• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Request for recs- Jeans for the uncool and unthin??

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you guys help me please! Sorry for the newbie-ish question but I am hopeless with streetware and need some advice.

I rarely wear jeans except to take my kid to the park. Yesterday he took a picture of me and upon seeing it I was horrified to find that:

I was wearing floods!
I look terrible in jeans!
I am getting old!

Yikes!!!:

I came home and tossed out the decade-old Levi 505's (and the decade-old J. Crew jacket) that I had been wearing and will head out in a few hours to buy some new jeans.

My plan is to head in to APC and see what looks good...but being in Japan i have a lot of great options here.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

apocalypse later

Reaction score
I would highly reccomend checking the "What Are You Wearing Now" thread at the top of the page. That's where I got a few ideas for my wardrobe. But it's just ideas, some of those guys spend $300+ on a pair of jeans and $200+ on a hoodie. That's fine, but that's not me. I'm fine with a pair of $40 Gap jeans and a $24 American Apparel Hoodie.

Just remember that when buying jeans, fit and cut is much more important than brand name.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
think "selvage"
smile.gif
Since you're in Japan, how about Studio d'Artisan? http://www.dartisan.co.jp/jeans.html

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
waru sou ja arimasen ga, jinzu ha chotto nagai ne? Samurai jinzu ha takainoni, roku getsu goro hiitara, totemo ii sou da to omoimasu. takusan no "thread" ga arimasu kedo, yomeba, iin desu.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
waru sou ja arimasen ga, jinzu ha chotto nagai ne? Samurai jinzu ha takainoni, roku getsu goro hiitara, totemo ii sou da to omoimasu. takusan no "thread" ga arimasu kedo, yomeba, iin desu.

おもしろい 日本語 だなー

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Anything too flashy will look out of place, given your maturity. I'd go for the APC Rescue: they're reasonably priced, minimalist/smart and a very comfortable, relaxed straight fit.

JDG3

Reaction score
I would suggest a pair of apc rescues, they are just a nice pair of straight leg jeans. But with you being in japan go and check out some eternals, samurai or some iron hearts.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
おもしろい 日本語 だなー
Nihongo no gakusei desu... itsumo renshuushitahou ga ii desu yo! totemo muzukashii !! nihongo de kaitai kedo, doko ni porogramu o kau ka shirimasen

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
Nihongo no gakusei desu... itsumo renshuushitahou ga ii desu yo! totemo muzukashii !! nihongo de kaitai kedo, doko ni porogramu o kau ka wakarimasen.

すごい ですね! がんばってね。。。 
laugh.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be the coolest daddy at the playground with these (and buy them with a long enough inseam so you can stack them): Only ¥18,690(税込み)!
d1324up2d6d95dly1.jpg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Be the coolest daddy at the playground with these (and buy them with a long enough inseam so you can stack them):

Only ¥18,690(税込み)!

d1324up2d6d95dly1.jpg

Pigs on ******, eh?
laugh.gif

I like the SDA suggestions, though. Any idea where I would find some in Kobe? Beams or something like that?

If not, I could head to the flagship store in Osaka next week. It seems to be near my office.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads