• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why I Hate NYU

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
It really bugs me when people have such violent reactions to what fashionable/hipster guys wear (this guy is a 'hipster' right?).

And how do we know he's smug and arrogant? and aren't we all being exactly that by mocking him and making snarky remarks?

I know hundreds of people who wouldn't flinch to mock everyone here's style, how is that different?

Sorry for the holier than thou bit.
I used to mock guys like this all the time.
Now, I try to ignore what clique people can be categorized in, and have make some really cool friends I never would have talked to before.

The forum's name: Style.
We spend our time judging it.
And look at that hair!

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
At the same time I think yea he can fix his hair up, but its also kinda like saying hey that mans dressed really well but his face looks pretty ugly or something

It would be just like that... if the guy could reshape his face at will.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
The forum's name: Style. We spend our time judging it. And look at that hair!
The hair is like something tragic found in any number of those Vice Do's & Dont's. But I believe I may have seen the same dyed red hair on the fat mall Goth smoking Cloves in the parking lot, next to her 10 year old Honda.

Max

Reaction score
Chill out. You guys spend $350 on jeans that stretch, shrink and fade every which way and spend way too much money buying japanese clothing that's too small for you to wear with your ridiculous work boots.

This guy dyes his hair.

You're just jealous he caught Mr. Schuman's eye.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
Chill out. You guys spend $350 on jeans that stretch, shrink and fade every which way and spend way too much money buying japanese clothing that's too small for you to wear with your ridiculous work boots.

This guy dyes his hair.

Hmmm... not sure why, maybe it was your use of the word "ridiculous", but I suddenly got an image of you as one of the French guys in Monty Python's Holy Grail. "Now shut up or I veel haf to taunt you and your reedeculus jeans again!"

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
The hair is like something tragic found in any number of those Vice Do's & Dont's. But I believe I may have seen the same dyed red hair on the fat mall Goth smoking Cloves in the parking lot, next to her 10 year old Honda.
Don't hate the cloves.
Random015.jpg

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's intended to look unnatural. I don't have a problem with it, though I don't think it looks that great here. Wearing women's clothes and trying for androgyny like this is honestly weakly affected and not very interesting (and rather dull), but it doesn't bother me that much. Save the hate for Bressonalike, guys.

Goblin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max

This guy dyes his hair.

Max ain't got the biggest breasteses but he writes all the best disses

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Max is like the scorned middle child, the one that gets ignored because he's not the youngest or the oldest. It's cute when he gets all mad on the intrawebz.

Guy in the pic is still a faggo.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
It's intended to look unnatural. I don't have a problem with it, though I don't think it looks that great here. Wearing women's clothes and trying for androgyny like this is honestly weakly affected and not very interesting (and rather dull), but it doesn't bother me that much. Save the hate for Bressonalike, guys.

Bressonalike is much too generous a term to be applied with any notions of irony, whether slightly serious or slightly not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads