• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MJK x SF Hoodie...

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the cardigan or vertical pockets. Pockets on hoodies should be handwarmers. It's awkward to warm your hands in vertical pockets.

I think traditional hoodie pockets would work (i.e. slanted patch pockets).

Big ostentatious buttons like those look ridiculously feminine. I'd prefer inconspicuous snaps -- more utilitarian, durable, and easier to do and undue with one hand.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Yes on either color.

Originally Posted by ken
I'm not seeing the cardigan or vertical pockets. Pockets on hoodies should be handwarmers. It's awkward to warm your hands in vertical pockets.

I think traditional hoodie pockets would work (i.e. slanted patch pockets).

+1, with the additional caveat that I'm not seeing the need for pockets at all. I think it would be better without them.

Another idea: can we add an extra button up at the beginning of the hood itself? Think the EG raglan hoodies, which can button up a little extra high, either to help protect your neck from the cold or to help with layering underneath a jacket with a stand-up collar.

On the buttons in general, I agree that I'm not a fan of large and conspicuous buttons. Smaller buttons, in maybe a slightly contrasting color? E.g. if the piece is in charcoal, the buttons could be a medium gray? I'd rather not a button color like black or brown, since that forces you to commit to layering the piece under a matching color of outerwear and limits versatility.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the charcoal one with the pockets... pretty much how the first page pic looks like.

id be in for one proabably... id like to see some fit pics though first.

Double D

Reaction score
A charcoal size 34 and I'm sold, been trawling for a decent jacket/hoody in charcoal for a while now.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking through the button catalog really quick and these popped out at me. I have to call to see what they all are made of. Number 1 looks metal, but not sure about the other ones. I was thinking jet might like the last option...
button1.jpg
button2.jpg
button3.jpg

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
You know you could just line it with the same fabric in the other colour and make it reversible. Then you have a nice colour blend on the inner part of the hood. This will probably jack up the price and make it horribly heavy. Just a thought...

Yeah, that would make the price more like $250 and we would be afraid to run to layers of thick thermal through the serger
plain.gif

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
button3.jpg

pwn 2 looks like horn/plastic, 3 and 4 look like wood? Snaps don't sound like a bad idea, but they might have trouble with the fabric weight. You'd know better than I would, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics