• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your daily routine

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srjrol

p.s. I have an awesome alarm that shakes my entire bed, but for some reason I never set it correctly.
frown.gif

http://www.soundclarity.com/productd...asp_Q_id_E_708 (highly recommended)

<Laughs> And you wonder why you don't set it right?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Yes, I've heard Asians say that the American habit of taking showers in the morning is very odd.

I shower when I get up in the morning and again right before going to bed at night.

rents

Reaction score
i wake up, after hitting sleep on the alarm clock 2 times
turn on the shower, then brush my teeth as the shower warms up
shower
go eat breakfast and read some of the paper
go to the washroom
turn on the weather network and get dressed accordingly
go get my lunch (that I hopefully made the night before) and fill my water bottle up for the day
put the right textbooks in my bag for the day
then off to class I go... or work depending on the day

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5:30 iPhone goes off
2 snoozes
Drive to 7/11 to get The Globe and Mail
Drive to gym
Cardio, abs, swim
Shower -- Neutrogena Hair and Body Wash, MAC Shave Cream, then brush routine of peroxide/toothpaste/floss, Dove anti perspirant, and a little product.

Cologne spritz -- Floris Santal, Armani Code, Body Shop White Linen Musk currently in rotation.

Then, off to save the world.
smile.gif

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6:30 alarm goes off
6:45 radio goes off
7:00 iPhone goes off

depending on what time i really have to be at work

6:50 - 8:00 get out of bed. let's say 7:30
7:30 head to the bathroom, take a leak
7:32 turn on shower, water is hot instantly. always washing face with either Dan Kern cleanser or men-u ultra concentrate tea tree oil. usually not shampooing hair (do it at night if i do it), scrubbing body with any cheap shower gel
7:40 leave shower, stepping on my new bathmat, usually fairly alert but can be groggy, brush teeth, apply baxter of california plant moisturizer, and lab series for men acne gel if necessary
7:45 make quick protein shake, usually including flaxseed. on weekdays i have no interest in eggs, bacon, anything like that for breakfast. but i can always enjoy a quick shake.
7:50 find clothes to wear, shoes, collect Filsn, book, magazine, ipod, and the four necessary items: card holder, cash clip, iphone, watch
8:00 leave for the train

drainpipe

Reaction score
It's summer so I wake up, start the coffee, check my emails, start the toast, prepare my coffee and almond butter toasted sandwich for breakfast, and start the movie that I downloaded the day before. I decided I'd watch a &quot;good&quot; movie a day while I have the free time. Today was Brazil, yesterday was The Breakfast Club, tomorrow will be There Will Be Blood.

batorizer

Reaction score
brazil is pretty awesome and there will be blood is currently my favorite movie, good picks.

on weekdays, I get up at 5, shower. Then turn on the tv, which goes right to cheaters. If cheaters doesn't suck me in, I switch it to the news and check styleforum. Get dressed, deoderant, teeth, hair and then leave by 6.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 pm start writing

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
5 pm start writing

JA, didn't you used to right first thing in the morning? what happened? jsut curious

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Wake up at 5:45am and turn on the coffee maker with my special African blend coffee.

Drink a cup of water and fall asleep until 6:00am

Wake up, drink 2 cups of green tea, rinse my mouth with Listerine.

Hit the gym until 6:45 - run 5km and some light lifting.

Come back, brush my teeth, floss, shower etc.

Get dressed, and face another day.

...ok I keep telling myself that's what tommorow is going to be like but I keep getting closer I swear
laugh.gif

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Cool thing somebody bumped this. I was just about to start a thread on the same topic. Anyway, here's my daily routine:

1. Wake up.
  2. Lie in bed half-awake while I hear the morning news, fall asleep and wake up again half an hour to an hour later, when my third, fourth or fifth "final" alarm has been buzzing for a while and realize I'm running late, again.
  3. Crawl out of bed and into the bathroom.
  4. Brush teeth.
  5. Take a leak.
  6. If time enough and/or a shave is due (every 1-5 days or so, depending on what I will do that day (i.e. any important meetings, dates, etc.) and how tired I am in the morning).
    1. Wash face with water.
    2. Apply shaving gel/foam.
    3. Shave (with Mach 3 razor).
  7. Enter shower.
    1. Wash hair with cheap, general store shampoo.
    2. Wash body with cheap, general store body lotion/body soap.
    3. Apply cheap, general store conditioner (if time, let it sit in for a while before rinsing).
    4. Wash face with facial cleanser (currently Boss gray/blue-gray thingie).
    5. Wash face with facial scrub (currently Boss gray/blue-gray thingie, only every 7 days or so).
  8. Leave shower and realize I forgot to bring a towel into the bathroom.
  9. Walk around apartment, dripping wet, trying to locate a clean towel.
  10. Dry hair with towel.
  11. If time, dry body with towel.
  12. Put on boxer and socks.
  13. Apply deodorant or antiperspirant.
  14. Take vitamins and omega 3 while drying and locating my clothes for the day.
  15. If time, make a protein shake and possibly some breakfast.
  16. Get dressed.
  17. Consume protein shake.
  18. Apply face moisturizer.
  19. Apply hair wax.
  20. Put on outerwear and shoes.
  21. Grab breakfast, and any other items I need to bring (i.e. bag, bacpack, etc.) and run to catch the bus.

In the evening I sometimes take a shower and/or wash my face with cleanser again, but I tend to forget this or not be bothered. Only step I never skip is brushing my teeth before bed.

I am curious, I prefer to shave before showering, since then I don't have to wash my face twice (to get rid of shaving gel/foam), but after shaving, washing with facial cleanser tends to sting a bit. How do you normally do this? Do you cleanse the face before or after shaving? And if using a scrub, when do you do that?

aleeboy

Reaction score
7.30 - First alarm goes off. Hit Snooze
7.35 - Have a DVD quality dream involving several ladies and a leprechaun
7.40 - Utter profanities due to the disturbance. Hit snooze again hoping to get back into it
7.45 - Images of "The Hoff" enter my mind in DVD quality. Jump out of bed and straight to the bathroom
7.46 - Run the water in the shower.
- Shave my mug (Braun electric)
- Load the toothbrush with paste and jump in shower
- After brushing teeth, shampoo hair
- Wash face (Lab Series)
- Douche my bod
- Utter more profanities coz I forgot the towel
-
7.50 - apply moisturiser (am: Lab Series)
7.50'30 - Blow dry my hair
7.51 - Apply styling wax (Instant Rockstar or Redken)
7.53 - Get dressed
8.00 - 8.30 - Breakfast (cereal with scoop of protein + milk and some fruit)
- Discovery channel
Then it's off to the office. I sometimes leave at 8.40, if I need to take a dump.

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleeboy
7.35 - Have a DVD quality dream involving several ladies and a leprechaun

Have you considered upgrading your neural network? Most people dream in HD these days.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads