• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever got in a fight?

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
And risk getting blood on my shoes...pleaaaasssse.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

laugh.gif

I can happily say I've never gotten into a fight. Deterrents > Fights for me

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
And risk getting blood on my shoes...pleaaaasssse.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

You definitely deserve the title shoe FAIRY.

Anyway, i think it's good to get in a fight or two when you're young. It's stupid past a certain age, but I can't imagine grade school without its fights. ;p

The funniest "fight" i ever got in to was over a volleyball position in grade 7 or 8. It was boys vs. girls in gym class, and we were losing. There was a rotation, and i was pretty far from going on, and this really horrible guy was gonna go on that kept costing us points, so the captain told me to take his place. So when we rotated, I ran on to the court instead of him. We got in to an argument and i told him he was causing us to lose to the GIRLS and that alex (the captain), wanted me to go on instead. The guy pushed me and i decked him (he actually went down). The gym teacher was actually a pretty cool guy about it. He saw the guy push me first, but he asked why i had to hit him. I told him "your a man, how would YOU like to lose to girls in gym class?" I can't even remember if we finished the game or not... I got off easy though. I don't think i was even sent to the principal's office.

I'm a ***** now though. I wouldn't want to get my pretty face messed up.
inlove.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
and actual hand to hand fight never But a fire fight yes about 1.5 years ago in around port hartcourt. It was one of the worst experiences that i ever had. The hospital was worse than a russian public hospital.

you gon into a gun fight in nigeria? that is a story I would like to hear.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
you gon into a gun fight in nigeria? that is a story I would like to hear.

+1

that's the sort of vacation experience you can't purchase. :p

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of firefights...I know someone who was shot by British security forces in Derry, back in the 1980's. One of his acquaintances was shot about a week later, but he did not survive.
frown.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember getting suspended during elementary school for fights--one time involving a girl's earring--an ugly thing--and another time, it involved me poking someone with a stick umbrella.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I remember getting suspended during elementary school for fights ... and another time, it involved me poking someone with a stick umbrella.

The SF equivalent of being punk.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was 7 a classmate came in one morning with a buzz cut. I never liked buzz cut so I kept on calling him buzz boy until he shoved me, and it eventually escalated into a fight.

Wile waiting for the principal I told him we should apologize in advance so we wouldn't get in as much trouble, so we did and got off with a light punishment. I was never really sorry though, I just knew it would be to my advantage.

To this day I still don't like buzz cuts.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I remember getting suspended during elementary school for fights--one time involving a girl's earring--an ugly thing--and another time, it involved me poking someone with a stick umbrella.

I recall that in middle school, some urchin ripped the silk canopy of my vintage parosol. I proceeded to cane him until physically restrained.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes. I have always had a big mouth and short temper. Once I hit 25 yo common sense caught up with me and I haven't been in one since. Confrontations, yes, but I find that when the aggressor can sense that you are really not afraid of him and will not back down, they usually find a way to back down themselves.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Where's Toyko Slim? That cat has some crazy ******* stories, last I read...

As for me, last time I got in a fight was probably around 14. Brawling in the hallway, I remember blood on my knuckles and getting slammed into a locker by this punk kid. No-one really won because kids just dragged us apart. I remember the kid threatening me with his brother and not caring, until I went to high school and found out the kid's brother was a crack dealer who used to keep a 9 mil in his old GTO beater. But nothing ever came of it.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Speaking of firefights...I know someone who was shot by British security forces in Derry, back in the 1980's. One of his acquaintances was shot about a week later, but he did not survive.
frown.gif

If it was in the 80s and they were irish, they probably deserved it. I missed an IRA bombing by about 5 minutes while i was in england once.

Jason762

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
When you carry, you can't afford the liability of getting into a fight.

Awright! A fellow firearms enthusiast. What do you carry? Someday when I'm rich (ha yeah right) I'd like a Wilson Combat Protector, all stainless.

How (if at all) does concealed carry effect your wardrobe? I remember reading a book about an FBI agent who said he had to get an extra layer of material stitched in his blazer because of the pistol rubbing through the cloth.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I recall that in middle school, some urchin ripped the silk canopy of my vintage parosol. I proceeded to cane him until physically aroused.

Now thats just plain disturbing.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Many years ago, when I was in high school, one of my best friends was the ultimate tough guy. He was one of those guys that was rather quiet, anything but a bully, but when it was time to tussle, just never quit. I swear, this story is 100% true.

So this idiot had been bothering my friend Brian for about a week. It was in Grade 10 and had to do with something that happened in metal shop class. The kid bothering him was in Grade 12 and taking metal shop for some easy credits. So Friday after school it comes to a crescendo, and Brian gets confronted by this guy and Brian beats the living tar out of him.

So like I said, it's Friday. We're over at Brian's house that night, as his parents are out. It's me, Brian, and a couple of girls, a bottle of Southern Comfort (can't believe I drank that crap) and a few j's. So there's this big pounding on the front door. Brian answers and is immediately grabbed and pulled outside when he opens the door: it's the kids dad. Brian stomps on this guy's foot and he lets go. Then Brian kicked the **** out of this kid's father!

Needless to say he was a hero for the rest of high school. Gives new meaning to: "Not only will I kick the **** out of you, I'll kick the **** out of your whole family".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads