif
And you're the bastard I was waiting for! Ha, yeah I'm considering having the jacket altered to let out the sleeve as much as possible without looking ghetto....I love the jacket, otherwise, it's such a nice color and fabric in real life. And I think the torso could stand to the slimmed/tapered just a hair more... So is the hat that bad?
plain.gif
A nearly plain-patterned flatcap? If so, I might consider resigning it to "working-on-vehicle" days, but I didn't realize it was that bad!

I'm not quite sure of the offense with the cap - I've owned a tweed version for 13 years. There was a sudden surge in popularity about two years ago but It's simply too classic an accessory to be completely ruined by a brief episode of mainstream popularity. I also can't really see the hat too well, as material is important - those felt-like or cotton versions are no good. But you can scarcely go wrong with Harris tweed:
19.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Ludeykrus, the cap is fine, and the jacket fits very well. I like the sleeves, actually, and don't think they're too short at all, but I like to show a little more cuff than some people, I suppose. With the shirt, it's hard to tell without a full-length shot--if your hips are pretty slender, then having the shirt that slim isn't a problem. If they aren't, then it will probably make you look a bit feminine.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Last night I stayed up pulling, working on, and reinstalling the head on my cafe-rat-fighter-thing. Here is me w/ my victory cigarette:
100_0816_1024x768-1.jpg

-Custom altered t-shirt
-Volcom 2x4 raw jeans
-Allstars

Went downstairs, took a shower, and rolled into work for an all-day shift. Here's me with the work khacki's swapped out for Earnest Sewn Hutch's:
100_0836.jpg

That is the greasiest WAYWT pic I've seen in a while. Badass and a half.

I also really like the cord blazer. LOoks like one from H&M. But is it grey? Looks more gold colored, but that may be light/filtering.

Shirt looks a little odd, but that may be patternmatching. Fit is fine, I can't tell it was a home job. You seem pretty handy.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
tounge.gif
Though I find the pattern interesting, it's not quite flattering. It was the first to fall under my knife, and I was afraid it came out too snug.

Oh the ironing!
bounce2.gif

And you're the bastard I was waiting for! Ha, yeah I'm considering having the jacket altered to let out the sleeve as much as possible without looking ghetto....I love the jacket, otherwise, it's such a nice color and fabric in real life. And I think the torso could stand to the slimmed/tapered just a hair more...

So is the hat that bad?
plain.gif

no way, man...the hat is cool...it's just that, if i were to do it, i'd feel like a caricature of my dad...or mickey rooney...and, i don't think you have to worry about either one of those things
smile.gif

with things like hats, i think people often try to push the issue a little bit too far, for the sake of flair...and, it winds up looking forced and fake...but, if it's coming from the right place, then by all means, rock on...it's a classic look...but, like cdc says, make sure the quality is there...

and, again...great job on the shirt...here's a shirt i recently picked up from yoko devereaux that is very similar in fit and style...check out the pics to see what the stripes are supposed to look like
wink.gif

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Ludeykrus, the cap is fine, and the jacket fits very well. I like the sleeves, actually, and don't think they're too short at all, but I like to show a little more cuff than some people, I suppose.

with the dress shirt underneath, he gets away with the shorter sleeves...but, i don't think he could, if he tried to wear that jacket over a t-shirt...

idk...sport coat/suit jacket sleeve-length is something i frequently second-guess...but, i always feel more comfortable erring on the side of too long rather than too short...

you can be the judge, when my latest jacket acquisition (on which i think the sleeves are a bit too long on) makes its debut here...i hope ludeykrus enjoys the neurosis i have infected him with
smile.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
1112piczu8.jpg

fred perry ocbd
ben sherman cardigan
Unis kakhi
paul smith socks
allen edmonds 'dryden'

CDC

Reaction score
tounge.gif

Oh the ironing!
bounce2.gif

So is the hat that bad?
plain.gif

Actually, upon a second observation - it's the faux-wear boot cut denim I take issue with. I think you should stick with the pair you've got in the bike picture. I just really, really hate boot cut jeans and I always have - especially with any sort of dress shoe or sneaker.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
1112piczu8.jpg

fred perry ocbd
ben sherman cardigan
Unis kakhi
paul smith socks
allen edmonds 'dryden'

Wow, talk about no break, that's like negative break. Half of this reminds me of the residents of the proverbial Del Boca Vista, the other half thinks this is the next-level sock version of showing cuff that I would never, ever be able to pull off. But it certainly distances you from the baggy Dockers-wearing masses.

And that cardigan is excellent.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDC
Actually, upon a second observation - it's the faux-wear boot cut denim I take issue with. I think you should stick with the pair you've got in the bike picture. I just really, really hate boot cut jeans and I always have - especially with any sort of dress shoe or sneaker.

I like the Hutches quite a bit in this picture. I don't think the wash is unnatural looking. If anything, I think the Maz Dark 3D is one of the better washes on the market today, if the knees/honeycombs look natural, anyways.

I'd also say that the sleeve length is fine on the jacket. It might be 1/8" or so too short, but a lot of that is also a function of the shirt sleeves being 1/4" or so too long.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Wow, talk about no break, that's like negative break. Half of this reminds me of the residents of the proverbial Del Boca Vista, the other half thinks this is the next-level sock version of showing cuff that I would never, ever be able to pull off. But it certainly distances you from the baggy Dockers-wearing masses.

And that cardigan is excellent.

I hemmed these about ½" higher than I normally do. I'd seen some photos of Japanese "ivy league" style guys wearing khakis higher than no-break and really dig the vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads