• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'08 Nissan GT-R

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I really don't like the looks of it, those rare Supras which did not have the tail looked a lot better in my opinion.

Jon.

Yeah, I can see that. But for some people, like myself, they grew up seeing Supras a certain way. It just looks incomplete without the tail.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mizanation
how about a new version of the chevelle super sport? redesigned from the ground up?

Which is of course, Japanese.
laugh.gif

Jon.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Awesome but you still get more ***** in a Porsche.

Then again those Amerikajinda chicks might be interested...
smile.gif

Nah...those Amerikanjinda chicks prefer the Porsche too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Wow... see I thought the NSX was super generic looking.

+1 The NSX is clearly a copy cat design of the Ferrari F40.

Originally Posted by jkennett
I don't really care for the body styling on this GT-R. I agree with whomever said that it looked like a GM product. The angular body panels cheapen it in my opinion. I am glad that it is being released though, as it may force other companies to start coming out with some better cars. A new version of the Supra TT would be welcome in my garage. I'm also hoping the redesigns of the American cars turn out better in the coming years. There is a new mustang body design being released in late 2009/2010 that might be interesting as a Cobra or Saleen edition (the current one is disgusting). Right now, the only cars that are of interest to me are the 335, IS350, and G37. I realize the GT-R is much more car than the others I mentioned; however, my point is that I'm hoping it elevates the game of the other players.

+1 Just like some past cars (NSX, Lexus LS, etc.), this car will force the other brands to really step up, especially since they are charging much more for their products.

jkennett

Reaction score
how about a new version of the chevelle super sport? redesigned from the ground up?

Do you mean the Challenger? Or, maybe the new Camaro? There isn't a new Chevelle to my knowledge. I wish U.S. car companies would come out with some decent cars that might compete with the European and Japanese cars other than the Vette (which I can't stand). I really can't imagine purchasing any American car with the current selection.

mizanation

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
Do you mean the Challenger? Or, maybe the new Camaro? There isn't a new Chevelle to my knowledge. I wish U.S. car companies would come out with some decent cars that might compete with the European and Japanese cars other than the Vette (which I can't stand). I really can't imagine purchasing any American car with the current selection.

no, i mean a new chevelle super sport. like a new redesign. return of the king of american muscle cars.

jkennett

Reaction score
no, i mean a new chevelle super sport. like a new redesign. return of the king of american muscle cars.

Ohh... Sorry, I misread it earlier. I thought you meant that it was in the "works". Yeah... I'm afraid of how badly they could ruin some of the true classics that ended in the 70's. They ruined the name of Impala and Charger with their most recent models. Imagine how badly they could screw up the Chevelle, or even worse the Barracuda... I agree with your sentiment though; it would be nice if they could create a new line of really nice American muscle cars from the ground up. If I could have my pick... It'd look like a '69 Camaro SS but run on a twin turbo diesel that gets 40mpg and runs 0-60 in 5 seconds. That's my opinion on what Detroit should be working on... hah

Speaking of diesels, and relating it to the Japanese car thread. I've heard that Honda Accords are going to be available as Diesel in 2009 or so. Also, BMW is bringing out their diesels this coming year starting with the 5 series, and hopefully eventually the 320d. I'm getting on the waiting list for the 320d if it ever happens.

mizanation

Reaction score
^^^ speaking of diesel, check out this thread i made: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=735649 yeah, i would love for them to redo some of the old muscle cars (like the EL CAMINO!), but i'm also afraid that they will ******* up completely. but, i think they did pretty good with the recent mustang. i was talking to a friend of mine who does a lot of track racing and he had this to say about the GT-R:
Originally Posted by miz's friend
Yeah, that car should be a real beast. I've been keeping up on the rumors about it prior to the recent official unveiling, and it's really amazing all the technology included with the car and being able to compete with Porsche at a much lower price. Still, I think it's probably too expensive and heavy to make for a fun "track-worthy" car for most people. That's a bit unfortunate since the early GT-R's (culminating in the R32) were very sporty and driver enthusiast oriented, and ever since then they've become gradually less so (while still becoming faster with each model). So the new GT-R will probably end up being a car that mostly old rich dudes putt around in. Unfortunately in that respect it has indeed become very similar to Porsche. What's interesting about the whole thing (and something I have not really heard mentioned) is that it's really a new milestone that one of the Japanese big 3 is finally disregarding the so-called manufacturer's agreed upon "limit" of 280hp for street cars. It will probably be the first shot fired in a new HP-war among Japanese manufacturers, with Toyota and Honda potentially unveiling high HP supercars very soon. Some people seem to think this is a great thing... There's also been an insane HP shootout in both America and Europe with 400 to 500+ HP Vipers, Corvettes, Benzes, BMW's, etc. No surprise that people typically buy those cars just as status symbols and don't realize how stupid and pointless it is to have that much HP on a street car, but I guess that's the one thing that you learn from getting real driving and track experience. A Mazda Miata can be 100x more fun and rewarding than any of those cars. What's ironic is that this HP inflation phenomenon is happening at the same time as record high gas prices, war and instability in the middle east, talk of global climate change, etc. I guess excess breeds denial (or vice versa)....
smile.gif

raphael

Reaction score
The performance looks killer on paper but I have to withhold final opinion until I can actually feel the quality of the interior. I don't think too many people are going to pay $70k for a Nissan - maybe if it had been branded an infiniti, given a luxury interior and sold for $20k more. Unlike the Porsche, it's going to depreciate like there's no tomorrow.

I drive a G35 BTW... great car.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the GT-R at the Tokyo Auto show last week, it looks awesome in person.

A slight crinkle in the C-pillar and a rakishly slanted roofline were two things that pics don't do justice with.

In my opinion (a professional one at that) the GT-R is a nice cross shop if you want something besides the Cayman S. If you are a JDM fan and want to rock the Nissan, it's for you (they will sell as many as they make).

Is it a 911? No, nor is it meant to be. I'd rather have an R8 (but think GT-R + a free STI), which is totally ****, but for the money, the GT-R looks pretty good on paper.

Speaking of STI, I saw that too, it's totally rad in person. I want one in black with the gold 3-piece BBS wheels.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23

Speaking of STI, I saw that too, it's totally rad in person. I want one in black with the gold 3-piece BBS wheels.

eek.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads