• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your daily routine

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A bath at night is more relaxing but morning showers are more practical. I just can't wake up without one. I sweat while I sleep so taking my bath at night is about useless for the next day.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to not be able to get up in the morning without a hot shower. I literally crawled into the shower without remembering how I got there, and let the hot water wake me up.

Nowadays, I double/triple up on alarms and hit the cup of coffee as soon as I wake up. I love a hot shower in the morning, but hate taking two showers a day and refuse to climb into my clean bed after a day of funk accumulation.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yep i tend to work harder in bed at night than i do all day anyway if you know what i mean

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, I suffer badly in the mornings. I do nothing that isn't mission-critical, hence showers are always at night.

7:00am. Wrest myself violently from bed. Shave (AoS Sandalwood or Trumpers Almond/Mach3), Brush/Floss.

7:10am. Dress.

7:20am. Grab brief, keys, wallet, ID, knife, other pocket necessities. Lunch sometimes. Sometimes grab a danish or croissant if I have them in stock.

7:25am. Leave driveway. If seasonable, awaken to the cooing of a V-12 and the morning breeze. If not, continue suffering.

7:30am. Arrive at work. Check email, see to anything on my desk

7:45am. Get coffee/muffin from caf. Return to desk.

In the winter, I have to adjust my wakeup time by ten minutes to compensate for scraping the ice off my car. If I have a funny length tie that takes a second tie, or a recalcitrant cufflink, I am late. I envy pretty much everyone here.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5:00 alarm

coffee and writing practice until half after six

dress and drive

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't do that in bed! I do that in front of the computer
smile.gif

Nooooice. Make sure you swap it up, though; the five-knuckle-shuffle can really pump up that forearm.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
4:30 wake up, drink coffee, do housework, watch CNN
5:15, 5:30-ish. Run 5-8 miles
6:30-ish breakfast (shake)
shower
shave - 2 passes with a straight razor. If the running and the coffee haven't yet woken me up, the razor will.
Make the bed, if Mrs. T. has vacated it by then
Take dogs downstairs, put outside for the day
7:40-ish leave for work
8:30 arrive at work, shackle self to desk

hrvatsko

Reaction score
7:00 am cell phone alarm goes off
7:05 cell phone alarm goes off second time
7:10 cell phone alarm goes off third time
7:15 cell phone alarm goes off fourth time
7:35 i shut cell phone off and get out of bed
7:36 brush teeth while taking a leak
7:38 deodorize, moisturize, put in contact lenses
7:40 put on dirty jeans, clean shirt and socks
7:41 lace up shoes
7:42 put supplies (mini u lock, bottle of water, wallet, phone, keys) for day in my messenger bag
7:43 look around kitchen for something i can take with me to eat (banana, yogourt)
7:45 leave for work on my bike

bye4now122

Reaction score
Normal school day

6:30 alarm goes off, starts playing music from iTunes
6:35 alarm clock goes off, get out of bed
shower (body wash, then shampoo, then conditioner, let conditioner sit in hair while I wash my face and shave)
out of shower, brush/floss teeth
get dressed
deoderant and cologne (Armani Code as of late)
grab wallet cell backpack
eat breakfast
leave around 7:45

hah woo first post

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Get up when I want (I abhor alarms).

Shower when I want.

Turn on computer.

Feed my kids' f**king cats.

Start my Internetic employment which generally lasts till 1 AM or so.

2 days of 3 I go to the gym some time between 3 and 6 for two hours.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I changed my routine a bit.

9:00 or 10:00 PM - wash face with Oil Cleansing Method (1/3 olive oil, 1/3 castor oil, 1/3 grapeseed oil), tone with Thayers Rose Witch Hazel afterward.

Brush teeth, Ultra Brite toothpaste, it's cheap and they are pretty much all the same.

5:30 AM - brush teeth, shower with Salux body polish cloth and drug store body wash (currently Irish Spring), Suave shampoo, wash face with Walgreen's generic Cetaphil, put on some Proraso Pre-Shave if the mood suits me while in the shower.

Shave: use some of my oil cleansing mixture as a pre-shave oil, badger brush, shaving cream or soap, double edge razor...too many to mention. currently using Old Spice aftershave splash, plan on trying Aqua Velva Ice next. in winter use Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm instead.

Style hair with Royal Crown Hairdressing, pluck eyebrows, get dressed, add cologne, lotion on hands (currently Nivea moisturizing cream, but I usually just use udder balm).

srjrol

Reaction score
Wake up to my girlfriend performing unspeakable acts on me

Realize it was just a dream

Wake up for real 2hrs past my first class realize that I set my alarm for 7pm again instead of 7am

Turn on my monitor (my computer never gets turned off), and check my email and forum threads

Turn on the shower, and do my basic workout (40 push-ups/pull-ups/sit-ups)

Hop in the shower and brush my teeth at the same time (my friends find this odd)

Pack my bag for class and possibly go to school

p.s. I have an awesome alarm that shakes my entire bed, but for some reason I never set it correctly.
frown.gif

http://www.soundclarity.com/productd...asp_Q_id_E_708 (highly recommended)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics