• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why I Hate NYU

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Grapist
As a NYU undergrad, and soon to be Alum, I can tell you that this is not true. The girls that say this are either 1) no prize to begin with, 2) not looking hard enough, or 3) just aren't looking.

Ah. Seeing as you are there, I'll trust you. No offense meant by the way - despite the title, I don't prejudge people based on their alma mater! God knows if I did so it would be the height of hypocrisy - 'Deis has more negative stereotypes than almost any college in the US - except Duke.

Duke sucks!
devil.gif

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Grapist
As a NYU undergrad, and soon to be Alum, I can tell you that this is not true. The girls that say this are either 1) no prize to begin with, 2) not looking hard enough, or 3) just aren't looking.

I agree with this ****** guy. I've partied there a few times and I must say I prefer Columbia's laydeez.

mwrenchd

Reaction score
ugh, you must be looking through some seriously ivy-colored glasses then. As someone who has attended both schools, I feel comfortable saying the girls at NYU are far better eye candy compared to the dumpiness found a few miles uptown.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I am, but I found that the women at NYU were rather vapid. There were like one or two good ones. Columbia was a taco party. I'm guessing the good ones at NYU go to supercool things outside of campus.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by monkey dog
Not to get off topic, but why the hate on duke?

It's a Fark thing. Duke sucks.

The Grapist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
Perhaps I am, but I found that the women at NYU were rather vapid. There were like one or two good ones. Columbia was a taco party. I'm guessing the good ones at NYU go to supercool things outside of campus.

Yes they do. That would be me, as I live outside of campus.
wink.gif

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
My friend used to go to nyu and all of his female friends on campus were pretty subpar. I was very dissapointed in seeing slightly overweight girls in american eagle garb when i went to a party with those people. I might as well have stayed in florida for that.
QFT I'm pretty sure that Grapist is right.

mwrenchd

Reaction score
Your friends must be nerds. Maybe it's just the young neighborhood talent that I mistook for NYU students, but the sightseeing in, say Washington Square, is far superior to that in Riverside Park.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Scott's Blog delights style
senses with strange new ideas
that said, this guy sucks

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
Scott's Blog delights style senses with strange new ideas that said, this guy sucks
*golf clap* I hung out with some kids from NYU and they were all pretty hip and attractive. Definitely the kind of thing that I'm into, although I would probably go with Parson's, SVA or RISD in terms of east coast private schools. RISD in particular had some amazing girls who were so dedicated to the art of sexiness that they wore incredibly short miniskirts on Halloween in sub 30 weather, and walked up and down the hilly streets instead of taking public trans. To add to that, aside from the fact that for the most part RI sucks, I really like the Brown/RISD area. It's a fun place, isolated and college-y like Isla Vista but not permanently stuck in an episode of the Real World.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads