• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alfred Sargents at Lands End on sale

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Just received the gibson. Great shoes definately a keeper. Fits true to sizes marked.
joy joy joy joy joy in my heart score: TrueFits 2 vs HalfSizeDowns 1

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
joy joy joy joy joy in my heart

score:

TrueFits 2 vs HalfSizeDowns 1

If you ordered your normal size, I don't think there's much reason to fret. I could wear the 9, in that the lacing held the shoe secure. But there was too much room in the toebox, which is rare for me. Sometimes I have to size up because of tightness there. But your normal size should be easily wearable, I'd guess. I just found a 1/2 size down a more ideal fit.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sized down 1/2 in the chukkas. Hope it works out, since i do prefer a snug fit for my boots.

Was planning on buying my true size come Friday but was too slow on the trigger.

morse

Reaction score
I also got the 9's, but when they were $75. I might offer them up, I'm having second thoughts about the light color...I'm wondering what they will actually go well with, or if I could just darken them.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to use the chukkas as my everyday shoes if they are comfortable enough. The crepe sole and light upper is going to get dirty anyway, I'm going to dirty them up. The crepe is very versatile, I don't have to think about if it's going to rain that day.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Sorry Tarmac what do you mean $37.50 shoes here...???

That's what this thread is about.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Alfred Sargents in the thread title..... $289 on sale for $37.50.

Tarmac.....$37.50 or not, I would not recommend wearing suede in the rain.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Son a *****. Guess I'm going to need 9.5s and a plane ticket to the Doctor's house.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the Alden Cordovan Wing Boot is the official shoe of SF, then I vote the Lands End Chukka as the official SF beater shoe
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought someone would have posted pics by now but it appears not, so here are the chukkas. Obviously they are a ridiculous good value for 37.50. They are well-made and I can definitely see these as being offered by Sargent for 150 gbp retail. My first-hand experience with Alfred Sargent extends only as far as 1 pair of BB Peals, and these look like they could easily be BB Peal offerings, which retail well into the $400s. They are quite a bright tan, and I feel they run true to size, perhaps just a hair on the large side (so please, nobody assassinate DocHolliday). Which works out perfectly for me. I *think* you should be fine whichever sizing guide you went by. The shape is very elegant, i believe the same last as the Gibsons. I got the Gibsons too, which I think are a nicer shoe overall, but at less than 1/2 the cost, not much to complain about. Both are a welcome addition to any bargain shoe closet and you definitely can't find such a sleek last with this quality at this price.
LE_chukka.jpg

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
baldy[1].gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I thought someone would have posted pics by now but it appears not, so here are the chukkas.

Obviously they are a ridiculous good value for 37.50. They are well-made and I can definitely see these as being offered by Sargent for 150 gbp retail. My first-hand experience with Alfred Sargent extends only as far as 1 pair of BB Peals, and these look like they could easily be BB Peal offerings, which retail well into the $400s.

They are quite a bright tan, and I feel they run true to size, perhaps just a hair on the large side (so please, nobody assassinate DocHolliday). Which works out perfectly for me. I *think* you should be fine whichever sizing guide you went by.

The shape is very elegant, i believe the same last as the Gibsons. I got the Gibsons too, which I think are a nicer shoe overall, but at less than 1/2 the cost, not much to complain about. Both are a welcome addition to any bargain shoe closet and you definitely can't find such a sleek last with this quality at this price.

LE_chukka.jpg

nice , very nice.

i was expecting something like Ecco to show up. those are nice indeed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads