• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the deal with this guy in the bathroom? (Public Bathroom Etiquette)

kraands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by insomb
is it possible it is the janitor signaling to another janitor/supervisor that the stall has been cleaned? solving the squeaky door is also possible. test the door and see if it squeaks.

Nah, that's not as fun.
laugh.gif

Usul

Reaction score
Did you ever see/read "A Scanner Darkly"? You must surveil yourself, the paperer is you.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That movie was overrated. Waking Life was awesome.

Anyway, the message is still there like nine hours later. I wonder if it will stay overnight and be cleaned by the people who go in there at 6. All I know is I am going to get my hair cut at 5:30 and it is going to come out crooked as a neckpoint on a vintage A&S because I am shaking so badly on this.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy ******* **** i just figured it out!!!

its you!!!

tumblr_ld4vh9yfRg1qbogpyo1_500.jpg

+

TTFightClub.png

=

fightclub.jpg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
its now past 5:00 and nobody has dared touch the stall that I papered

Mr Pelican Pants

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
I gave it a try...thought maybe it would be fun
07122011_001.jpg

It wasn't entertaining enough to justify a daily regimen

Judging by that weak-ass folding job, you're just not psycho enough for this gig.
smile.gif

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would clearly tell him if it had been used in his absence - when the door is opened it will fall to the floor, most people probably do not pick it up from the floor, and certainly wouldn't replace it.
How this benefits him, beyond some kind of fetish, I am not sure. Perhaps he only likes to use toilets he knows no one else has used and 'primes' several around the building every morning to guarantee he has a supply of un-violated cubicles for his use.
Of course this presumes they are cleaned every night, or at least that there are enough cubicles to plausably get him through between cleanings.

In old spy novels the protagonist would often stick a single hair, using a bit of saliva, between the door and door frame of their hotel room when they go out for a bit of espionage. If the hair has fallen they would know if someone had been in their room. Perhaps he is a rather clumsy John Le Carre fan.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bathroom habits - one of the many reasons why I do not miss corporate America.

No it's not OK if you don't flush, blow your nose directly into the sink, and clip your toe nails at work leaving them on the floor for the janitor to sweep up.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I don't even understand how or why you would do that. Is there any advantage at all to putting paper there? When you open the door, it will fall down, right? And the paper can only be put in from outside...

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysc
It would clearly tell him if it had been used in his absence - when the door is opened it will fall to the floor, most people probably do not pick it up from the floor, and certainly wouldn't replace it.
How this benefits him, beyond some kind of fetish, I am not sure. Perhaps he only likes to use toilets he knows no one else has used and 'primes' several around the building every morning to guarantee he has a supply of un-violated cubicles for his use.
Of course this presumes they are cleaned every night, or at least that there are enough cubicles to plausably get him through between cleanings.

In old spy novels the protagonist would often stick a single hair using a bit of saliva between the door and door frame of their hotel room when they go out for a bit of espionage. If the hair has fallen they would know if someone had been in their room. Perhaps he is a rather clumsy John Le Carre fan.

ding ding ding!!

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
ding ding ding!!

Doesn't make sense though. pB said the same stall is re-done later in the same day. As you can see in one of his pics, there are 3 wads of paper in the same stall, from the same day. The stall has been used by others and the Wadsmith doesn't care.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
its a secret society thing. i've seen the same exact thing in lion's club meetings.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads