• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling USA Trunk Show Schedule October 2007

iyorito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
What's the turnaround on MTO? I may have to attempt a day-trip to NY for this. Plus, I'd love to meet Tony.

Dear GQgeek,

Turnaround time for MTO is about 5 to 6 month. We apologise we cannot
include Montreal/Toronto at this time.

Best regards,

Masaichi Hasegawa

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iyorito
Dear Artisan Fan,

Thank you for your post! To include Atlanta in the October trip is not possible, but we would definitely look in to it for the future trunk shows. Do you mind sending an email to Tony?

Best regards,

Masaichi Hasegawa

I would be happy to. I'll email Tony tomorrow.
smile.gif

iyorito

Reaction score
On the MTO side, we will be able to present a few patterns for side gusset shoes and boots. Unfortunately, the prduction of these would not start until late January, therefore the turnaround time would be more like 7 months if one places an order in October.

Regards,

Masaichi Hasegawa

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Masaichi, thank you for the information on the trunk shows.

Doesl G&G work with shell cordovan? any plans to add that eventually?

iyorito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Masaichi, thank you for the information on the trunk shows.

Doesl G&G work with shell cordovan? any plans to add that eventually?

Dear Cantabrigian,

We do work with cordovan for sure with bespoke, but must check for the benchmade. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Masa

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As there are plans for a German trunk show, will you and Tony be going as far afield as Italy? Specifically Napoli? I think there may be some interested people.

iyorito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
As there are plans for a German trunk show, will you and Tony be going as far afield as Italy? Specifically Napoli? I think there may be some interested people.

I only do the trunk show in Tokyo. Tony may do some place in Italy but Naples is highly unlikely.

Regards,

Masaichi

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage

Not to knock G&G -- I love the shoes -- but why would there be interest in Italy, given all the competitively priced bespoke, MTO, and RTW options?

AZTEC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Not to knock G&G -- I love the shoes -- but why would there be interest in Italy, given all the competitively priced bespoke, MTO, and RTW options?

Don't underestimate the anglophilia there...

AZTEC

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
What are the limits of MTO? Is it limited to styles in the RTW range? How wide is the selection of leathers?

Anyone? I read through some of the old threads and couldn't find anything. Not that I need to spend $900 on shoes, but...

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Anyone? I read through some of the old threads and couldn't find anything. Not that I need to spend $900 on shoes, but...

Simple really. There is no RTW range. Everything is MTO. You choose the style from their catalog, last, leather(s) and color. They make the shoe for you.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, they don't have RTW they only do MTO.

You choose the last, leather, sole type and style. I have no idea to what extent they will deviate from / amend the styles shown on the website.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics