1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alfred Sargents at Lands End on sale

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by nerdykarim, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Just received the gibson. Great shoes definately a keeper. Fits true to sizes marked.
    joy joy joy joy joy in my heart score: TrueFits 2 vs HalfSizeDowns 1

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

joy joy joy joy joy in my heart

score:

TrueFits 2 vs HalfSizeDowns 1

If you ordered your normal size, I don't think there's much reason to fret. I could wear the 9, in that the lacing held the shoe secure. But there was too much room in the toebox, which is rare for me. Sometimes I have to size up because of tightness there. But your normal size should be easily wearable, I'd guess. I just found a 1/2 size down a more ideal fit.

3. sushijerk

sushijerk Well-Known Member

Sized down 1/2 in the chukkas. Hope it works out, since i do prefer a snug fit for my boots.

Was planning on buying my true size come Friday but was too slow on the trigger.

4. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Hopefully a larger 8.5 messed up and ordered an 8, so they can sell them to me.

5. morse

morse Well-Known Member

I also got the 9's, but when they were $75. I might offer them up, I'm having second thoughts about the light color...I'm wondering what they will actually go well with, or if I could just darken them.

6. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

I'm going to use the chukkas as my everyday shoes if they are comfortable enough. The crepe sole and light upper is going to get dirty anyway, I'm going to dirty them up. The crepe is very versatile, I don't have to think about if it's going to rain that day.

7. meister

meister Senior member

I'm not even sure why I did this but do you mean these?

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/RED/ts...s/searchResult

They look cool, but we are talking about $37.50 shoes here...

Sorry Tarmac what do you mean $37.50 shoes here...???

8. jml90

jml90 Senior member

Sorry Tarmac what do you mean $37.50 shoes here...???

That's what this thread is about.

9. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

The Alfred Sargents in the thread title..... $289 on sale for $37.50.

Tarmac.....$37.50 or not, I would not recommend wearing suede in the rain.

10. 1969

1969 Senior member

Got my size 10 Chukkas. True to size. Nice shoe.

11. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Son a bitch. Guess I'm going to need 9.5s and a plane ticket to the Doctor's house.

12. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

If the Alden Cordovan Wing Boot is the official shoe of SF, then I vote the Lands End Chukka as the official SF beater shoe[​IMG]

13. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

I thought someone would have posted pics by now but it appears not, so here are the chukkas. Obviously they are a ridiculous good value for 37.50. They are well-made and I can definitely see these as being offered by Sargent for 150 gbp retail. My first-hand experience with Alfred Sargent extends only as far as 1 pair of BB Peals, and these look like they could easily be BB Peal offerings, which retail well into the $400s. They are quite a bright tan, and I feel they run true to size, perhaps just a hair on the large side (so please, nobody assassinate DocHolliday). Which works out perfectly for me. I *think* you should be fine whichever sizing guide you went by. The shape is very elegant, i believe the same last as the Gibsons. I got the Gibsons too, which I think are a nicer shoe overall, but at less than 1/2 the cost, not much to complain about. Both are a welcome addition to any bargain shoe closet and you definitely can't find such a sleek last with this quality at this price. [​IMG]

14. whacked

whacked Senior member

15. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

I thought someone would have posted pics by now but it appears not, so here are the chukkas.

Obviously they are a ridiculous good value for 37.50. They are well-made and I can definitely see these as being offered by Sargent for 150 gbp retail. My first-hand experience with Alfred Sargent extends only as far as 1 pair of BB Peals, and these look like they could easily be BB Peal offerings, which retail well into the $400s.

They are quite a bright tan, and I feel they run true to size, perhaps just a hair on the large side (so please, nobody assassinate DocHolliday). Which works out perfectly for me. I *think* you should be fine whichever sizing guide you went by.

The shape is very elegant, i believe the same last as the Gibsons. I got the Gibsons too, which I think are a nicer shoe overall, but at less than 1/2 the cost, not much to complain about. Both are a welcome addition to any bargain shoe closet and you definitely can't find such a sleek last with this quality at this price.

[​IMG]

nice , very nice.

i was expecting something like Ecco to show up. those are nice indeed.

16. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

[​IMG]

+1

I feel like I should have waited until Friday to post this thread...then things would really be interesting [​IMG]

17. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

18. LesterSnodgrass

LesterSnodgrass Senior member

Nobody unloading Chukkas in size 9???

Come on now. Don't be shy .....