• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robasaurus
IMG_0083.jpg

The fit of that jacket is just aggressive enough to balance out the old-fashioned looking fabric, keeping it quite modern in appearance. Fun!
Originally Posted by TTO

Are the trousers seersucker? If so, I'm not sure they go with that tie; something navy-ish would be better. The same top half with tan/khaki coloured trousers (even brown seersucker) would be fun though. Always enjoy your pics, keep 'em coming! I have absolutely no idea what unconscious impulse caused me to pose like this... must be feeling in an expansive mood
laugh.gif

KMr7U.jpg

JG000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robasaurus
End of a long day, crappy iPhone pics... ironic, as I just returned from a photography class.

IMG_0083.jpg

Beautiful SC!! If I may ask: brand, price, where purchased, etc??

I'm in the market for those type of jackets myself.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
1138647486_57VEW-O.jpg

- B

Isn't this an old picture? I remember a discussion going on about whatever you are drinking--a Negroni wasn't it? Or maybe it is just the same restaurant. Feeling some deja vu.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
94dfe394.jpg

28af4201.jpg

b02af1c2.jpg

0e1a4307.jpg

Spoo, since you're at my service now
smile.gif
, I'm requesting that you continue to take your photos outside instead of in the sun/playroom. The backlighting obscures color and fit details.

robasaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EFV
I really like this. The SC is spot on, great fit and lovely pattern. As I really need glasses but don't like the ones I got (which leads my vain ass to go through the world half blind) I would like to know what brand those are, as they look like the kind I would be going for.

The glasses are Paul Smith sunglasses from S/S '09 that I put photochromatic lenses in. I got them to replace a pair of Wayfarers because the Paul Smith frames are logo-free and have a slightly different shape that I have yet to see on anyone else.

Originally Posted by Achillus
I think the are Non-Prescription glasses. Most of the frames got two dots on the side of the glasses for recognizing, but i might be wrong thought.

I may look like a hipster, but I actually need these to see...

Originally Posted by Holdfast
The fit of that jacket is just aggressive enough to balance out the old-fashioned looking fabric, keeping it quite modern in appearance. Fun!

Thanks, Holdfast! Most of my clothes aren't actually that trim-fitting on me - I'm just really thin!
laugh.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Spoo, since you're at my service now
smile.gif
, I'm requesting that you continue to take your photos outside instead of in the sun/playroom. The backlighting obscures color and fit details.

I agree 100% - but you explain that to Mrs. Spoo while running late for work and packing up BabySpoo in the car for a doctors appt. Im lucky she took the pics at all
laugh.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO

Love this Panta tie, but I have to admit to finding it difficult to knot!
-TTO

Wham! And, yeah, my Pantas occupy at least 20 minutes of my day with "attempts" at knotting.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
1138647486_57VEW-O.jpg

- B

Bastard.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
I have absolutely no idea what unconscious impulse caused me to pose like this... must be feeling in an expansive mood
laugh.gif

KMr7U.jpg

I see you finally surrendered and chose a tie that works.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO

Love this Panta tie, but I have to admit to finding it difficult to knot!
-TTO

yes that is a serious problem. to aleviate your stress i say you pass it along to me and ill worry about it
devil.gif

94dfe394.jpg

28af4201.jpg

b02af1c2.jpg

0e1a4307.jpg

besides the green socks youre looking very serious the past few days. lots of skull f.. cracking huh?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suggestion: Start a B&S tripod fund
smile.gif
I agree 100% - but you explain that to Mrs. Spoo while running late for work and packing up BabySpoo in the car for a doctors appt. Im lucky she took the pics at all
laugh.gif

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I see you finally surrendered and chose a tie that works.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

+1. Looks great, HF. I'd try other textures in ties as well.

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
@harry It's a shame the full body shots say nothing about the cloth. Your deets pic hints at a totally different story.

Crappy iPhone's the best I can do
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Achillus
I'm not sure about your shoes, but your db blazer and watch are really nice
smile.gif

It's one of those pet favorites that others don't quite like but is your favorite nonetheless. Got those Barkers last September and probably wear them more than any other shoe.

Thanks for your kind words on the rest though.

Originally Posted by A.J.V
I like the jacket but I think this look could benefit from a nice (i.e blue) tie.

Couldn't agree with you more (navy blue or burgundy pindot would have been great). Unfortunately attire at work is business casual - no one wears ties and I'm pushing the envelope with a DB jacket for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads