• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling USA Trunk Show Schedule October 2007

iyorito

Reaction score
Dear members of Style Forum,

We are delighted to inform you that Tony Gaziano and Dean Girling will be visiting the United States of America with our Made-To-Order and bespoke exhibition. We would like to invite you to come along and view our range of samples and leathers. In addition to our previous display we have many new bespoke models to display along with a few new leathers.

If you are interested in making an appointment please contact Tony Gaziano by e-mail at [email protected] or call +44 1536 511022.

When making an appointment please let us know which service you are interested in so that we can organise our schedule accordingly, please also refrain from contacting the hotel outside the dates stated below, as they may not be aware of the show.

Tony Gaziano will be visiting:-

Los Angeles
Beverley Wilshire
9500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills
CA 90212
Tel: 310 275 5200

Thursday the 4th October 9am-5pm

San Francisco
The Huntington Hotel
1075 California street
San Francisco, CA 94108
Tel: 415 474 5400

Friday the 5th October 9am-6pm
Saturday the 6th October 9am-12noon

Tony Gaziano and Dean Girling will be visiting:-

New York
Lowes Regency Hotel
540 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10021
Tel: 212-759.4100

Monday the 8th October 9am-7pm
Tuesday the 9th October 9am-7pm
Wednesday the 10th October 9am-7pm

Jon Green fine custom tailors (private show)
Please contact Jon Green for an appointment.
24 East 71st street
New York, NY 10021
Tel: 212-861-9611
[email protected]

Thursday the 11th October 10am- 4pm

Dean Girling will be visiting:-

Washington DC
The George Town Inn
1310 Wisconsin Avenue NW
Washington DC 20007
Tel: 202-333-8900

Friday the 12th October 9am-6pm
Saturday the 13th October 9am-12noon

Boston
Four Seasons Hotel
200 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
Tel: 617 338 4400

Monday the 15th October 9am- 4pm

We hope you find the time to be able to attend.

Sincerely yours,

Gaziano & Girling Limited

arenn

Reaction score
Why, oh why, won't they come to Chicago? Please, please, please.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Being that I am too lazy to do a search, what is the exact price of the MTO and shoe trees? I will probably make my way down to Washington.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Thanks StockwellDay

ragdoll

Reaction score
I'd love a visit to Chicago from G&G.
frown.gif

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how much their RTW line runs?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartort
does anyone know how much their RTW line runs?

See post #4 of this thread.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont think their RTW are worth considering. It is as unremarkable as any other bench made shoes.
I hope they'll start making nice boots. I have not seen anything I liked in that department.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I dont think their RTW are worth considering. It is as unremarkable as any other bench made shoes.
I hope they'll start making nice boots. I have not seen anything I liked in that department.

I respectfully disagree and will be at the Four Seasons to put my money where my mouth is.

When I examined them at the CSE last March(?), they seemed much more refined than any RTW I've had experience with, the closest being perhaps Vass, especially the waist. Different strokes, I guess. Didn't hurt, I suppose, that the fit was right on.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz

I can't imagine the reason for which you make this claim other than to stir the pot. Not only do they have styles that aren't offered by any other RTW brand, such as diamond caps, but the shoes have excellent construction qualities.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I can't imagine the reason for which you make this claim other than to stir the pot. Not only do they have styles that aren't offered by any other RTW brand, such as diamond caps, but the shoes have excellent construction qualities.

I looked at their website representation of RTW line.
At the price point for RTW (400-500.00 lbs) I don't see any added value in them. Actually I dislike their RTW lasts pretty much universally.

Now MTO lasts are completely different story. The MTO lasts are all attractive, imo.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zjpj, thanks, but #4s post was about MTO, I was inquiring about RTW. Are you saying perhaps that RTW is 455 and MTO is 455 as well during trunk shows?

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I see a bunch of haters here. I'm incredibly confused about the dislike of the RTW lasts, but liking the MTO lasts. Assuming there is RTW (I understand they are going to be stocked somewhere in the UK and Europe), these are the same lasts. As of the last time I spoke with Dean (and the website doesn't say anything to the contrary) Gaziano & Girling shoes are not available RTW in the US (where I believe the original poster is from).

MTO should be distinguished from bespoke. MTO gives you the ability to select the model you like, and the color, last, size, and any details you may want modified (for example, no seam on the heel counter). It is not bespoke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads