• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling USA Trunk Show Schedule October 2007

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Anyone? I read through some of the old threads and couldn't find anything. Not that I need to spend $900 on shoes, but...

They have a pretty extensive selection of leathers for MTO. I believe all the colors offered are on their brochure or website. There is an additional swatch book of premium stuff only for bespoke. Since I didn't order bespoke, I didnt' bother taking a look. MTO are those style on the website. As mentioned, not really RTW because they have to make the shoes for you when you order.

They are good about letting you add details to particular "stock" models. For example, I chose their "Hayes" model but put a cap toe on it, got rid of the medallion, and asked them to add broguing to the quarters. I basically just kept the adelaide and selected the last the Hayes is on. Can't wait to get it. Additionally, they measure your foot and can make slight adjustments to the fit. For example, I got my left foot in a D fitting, while the right is on E.

itsraylamb

Reaction score
No Chicago? Please, I am good for a few pair. It is an easy flight from NYC on your way to San Fran.

Harrydog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Again I might be wrong. If MTO lasts from their website are in fact exactly the same as RTW lasts then I retract my comment.
Currently if one would go to their Web page and click Shoes->RTW one would be presented with a range of shoes that are clearly different from what you see on MTO page.

Not true. If you click the "bench-made" you get a variety of styles. If you click "Made to order", you first get a picture of some leather swatches, then "last designs" gives you top down views of the exact same shoes shown under "bench made."

As I understand it, there is only made to order or bespoke as options.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AZTEC
Don't underestimate the anglophilia there...

AZTEC

It's just that they have so many options at much lower prices.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the shoes ordered in April expected to be delivered before the October trunk show?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Are the shoes ordered in April expected to be delivered before the October trunk show?

Supposedly. I was quoted some time in September, and that if I had any fit problems, they could work with me when G&G came back in October. Assuming I don't have any fit issues, I don't care if they are a little late since I know how backed up they are. I know some folks on here got pretty livid when the ETA was missed by a couple/few weeks.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Supposedly. I was quoted some time in September, and that if I had any fit problems, they could work with me when G&G came back in October. Assuming I don't have any fit issues, I don't care if they are a little late since I know how backed up they are. I know some folks on here got pretty livid when the ETA was missed by a couple/few weeks.
I didn't even ask for an ETA and can't remember if one was mentioned so I'm pretty chill.

Actually it's probably best that I not be tempted to buy another pair.

I just imagine that they'd want to get them out before that so people could re-order at the trunk show.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't even ask for an ETA and can't remember if one was mentioned so I'm pretty chill.

Actually it's probably best that I not be tempted to buy another pair.

I just imagine that they'd want to get them out before that so people could re-order at the trunk show.

Good point, and I would expect that as well. But more than one $1000+ shoe purchase in a year is a bit rich for my blood anyway. My G&Gs are going to have to tide me over until I can save my change...

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've really upgraded their website; has anyone seen it lately? Very cool!

iyorito

Reaction score
Masaichi, thank you for the information on the trunk shows.

Doesl G&G work with shell cordovan? any plans to add that eventually?

Unfortunately on the MTO, we need to buy the skins in a bulk, so unless there is an order from a retailer (10 pairs or more) it is unlikely to accept any MTO orders in shell cordovan.

With bespoke, no problem.

Masaichi Hasegawa
GG

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iyorito
Unfortunately on the MTO, we need to buy the skins in a bulk, so unless there is an order from a retailer (10 pairs or more) it is unlikely to accept any MTO orders in shell cordovan.

Masaichi Hasegawa
GG

Oh man... The London Lounge should have consulted G&G with the cordovan balmoral boot project. Now THAT would have been a nice dress boot.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iyorito

Masaichi Hasegawa
GG

Thank you for looking into that.

I'd be surprised if you didn't see demand for 10 pairs of shoes in brown shell cordovan and 10 in burgundy especially if you advertised that option. But I imagine that you guys know the market a lot better than I do (to say the least).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads