1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Senior member

This week was cotton jacket and gingham shirt week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Purple haters gonna hate:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trousers are navy, socks are black with purple and lavendar not monochrome grays!

1 person likes this.
  2. milecargo

milecargo Senior member

I work in a large corporate park in Newport Beach and nobody would dream of wearing a tie nor a jacket on Friday. Folks here, even executives, sport designer denim and a polo shirt.

3. Adarael

Adarael Well-Known Member

I like the cut and stripes on that suit, especially with those shoes. Who made it/what is it?

4. Spong

Spong Well-Known Member

I don't get this. I mean no offense to Fuuma but from all his outfit posts I don't get why he posts in the MC section. To me everything he wears is SW&D - it's nice and everything, the man clearly knows his stuff I just don't get why it's here and why no-one has ever questioned it.

In short..

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i cant believe i missed this post this morning. i love it holdfast, really like the color and pattern contrast. :slayer:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  6. thenewguy

thenewguy Well-Known Member

Several of you guys make me want to toss a match in my closet and walk away in slow motion with a healthy swagger showing how tough I am to be destroying a den of atrocious acts against fashion. I work in a world filled with overly large khaki pants and golf shirts - most adorned with overly large logos of golf equipment manufacturers. We only wear suits and ties when visiting with customers. Even then, most wear suits 2 sizes too large. It is painful to see. This website is a small corner of refuge as I work up the courage to dress like most of you here... sans tie, of course.

7. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well look at you guys, all crisp with well pressed clothes and what not!

This is how I look on a friday afternoon, about to board a train. A bit wrinkly from a day at the office and the hair's a mess. About to get some vacation though, and that feels freakin' great.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Exactly OC

9. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

And on the other end of the spectrum. Denim is prohibited in my office (Atlanta) - the only exception being on those Fridays when the boss is out of town. At which time we have "Denim Fridays" - meaning if we wear denim we must contribute $5 to the office charitible donation fund. The charity is then choosen at the end of the year by popular vote. We normally raise a few thousand dollars a year via this little game.

Our building is a high rise and the only other tenant in the building is a large investment firm - NO DENIM - EVER - from the looks of most of them I wouldn't be surprised if they wore their suits and ties to bed at night! Seriously - they do casual Friday - which means sports coats, ties optional, trou and loafers mostly.

Today I wore jeans, pointy toed (GASP!) italian shoes, and guess plaid shirt - certainly NOT a WAYWRN outfit!

Interesting how different it is 'round the country.

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

When I started on this forum "SWD" didn't exist and there were no specialized thread, I usually post fully "SWD" outfits in here unless I forget (like waxed jeans, boots, tee leather jacket). Sharing is caring.

11. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

You got that right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

At least they are wearing black footwear! (mostly) :rotflmao:

13. Alexander

Alexander Senior member

Nice fit on that Suit Mr, smashing look :)

14. milecargo

milecargo Senior member

Seems like the shoes stay the same though.

15. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

Definitely industry standards. I'm sitting in my office in Buckhead right now. The guy on the desk next to me has worn shorts and flip flops twice this week. I wear a sport coat almost everyday solely because I enjoy it. I could just as easily never dawn a collared shirt if I did it strategically.

16. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Peaks and linen seem incongruous to me. Otherwise, smashing.

17. landshark

landshark Senior member

Incongruous, perhaps. Elegant, absolutely.

18. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thank you, it's cotton actually. I guess you could say the same "rules" applies to both types of fabric though. And I do understand where you're coming from, peaked lapels are generally something you find in more formal jackets. However, I love this particular piece of cotton.

19. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'd say that the suit's fairly informal anyway (DB, birdseye, light grey) and the shoes are also pretty informal (reddish-brown monks), so the informal shirt "felt" in tune and comfortable with that. Fortunately, even if strictly/technically inappropriate, most people don't think about clothes, the first impression probably matters more, most of the time, so I'm glad that was at least was positive. :)

Thanks again for constructive feedback.

Funny sort of care-bear you are. :p :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.