MJK x SF Hoodie...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by michaeljkrell, Sep 19, 2007.

1. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

For the heavierweight knits we would prefer buttons...

We could also put a toggle or another button high up on the neck like sauce suggested...

2. metkirk

metkirk Senior member

It'd be nice if the hoodie has some kind of lining, possible?

3. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

We can line it in a jersey, the price would just go up to $150 - $160.

4. brimley

brimley Senior member

For me, no pockets would be a deal breaker. They don't need to be functional enough to hold something other than my hands. I like the vertical orientation, but diagonal would also work. No cardigan pockets please.

I like the first two buttons. I would also be interested in seeing something in a subtle copper or dark red. I also like the idea of a button or keeper on the hood level, provided it can be done without adding bulk.

Both the charcoal and the evergreen thermal look really good. Not sure about the lining.

5. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

yeah i def want those pockets as they are... looks very unique and having no pockets is just worthless in the winter.

i like the buttons in the original picture or the 1 button. i dont really care about lining the hoody though.

6. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Some really good ideas have been thrown in here.

I like the toggle idea at neck level as an extra detail. Copper buttons go along with my "antique" idea; speaking of buttons, I'd prefer to have them about the same size or larger than our "model." Any smaller and we'll be heading towards cardigan territory.

Pockets are a must in my book and I wonder how they'd look slanted with flaps.

I like leaving the lining optional as it seems like it'd leave more possibility to layer underneath even on cool days.

7. 1969

1969 Senior member

Put me down for a medium charcoal, pending final specs.

8. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Copper buttons would be ace with the charcoal... not so much with the evergreen.

If people want pockets, I agree that slanted (with or without flaps) is best. Personally, I think I'd prefer flaps. I'm not sure what people use their hoodie pockets for, since if it's cold enough to actually want to shelter my hands, I'm wearing another layer over the hoodie, and if it's not... it's not. But I could definitely get down with slant pockets. I just don't like the vertical, and I don't think I'd like horizontal (agreed on it traveling too far into Cardigan Country).

Also don't see the need for lining--personally, I'd like it better without.

9. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

I'm curious about the pockets in regard to the weight and type of material. Since this is going to be made of thermal material, won't it be rather stretchy. When I put my hands in my pockets I tend to let them hang, so I'd be worried about distressing and stretching the thermal material. Those with more thermal hoodie experience please edumacate me.

If there is distressing going on, instead of putting the pockets in the tradition marsupial pouch position, how about higher vertically, like hand warmers?

10. ken

ken Banned by Request

I'm not sure what people use their hoodie pockets for, since if it's cold enough to actually want to shelter my hands, I'm wearing another layer over the hoodie, and if it's not... it's not.

And where exactly am I supposed to put my weed?

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I would definitely get one (if you ever make a size 42). Slight preference for army green but grey is cool too.

12. whodini

Copper buttons would be ace with the charcoal... not so much with the evergreen.

If people want pockets, I agree that slanted (with or without flaps) is best. Personally, I think I'd prefer flaps. I'm not sure what people use their hoodie pockets for, since if it's cold enough to actually want to shelter my hands, I'm wearing another layer over the hoodie, and if it's not... it's not. But I could definitely get down with slant pockets. I just don't like the vertical, and I don't think I'd like horizontal (agreed on it traveling too far into Cardigan Country).

Also don't see the need for lining--personally, I'd like it better without.

Do you ever have an original idea? [​IMG]

As far as hoodie pockets, SOME of us need a place with easy access to a flask. I'm surprised you don't use your hoodie pockets considering your jean and jacket pockets are normally overflowing with rosaries, AA meeting cards, kittens, and sunshine.

13. whodini

And where exactly am I supposed to put my weed?
    Nice.

14. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I really like that charcoal thermal. I would vastly prefer pockets just because a hoodie without pockets feels off to me. I kind of like the vertical welt pockets in that first picture.

15. eqpablon

eqpablon Senior member

I am a definite yes. I prefer the Charcoal. I will watch this thread/forum for pricing/payment news so I can order mine [​IMG]